Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi (24637 Views)

Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex / Nigeria Stock Market At Highest Level In 15 Years, Gain 18.9% In The First Half / Slaughter Market Port Harcourt: Before And After Demolition: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by sdavirus: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2021
Christology:
Plan fully achieved.
He has been trying to convert here to his personal property.
Same with oil mill, but rumukwurushi people no gree.

Same with Ikoku. Looks like he's gonna succeed with Slaughter.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Iceman2017(m): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Why not have the hoodlums residing there arrested and allowed those using the market for business continue? Sometimes I wonder if Nigerian leaders have brains at all, so what Wike is saying is that any market in Rivers State he suspects hoodlum activity will be demolished.

I see Wike becoming politically irrelevant after 2023.
You have seen well

This I have seen.
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by awa(m): 7:49am On Sep 04, 2021
Christology:
Plan fully achieved.

If you stay in PHC, you will know removing that Slaughter from there is a good decision even the oil mill should be remove from there and taken down the Igbo Etche road... Rumukurushi people own majority of the land too. Ikoku removal makes a lot of sense too... Let's stop misinformation

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by ZaramT: 7:50am On Sep 04, 2021
Wike claimed that place a long time ago. Covid 19 gave him opportunity to lock the market down. He will now use that space for his personal purpose
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by ukgreat(m): 7:50am On Sep 04, 2021
People now trade by the roadside which I find very risky. Especially women who display their goods on the floor.
Also a visitor would hardly know that portharcourt zoo is there.
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Hopebringer: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2021
free2ryhme:

At your age you should be ashamed of yourself

Why? Did I say one lie? We all know the truth in the entire Niger Delta.

From Edo to Cross rivers the two tribes causing heavy crime and cultism across are from those two tribes
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by awa(m): 7:51am On Sep 04, 2021
sdavirus:

Same with Ikoku. Looks like he's gonna succeed with Slaughter.

You are advertising for a property you have in Omagwa, how can such Area develop if some cluster points are not moved to new areas?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Christology(m): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2021
Next thing that would happen there is rapid fencing, and cool wike don carry d land.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by descarado: 7:52am On Sep 04, 2021
Finally.
They have been cleaning up this same market every now and then yet they will congregate back like nothing happened. This is the best decision.

Build modern abattoir pls.
Only in Nigeria.
Country that derive joy in cultism

1 Like

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by akinmusi(m): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2021
free2ryhme:

What is the connection between this destroyed make shift structure and palliative undecided

I don't do e warriors.

Go back and read.

A new one is approved but not built. Meanwhile it's a promise.

Oh you were thinking it's indomie.

Do you understand palliative measures?

I wonder if some of you just want to be plain dumb.

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by AmazingELixir: 7:52am On Sep 04, 2021
grin

Good move by the ever proactive Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, he finally heard the cries of the good people of Port Harcourt.

For those running their mouth carelessly and crying fowl when they know nothing of what happens in that axis..I can only say the current inflation did not affect the price of sniper adversely.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by kingbee90: 7:53am On Sep 04, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Why not have the hoodlums residing there arrested and allowed those using the market for business continue? Sometimes I wonder if Nigerian leaders have brains at all, so what Wike is saying is that any market in Rivers State he suspects hoodlum activity will be demolished.

I see Wike becoming politically irrelevant after 2023.

This I have seen.
Shut up! Fulani miscreants have turned that market into a mosque & a jungle where they carry out their criminal activities.
That place need to go down.
Well-done amiable governor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by descarado: 7:54am On Sep 04, 2021
awa:

If you stay in PHC, you will know removing that Slaughter from there is a good decision even the oil mill should be remove from there and taken down the Igbo Etche road... Rumukurushi people own majority of the land too. Ikoku removal makes a lot of sense too... Let's stop misinformation
Thank you.

Oil mill shouldn't have been there in the first place
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by captainking(m): 7:55am On Sep 04, 2021
As someone who lives very close to slaughter market... I would say.. This was a very very very good move..
That market is a very strong hideout for criminals and rogues who kill and rob persons at will even during broad daylight and the police stationed at slaughter roundabout could do nothing...

