Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome (1474 Views)

Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 / "The N13 Billion Nanny Loan" Oceanic Bank To Cecilia Ibru's Ex-Nanny / Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by abagoro(m): 5:01am On May 23, 2011
On May 23, 2011 · In News

LAGOS – Global Fleet Group at the weekend in Sao Tome took over 100 per cent shareholding of Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome. The bank was handed over to Jimoh Ibrahim as the new chairman in Sao Tome at a completion board meeting at weekend.

Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Jimoh Ibrahim, signed on behalf of his company Global Fleet UK while the Managing Director of Oceanic Bank; Mr. John Aboh-led eighth subsidiaries of the bank to Sao Tome where the bank was handed over.

The development witnessed first completed sales of a bank since the present reform of the Central Bank of Nigeria under Malam Sanusi Lamido. The bank was set up in 2008 and licensed by the Central Bank of Sao Tome to carry out banking business.

In her last financial statement, the bank which made a loss of $600,000 had a contingency balance sheet of about 166.4 billion Dobras (Sao Tome currency).

Ibrahim, who said the bank will be repositioned and turned round quickly to return to profit, stressed that the take-over is strategic to position external relations between Sao Tome and Federal Government of Nigeria Joint Venture project.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by aljharem3: 5:33am On May 23, 2011
i dey laff ooo

i don't see the yoruba people shouting hail stone

if na igbo, the whole world go know grin grin grin grin shameless inferiority complex people

not to turn this thread tribalistic, i just wanted to state the obvious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

good one jimoh
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by 49cents(m): 5:41am On May 23, 2011
^^what has yoruba and igbo got to do with the matter of bank acquisition in sao tome? Your statements are grossly uncalled for as they are idiotic!
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by Antiscam1: 5:50am On May 23, 2011
Na waooooo!.In less than five months ibrahim jimoh set up two banks!,acquire newswatch!
I envy your business style of acquisition of ailing company and making them become profitable in no time!
U are a genius keep it up!
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by aljharem3: 5:51am On May 23, 2011
49cents:

^^what has yoruba and igbo got to do with the matter of bank acquisition in sao tome? Your statements are grossly uncalled for as they are idiotic!

^^^^

i think ur post is more idiotic and da,ft to the very least

do u know what i am taking about

if u are igbo, then u are part of the people with inferiority complex, i mean look at the political section, u would see igbo this igbo that

but yet, others have done this before them and no one has acknowlege them

so i think u should shut up and enjoy the thread, don't derail the thread
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by aljharem3: 6:06am On May 23, 2011
ibrahim

where are u getting this money from ?

where

even mr gate does not buy 3 major firms within 1 week

newswatch 1billion

this one

and 1 more bank
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by enyojo(f): 6:56am On May 23, 2011
[size=14pt]BREAKING NEWS!![/size]
[size=16pt]JIMOH IBRAHIM BUYS THE ATLANTIC OCEAN!![/size]

Nice Fronting for Corrupt Out-going Governors, grin
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by Nobody: 7:43am On May 23, 2011
i feel cecilia ibru is behind this, they are very close and since she has lost oceanic NIGERIA , she wants to start afresh with sao tome branch.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by Bawss1(m): 7:50am On May 23, 2011
chuks01:

i feel cecilia ibru is behind this, they are very close and since she has lost oceanic NIGERIA , she wants to start afresh with sao tome branch.

You feel eh? undecided Your feelings are now in her mind now as it told you she wanted to start afresh with Sao Tome. Good for you.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by Nobody: 7:59am On May 23, 2011
guy i now jimoh well, he is fronting, he doesnt waste so i know he cant buy 2 companies in one week.There is more to it.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by Seun(m): 8:06am On May 23, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by Nobody: 8:56am On May 23, 2011
i dey laff ooo

i don't see the yoruba people shouting hail stone

if na igbo, the whole world go know shameless inferiority complex people

not to turn this thread tribalistic, i just wanted to state the obvious

good one jimoh

What is with the yoruba and igbo rant here ------ why do you just wanna derail this thread-----why not just keep it clean
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by hotToyin: 10:57am On May 23, 2011
Mr Jimoh Ibrahim i buying businesses up and down but he refuses to pay his contractors. Air Nigeria is in serious distress now, ask the workers, he is more interested in acquiring new businesses and fir his name to be in the media than making his present business work
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Acquires Oceanic Bank, Sao Tome by enyojo(f): 11:32am On May 23, 2011
hot Toyin:

Mr Jimoh Ibrahim i buying businesses up and down but he refuses to pay his contractors. Air Nigeria is in serious distress now, ask the workers, he is more interested in acquiring new businesses and fir his name to be in the media than making his present business work

Since he is good at Buying companies, let him appoint people who are good at managing them. Simple!
I think IMPACT MATRIX is a firm that will be of immense help in that regard.

(1) (Reply)

How Has Globalization Benefited Nigeria? / Sanusi’s Boko-haram Economics Theory / Some Nigerians Suspected To Be CIA Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.