Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya (19161 Views)

Governor Obaseki Visits Families Of People Killed During 2023 Elections / Bishop Of Orlu Visits Families Of The 14 Massacred Youths In Imo By Ebubeagu / Kaduna Crash: Dolapo Osinbajo Visits Families Of Military Officers Who Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Metrix147: 5:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
Member representing Ikwuano/Umuahia federal Constituency, Hon Sam Onuigbo, has paid condolence visits to the families of Chibuzor Ikwunze at Umuagu, Umuhu Ohuhu and late Sunday Ogbah at Umuaeze, both in Umuahia North Local Government Area of Abia state.

Both families lost four and three family members respectively after allegedly eating barbecue, popularly known as suya and fruit juice in Umuahia last week, ABN TV reports.

Chibuzor Ikwunze's children between the ages of 3 — 12 had visited the family of late Sunday Ogba for holidays when the incident took place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVdeMnQiz0
Late Ogbah died along with two of his children while his wife and daughter survived. They also ate from the same meal.

Hon. Onuigbo who represents the victims is the first political office holder to identify with the families since the incident happened, ABN TV reports.

The lawmaker who visited the families along with his aides and members of the constituency on Thursday expressed sadness over the incident, saying he lacks word to describe how saddened he is.

"I want to truly appeal to you to accept God's presence in your life. I know it's God that kept you (Chibuzor Ikwunze) and your wife alive after losing four children at a go" he said

While at late Ogba family, he said, "I know I cannot find words to describe this kind of situation and how sad I feel. This is indeed very very sad, a very unfortunate development."

He reiterated that what has happened is irreversible, urging the bereaved families to take heart.

The lawmaker said no amount of weeping will bring back the dead persons, urging the families to find solace in God.

He prayed God to console the families and give them fortitude to bear the death of their loved ones.

He promised to offer assistance in whatever he can to cushion the effects of the pain the families are passing through.

He urged the families to include him in the burial planning process.

The lawmaker also donated undisclosed amount of money to both families.

The state government had indicated readiness to conduct autopsy to ascertain the cause of the death of the seven victims.

It says outcome of the autopsy would be made public.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/09/hon-sam-onuigbo-visits-families-who-lost-seven-persons-in-umuahia-after-allegedly-eating-suya-photos-video/

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by NwaAmaikpe: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2021
shocked

This is very commendable and exemplary of a Federal Constituency's representative.

The rest should emulate this.
It was Debola Macaroni who visited the family of Jumoke Oyeleke, the victim of the Yoruba Nation Rally but their representatives and political leaders would rather go all the way to London to take pictures with Tinubu.

That aside, I can't help but imagine the manner of furore that would have been the case if 7 people had died in Kano after eating Abacha or Okpa.

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Waasew: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2021
Too bad
Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by aylive02(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2021
angry
This man has done more than APC in 6 years
Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by WibusJaga: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2021

After eating suya?
So these people have not yet done a comprehensive autopsy to come up with the actual cause of death? SMH

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Flexherbal(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2021
So sad!

It is only God that can console them.

2 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Abbeyme: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2021
End time suya

2 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Cmexy: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2021
Pathetic... My condolences to both families. Let’s be careful with what we eat people. A lot is happening these days.

3 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Stay away from suya

2 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Dikegodspower(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Hmmm
The woman get anti poison for body?
Make I no talk
Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by hamaworld(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Nice one
Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by iampeterben(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Well done the people's representative but please let it not stop there. Proper investigation must be carried out and justice for the dead please. People nor fit just chop suya die go and nothing will be done, suya now self don dey fear me.

5 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Rubbiish(m): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2021
Quite a sad one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Drillyone: 8:48am On Sep 04, 2021
Good job

2 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2021
No one knows tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by elganzar(m): 8:49am On Sep 04, 2021
Really sad

They should still investigate sha__ especially since the women also ate from the said suya and didn't die

5 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Sonnobax15(m): 8:49am On Sep 04, 2021
undecided
Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by elganzar(m): 8:49am On Sep 04, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I can't help but imagine the manner of furore that would have been the case if 7 people had died in Kano after eating Abacha or Okpa.
Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by okechuks22: 8:50am On Sep 04, 2021
aylive02:
angry
This man has done more than APC in 6 years
true talk

4 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Lixusheng(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2021
iampeterben:
Well done the people's representative but please let it not stop there. Proper investigation must be carried out and justice for the dead please. People nor fit just chop suya die go and nothing will be done, suya now self don dey fear me.

Am sure it was poisoned by a family member

4 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by SunshineHQ(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2021
all these useless meat are not hygenic but i go still use am cook indomie dis nite. omo ase lo ma looseguard

5 Likes

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Ppogbae: 8:51am On Sep 04, 2021
Did they eat from ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2021
aylive02:
angry
Medication after death. Was he able to revive them?

Did he ever tell you he could raise the dead?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by princejones(m): 8:55am On Sep 04, 2021
We are very close to you, we can handle that roofing work for you

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by 02Kebreal(m): 8:55am On Sep 04, 2021
They haven't carried out autopsy and they are attaching the death to eating suya.
I won't say anything...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Iconstar: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is very commendable and exemplary of a Federal Constituency's representative.

It was Debola Macaroni who visited the family of Jumoke Oyeleke, the victim of the Yoruba Nation Rally but their representatives and political leaders would rather go all the way to London to take pictures with Tinubu.

That aside, I can't help but imagine the manner of furore that would have been the case if 7 people had died in Kano after eating Abacha or Okpa.
Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by Iconstar: 8:57am On Sep 04, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Onuigbo Visits Families Who Lost 7 Persons In Abia After Allegedly Eating Suya by IvarDboneless: 8:57am On Sep 04, 2021
What can I say other than to refer you to the first comment on the thread undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Release Underway – Ekweremadu Assures / "Attack On Ondo Catholic Church Worshippers Is Unacceptable" - IPOB / Governor Obiano Reconstructing Zik Roundabout Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.