Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Between A Mercedes And A Lexus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between A Mercedes And A Lexus (2321 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate / Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by theawesomes: 2:29am On Sep 04, 2021
Guys,
I’m in dilemma as I’m torn between 2 great brands.
I will settle for any based on recommendations from actual users of these cars.
Between a 2013 Lexus rx350 and a 2014 Mercedes e350 which is a better buy in terms of
- Reliability
- Comfort
- Features
- Practicality
- Presence

Let’s be objective in answers please

1 Share

Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by greymiles: 3:20am On Sep 04, 2021
- Reliability- I’ll go for the Lexus... cost of maintenance is low compared to the Mercedes and it’s more rugged than the Mercedes
Ground clearance is higher than the Benz also because it’s a SUV
- Comfort- can’t say which is better, the Benz could be better, but the Lexus IS still a comfortable type of car also
- Features- give it to the Benz
- Practicality- Lexus. Cuz this is Nigeria where the road is bad
- Presence- the Benz has a “yahoo-boyish” type of presence. I’ll still prefer the Lexus. Especially with the fact that I’m the type that love native wears... all those police by the road side will just be hailing u

2 Likes

Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by theawesomes: 7:57am On Sep 04, 2021
greymiles:
- Reliability- I’ll go for the Lexus... cost of maintenance is low compared to the Mercedes and it’s more rugged than the Mercedes
- Comfort- can’t say which is better, the Benz could be better, but the Lexus IS still a comfortable type of car also
- Presence- the Benz has a “yahoo-boyish” type of presence. I’ll still prefer the Lexus. Especially with the fact that I’m the type that love native wears... all those police by the road side will just be hailing u

Thanks for your input
Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by OfficialDJ: 8:34am On Sep 04, 2021
greymiles:
Presence- the Benz has a “yahoo-boyish” type of presence. I’ll still prefer the Lexus. Especially with the fact that I’m the type that love native wears... all those police by the road side will just be hailing u
at the bolded...
Wait what? sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by theawesomes: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
OfficialDJ:
at the bolded...
Wait what? sad

That’s his opinion bro, what’s yours ?

1 Like

Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by IcyAutos: 7:07am On Sep 05, 2021
You've rightly pointed out that these are two very great brands and I can see why you would be torn in making a choice but let's compare;
1)Reliability: Both are very reliable cars if well maintained and could literally take you anywhere in the country but I'll give it to the Lexus 'cause it has less known problems characteristic to it's brand.
2) Comfort: Obviously the E-class is way more comfortable than the RX350. grin
3)Features: They both have same features only that those on the E-class have it better from the sun roof to the display screen and all.
4) Practicality: The Lexus RX350 is a way more practical car as pertains to the Lexus brand which is luxury on a budget and also considering the RX350 has better clearance so it'll will be better for our roads which are off roads in disguise.
5) Presence: Definitely the E-class, the sleek body frame, those beautiful lights and the fact is an MB is going to give you the total feeling of “big".

So it's a 3-2 win for the E-class but the final decision will be on you so whenever you do make your choice call\whatsapp me on 08125000151 as coincidentally, I have both cars (foreign used and super clean non-accidented) up for sale.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by SeaTrade(m): 11:58am On Sep 05, 2021
greymiles:
If you think an E class saloon has a yahoo boyish aura around it then I'll have to say you don't know what you are talking about.
That model year RX350 sef even has a very huge presence in the yahoo boy group.
The type mercedes yahoo boys mostly buy is the C300,Them no get money for E class, especially the 2014 which costs up to 12m these days.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by RZArecta(m): 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
The Lexus
Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by greymiles: 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
SeaTrade:
If you think an E class saloon has a yahoo boyish aura around it then I'll have to say you don't know what you are talking about.
That model year RX350 sef even has a very huge presence in the yahoo boy group.
The type mercedes yahoo boys mostly buy is the C300,Them no get money for E class, especially the 2014 which costs up to 12m these days.
Lol. Yahoo boys don’t have money to buy 12m e class grin

1 Like

Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by toyeoye(m): 6:22am On Sep 06, 2021
theawesomes:
Guys,
Between a 2013 Lexus rx350 and a 2014 Mercedes e350 which is a better buy in terms of
- Reliability
- Comfort
- Features
- Practicality
- Presence

This comparison is not equal mostly because one is an SUV while the other is a sedan.
2 different classes. Most Benz beats most Lexus in comfort, features, presence.
Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by BamBamK: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
boss, this comparison no balance

one na CUV, the other na saloon

jig am

theawesomes:
Guys,
- Reliability
- Comfort
- Features
- Practicality
- Presence

Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by theawesomes: 4:57am On Sep 07, 2021
BamBamK:
boss, this comparison no balance

one na CUV, the other na saloon

jig am

Chief, They are both cars and it’s not really a comparison of which is the best.
Re: Between A Mercedes And A Lexus by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2021
I currently use a Mercedes,
I have also used a HONDA, TOYOTA and LEXUS before, I'd give it to the Mercedes.

That E Class is nobody's mate.

Classy, Aesthetics, Drive train, Balance, Speed, Comfort too.
Mercedes has this kind of Volvo seats they are made by Orthopaedic Doctors.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Came Early To Gazzuzz / Reasons Why Subaru Uses The Boxer Engine / This Rolls Royce Exterion Will Leave You Speechless (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.