Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace (2886 Views)

Senate Uncovers ₦‎13 Billion Illegal Salary Increase In Minting Company / IGP Baba Presents ₦13 Billion Cheques To Families Of Dead & Injured Officers / EFCC Charges Kenneth Minimah, Others With ₦13 Billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by Nellyvin(m): 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari waives #13bn taxes Air Peace was supposed to pay following the acquisition of 13 brand new aircraft from Brazil.

Air Peace said it has saved #13 billion on its 13 new aircraft due to the duty waiver granted by the federal government.

Me: Thank you Mr. President for doing the right thing. Air Peace should be declared Nigeria's National Carrier.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by lastburn(m): 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
E try. Good move
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by SarkinYarki: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
They will still come back later and say you are owing them back log of taxes on the same planes the day you criticise Buhari ...these people never keep to their words

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by Arnold1(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
Nellyvin:

President Muhammadu Buhari waives #13bn taxes Air Peace was supposed to pay following the acquisition of 13 brand new aircraft from Brazil.

Air Peace said it has saved #13 billion on its 13 new aircraft due to the duty waiver granted by the federal government.

Me: Thank you Mr. President for doing the right thing. Air Peace should be declared Nigeria's National Carrier.

Could you please provide the source of this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by OkuFaba(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
Something that they'll come back to ask for, and that time, the company would be worth just 12.9billion

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Mumu Op, Meaning it cost about a billion naira to import one aircraft?

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by seunmsg(m): 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Is custom duty levied on the cost of importation or the cost of the goods imported?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by uba1991: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
SarkinYarki:
They will still come back later and say you are owing them back log of taxes on the same planes the day you criticise Buhari ...there people never keep to their words
borrow brain pls.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by uba1991: 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
No matter what buhari do to children of hate, they will never appreciate him.
God bless buhari
God bless Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Is custom duty levied on the cost of importation or the cost of the goods imported?
Oya, let's do the math, how much is one commercial aircraft?
Say, 20% import duty on the aircraft and 5% vat inclusive.
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by Itulah(m): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2021
Nellyvin:

Very funny!!
By your lai mohamed mouth, each plane duty cost 1billion Naira.
I dube thee Lai Mohamed junior cool
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by seunmsg(m): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Oya, let's do the math, how much is one commercial aircraft?
Say, 20% import duty on the aircraft and 5% vat inclusive.

You did not answer my question.
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2021
seunmsg:

You did not answer my question.
You don't even understand what you're saying. I asked you a question based on your comment, how much is an aircraft that it's import duty will amount to 1 billion naira.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by seunmsg(m): 7:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
Itulah:

Very funny!!
By your lai mohamed mouth, each plane duty cost 1billion Naira.
I dube thee Lai Mohamed junior cool

Maybe Allen Onyema is now Lai Mohammed.

The Chairman of Air Peace, Mr Allen Onyema, hailed the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration for granting airline operators waiver on importation of aircraft, as well as removing Value Added Tax (VAT) from air tickets.

Buhari’s govt has recovered N1trn looted funds – APC leaders
The Brief: Fired ministers; Zamfara abduction; IPOB bombs
He said with the decision the airline had saved N985m each from the 13 brand new aircraft, E195-E2, it ordered from Embraer, revealing that three of the aircraft had arrived while the remaining 10 were being expected.

Speaking with Daily Trust shortly after Air Peace sealed a N1.2bn deal with the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF), Mr Onyema said the waiver which was granted to indigenous airlines had greatly helped the carrier.

“The brand new planes Air Peace imported, each one of them, if we are to pay duty, it would be about 985m per aircraft. Now I am bringing 13 aircraft. So multiply N985m by 13. Let’s say almost a billion that the federal government and President Buhari have saved Air Peace. That’s about N13bn that I would have paid as duty.”

The airline had projected to provide over 8,000 jobs with the 13 aircraft on order. It also has purchase right for 17 of the same aircraft

https://dailytrust.com/waiver-air-peace-saves-n13bn-on-13-new-aircraft

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by seunmsg(m): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

You don't even understand what you're saying. I asked you a question based on your comment, how much is an aircraft that it's import duty will amount to 1 billion naira.

Answer my question before asking yours. Below is your post that I reacted to. Is custom duty charged on cost of importation or cost of the item imported?

