Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help (895 Views)

The Differences Between 4, 6, 8, 12… Cylinders / Buyer Of ₦6.7b Bugatti Agreed To Buy It On The Spot After Seeing Only Sketches / I've Had It With 4-cylinders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by Mehyour: 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
Good evening Seniors, please I have issue with my Nissan Pathfinder 2001 model. I noticed that the engine wasn’t complete so I took it to my Rewire to help me service/changed the Nozzles to a Tokunbo and we changed the 6 plugs too but still the engine didn’t work well. We later discovered that it’s only 3 cylinders that are working out of the 6. And this have given us worried of what could have happened and this led us to even changed the brain box but no luck yet. So we suggest that we should scanned the car to know where the problem(s) is. The scanner said the problem is P1165 which is Swirl Control Valve Control Vacuum Switch. I don’t know what to do anymore. Please my brothers help me out because I’m really losing out on this car. Thanks
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by ehmmy11(m): 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
Cc
Nurey
Nisspart
Heavenlybang

1 Like

Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by ogbuefi677(m): 11:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Your ride is tired of being a V6 and wants to downgrade from V6 to i3.
Accept it in good faith!
The Lord works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by okoroemeka(m): 5:54am On Sep 04, 2021
Mehyour:
Good evening Seniors, please I have issue with my Nissan Pathfinder 2001 model. I noticed that the engine wasn’t complete so I took it to my Rewire to help me service/changed the Nozzles to a Tokunbo and we changed the 6 plugs too but still the engine didn’t work well. We later discovered that it’s only 3 cylinders that are working out of the 6. And this have given us worried of what could have happened and this led us to even changed the brain box but no luck yet. So we suggest that we should scanned the car to know where the problem(s) is. The scanner said the problem is P1165 which is Swirl Control Valve Control Vacuum Switch. I don’t know what to do anymore. Please my brothers help me out because I’m really losing out on this car. Thanks
if the 3 cylinders that are not working from one bank of the v6,it is time to bring the one top cylinder down and change the valves,also check the ignation coils if it is firing, mostly the cause of this type of valve failure is poor oil pressure getting to the top cylinder,let them bring out the bottom plate and wash the oil pump filter to increase pump pressure
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by autologic: 7:00am On Sep 04, 2021
okoroemeka:
if the 3 cylinders that are not working from one bank of the v6,it is time to bring the one top cylinder down and change the valves,also check the ignation coils if it is firing, mostly the cause of this type of valve failure is poor oil pressure getting to the top cylinder,let them bring out the bottom plate and wash the oil pump filter to increase pump pressure
Bad suggestion.
Don't ever start opening up engine indiscriminately based on mere what u feel but what u have confirmed 100%.Beside poor oil pressure will affect all cylinder not just 3 cylinder alone .
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by autologic: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2021
Mehyour:
3 cylinders just going down like that is not mere
coincidence but certain denominator that is common to all 3 cylinders that is affected ,if it restricted to a single cylinder bank then it time to check the following item:timing ,power feeds and ground to the ignition and injector etc
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by Cokahot: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2021
Bad sensor or bad expired spark plugs
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by okoroemeka(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
autologic:

Bad suggestion.
Don't ever start opening up engine indiscriminately based on mere what u feel but what u have confirmed 100%.Beside poor oil pressure will affect all cylinder not just 3 cylinder alone .
if the ignition coils are good ,the spark plugs are good and nozzles are firing,what else do you think that can make 3 cylinders in one bank of a v6 engine to stop working?if it is not valve what else can cause such problem?and what can make the valves to fail at once,if not poor lubrication,I have worked similar problem in my previous car that's why I know.
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by autologic: 7:06am On Sep 05, 2021
okoroemeka:
if the ignition coils are good ,the spark plugs are good and nozzles are firing,what else do you think that can make 3 cylinders in one bank of a v6 engine to stop working?if it is not valve what else can cause such problem?and what can make the valves to fail at once,if not poor lubrication,I have worked similar problem in my previous car that's why I know.
Since my audience here is a diyer with his only training and learning based solely "on working on similar problem on his car ",and his mind so closed to accept superior knowledge ,I think I am done ,no comment .
Continue to wallow in your "knowledge" undecided
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by okoroemeka(m): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2021
autologic:

Since my audience here is a diyer with his only training and learning based solely "on working on similar problem on his car ",and his mind so closed to accept superior knowledge ,I think I am done ,no comment .
Continue to wallow in your "knowledge" undecided
we are here to learn from the experiences of other people and I am not arguing about your superior knowledge,just that I have had similar problem and I just shared how it was solved,it is left to the mechanic to decide how he will work the car,
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by fabienjoe: 11:14am On Sep 06, 2021
Mehyour:

The haste with which Nigerians change their ECU's is alarming. Some of these strange car behaviours mostly relate to sensors and not the ECM. It's difficult to get a perfectly matching ECU for most vehicles, which is why changing the ECU mostly result in even more bizarre behaviours in most vehicles..The owner gets so frustrated that the car is put on sale..Many Nigerian used cars come with a swapped ECU and the buyer inherits a practically psychotic vehicle.
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by sultaan(m): 8:27am On Sep 07, 2021
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by okoroemeka(m): 8:40am On Sep 07, 2021
fabienjoe:

The haste with which Nigerians change their ECU's is alarming. Some of these strange car behaviours mostly relate to sensors and not the ECM. It's difficult to get a perfectly matching ECU for most vehicles, which is why changing the ECU mostly result in even more bizarre behaviours in most vehicles..The owner gets so frustrated that the car is put on sale..Many Nigerian used cars come with a swapped ECU and the buyer inherits a practically psychotic vehicle.
that psychotic description set me laughing when I remembered my previous car an Acura RL,a car that I got ignorant about what flood damage means until strange things started happening at night,AC blower can switch on at night, headlights,fog lights, windows can roll down if you switch on ac,the electric boot can open if you switch on headlamp and the most bizzare is the satellite emergency trying to call the response team in US that the car has an accident,this problems defied and stumped electricians , saltwater damage can cause real serious electrical problems that will defy explanation.
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by fabienjoe: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2021
okoroemeka:
that psychotic description set me laughing when I remembered my previous car an Acura RL,a car that I got ignorant about what flood damage means until strange things started happening at night,AC blower can switch on at night, headlights,fog lights, windows can roll down if you switch on ac,the electric boot can open if you switch on headlamp and the most bizzare is the satellite emergency trying to call the response team in US that the car has an accident,this problems defied and stumped electricians , saltwater damage can cause real serious electrical problems that will defy explanation.

Lol! That's the downside of miniaturization achieved with integrated circuits. Modern cars are full of interlinked electrical and electronic systems..A malfunction in one part would affect another seemingly unrelated operation. It means that even error codes in scanners need expert interpretation, even then, it sometimes stumps even the dealership...and cars are getting even more complicated, leaving unserious countries like Nigeria far behind.
Re: 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help by okoroemeka(m): 9:44am On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=fabienjoe post=105570330]

Lol! That's the downside of miniaturization achieved with integrated circuits. Modern cars are full of interlinked electrical and electronic systems..A malfunction in one part would affect another seemingly unrelated operation. It means that even error codes in scanners need expert interpretation, even then, it sometimes stumps even the dealership...and cars are getting even more complicated, leaving unserious countries like Nigeria far behind.[/quote) electrical problems are now the major challenge in modern cars they now contribute to 50-70% of faults in cars,I remembered one hot sunny afternoon a friend was driving me in my Honda Accord and we took a pothole at high speed at enugu and the car just simply switched off, nothing will work again,cannot crank,no dashboard light, nothing,the suspension and bowjoint that took the force of the blow didn't spoil but it was the electrical system in the car that crashed,a time will come just thunder and lighting can stop cars dead on their tracks.

(1) (Reply)

Peppery/ Burning Eyes While Driving / Lexus 330 Rx 2009 Toks For Sale (very Negotiable) / Looking For A Rhd Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.