ThEGodFaThEr103:

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by Buckeyemedia1: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
SarkinYarki:
They will still come back later and say you are owing them back log of taxes on the same planes the day you criticise Buhari ...these people never keep to their words
Ipob must find a reason to wail, President Buhari hates igbos, he wants to destroy all Ndi igbo businesses? Useless Failures like yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by SarkinYarki: 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Ipob must find a reason to wail, President Buhari hates igbos, he wants to destroy all Ndi igbo businesses? Useless Failures like yourself.

Buhari is the proper failure
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by Buckeyemedia1: 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Buhari is the proper failure
Almijiri, just like you a Southern sophisticated Wailer, that doesn’t know how to improve his life, but to wait for one Alhaji from Daura?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by SarkinYarki: 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Almijiri, just like you a Southern sophisticated Wailer, that doesn’t know how to improve his life, but to wait for one Alhaji from Daura?

Me and your who needs to improve his life? You are a 38 year old failed media practitioner who now has to do shill job for Buhari to survive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by gnykelly(m): 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
a caveat should be put to it to pay their staff very well and always use local supplier and supplies

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by Commentor: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
He must do same for other businesses.
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by vedaxcool(m): 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
seunmsg:

grin grin grin grin It is only a matter of time before they will stripe Onyema of his ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2021
When you see an Igbo man contributing positively to Nigeria, just know he's from delta not alaigbo. Apart from Anambra, others are... lipsrsealed
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by ObiOfOnistha: 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
These people are hypocrites, it is dangote now, they will come out like fingerlings to wail like dogs barking at the moon

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by seunmsg(m): 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin It is only a matter of time before they will stripe Onyema of his ethnicity.

The problem with some of these our friends is that they don’t know when to stop wailing. They wail so much that they end up wailing over policies that benefit them. Their comments are just hilarious.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by iwaeda: 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Tax waiver is good as long as they will not come and lament why they can not fund their projects, except borrowing.
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by iwaeda: 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
Nellyvin:

Tax waiver is good as long as they will not come and lament why they can not fund their projects, except borrowing. Double standard government, if I want to use my small Corolla, I import it is heavily taxed with all manner of import duties and yet some hungry custom at Ogere will tell me, I did not pay full duties. No more noise.
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by vedaxcool(m): 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
seunmsg:

The problem with some of these our friends is that they don’t know when to stop wailing. They wail so much that they end up wailing over policies that benefit them. Their comments are just hilarious.

grin grin grin they are just bitter souls who cry at every sign of goodness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by NGpatriot: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

ipob, the cost for each plane is $60.4 Million = N24,691,200,000.00

Each plane costs N24 Billion so if you are going to spew the usual ipob rubbish, start your calculation from the cost for each plane/N24 Billion.

So, with 13 new planes @ 24.6 Billion X 13.

The total cost for 13 planes = N319 Billion.

Now, explain to us how you arrived at each plane costing N1 Billion and while you are at it, also explain to us how and why N13 Billion tax on N319 is too much.

This is the thing with you Igbos., you don't read, you don't do basic research or even apply google common sense, you just type your usual ignorant rubbish

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by ArewaWife(m): 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2021
Great
Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by uba1991: 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
This topic is still in page 1. Just imagine that the report says buhari refused to give waiver to an Igbo man. The report would have reached 80 pages by now. They are hating the man for no reason, their purpose on Earth is to hate.
God passed the evil souls of ipob terrorists,they will never succeed.
God bless buhari
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Waives 13 Billion Tax For Air Peace by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
NGpatriot:

ipob, the cost for each plane is $60.4 Million = N24,691,200,000.00

Each plane costs N24 Billion so if you are going to spew the usual ipob rubbish, start your calculation from the cost for each plane/N24 Billion.

So, with 13 new planes @ 24.6 Billion X 13.

The total cost for 13 planes = N319 Billion.

Now, explain to us how you arrived at each plane costing N1 Billion and while you are at it, also explain to us how and why N13 Billion tax on N319 is too much.

This is the thing with you Igbos., you don't read, you don't do basic research or even apply google common sense, you just type your usual ignorant rubbish
Zombie, when did government approve of the zero import duty policy?
Are you saying the policy has been in place before the acquisition of the 13 aircrafts?
This is why 95% of Nairalanders know you as a zombie.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayemi Hails Ekiti Workers On May Day / 15 APC Chieftains Dump Party In Kaduna / How The Igbos Built world First Private financed Airport In IMO State*photos*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.