Now it's been destroyed.. Those abokis and abobis would be forced to leave slaughter axis of trans Amadi thereby making the area safe... As those guys dey commit wella

Good move wike

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by obyrich(m): 7:55am On Sep 04, 2021
LeeMason:
The demolition exercise is coming after the Rivers State Government gave a deadline of September 1st for traders to vacate the slaughter market.

Governor Wike said the slaughter market was built by the Government but was being taken down for the safety of the public as it had degenerated into a notorious nest of criminals.

The State Government had approved the building of a new abattoir at Mgbuosimini Rumueme, and it promises to be an automated facility.
You gave Deadline of September 1 to demolish but no definite date for rebuilding. Welldone.
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by olisaEze(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2021
Meanwhile crime caused by the traffic jam from the market go reduce for that area.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Onepeople: 7:57am On Sep 04, 2021
Hopebringer:
Good move, all those Yoruba and Akwa ibom boys have turned that place to their cultism and criminal hideout

you are a fuu.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by IVORY2009(m): 7:58am On Sep 04, 2021
SeparateCorners:
shocked WOW! BUILD A LUCRATIVE CAREER IN I.T
Grab this
I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 30% discount expires tomorrow.
|=============>WhatsApp Me if interested<=============|
For Students, Job seekers, Youth Corpers, I.T professionals, Freelancers, Non I.T professionals who want a change in career path, If you'd like to work remotely for one of Fortune 500 companies, Or If you had genuine plans to JAPA.

Biggest scammer kindly avoid him

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by NaijaDonCast(m): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2021
Hopebringer:
Good move, all those Yoruba and Akwa ibom boys have turned that place to their cultism and criminal hideout

do you go there and do statistical survey ?
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Onepeople: 8:04am On Sep 04, 2021
A lying governor, the local government lost the authority of that place to hands of the hausas doing business there ,their inability to impose tax and levies led to the interference and taken over by state government.

Stories flying around said mr tyrant has already converted it to his personal property.
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by AnanseK(m): 8:05am On Sep 04, 2021
Common sense dictates that the new abattoir should first be in place before the bad one is demolished.
And you don’t have to be a Governor to have common sense.

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by sageb: 8:07am On Sep 04, 2021
seanfer:
If you are not a resident around that area you won’t know the atrocities committed daily at that place. People were getting robbed and stabbed daytime and once the criminals enter slaughter you can’t do anything. A colleague was robbed around 7:00pm at the slaughter roundabout while in traffic. I support Gov Wike on this.

true, I have been a victim before
those police officers at the slaughter roundabout should be vigilant
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by desiredhome: 8:08am On Sep 04, 2021
Flexherbal:

They could have stationed law enforcement agents there.
They are there but crimes still persist....
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by slowice(m): 8:11am On Sep 04, 2021
Simply land grabbing effort of ikwerre governor.. If you know you know
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by sageb: 8:11am On Sep 04, 2021
chariisGRACE:
Good move.

I remember when the Iceland cultists that own that have made that place their abode made numerous attempts to take my phone away from me, in some cases, they took it.

I retrieved my phone back because my hands clap small for the community.

Even though my hand clap, I no dey near Slaughter for night or early morning.

Falseprophet you won't know the degree of damages those guys have perpetuated there. You are falling for them to be arrested, where should he start from arresting them... Iceland boys wey plenty.

so you reside in Azuabie / okujagu?
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 04, 2021
LeeMason:
The demolition exercise is coming after the Rivers State Government gave a deadline of September 1st for traders to vacate the slaughter market.

Governor Wike said the slaughter market was built by the Government but was being taken down for the safety of the public as it had degenerated into a notorious nest of criminals.

The State Government had approved the building of a new abattoir at Mgbuosimini Rumueme, and it promises to be an automated facility.

This place is a very dangerous place and crowded. About 3 months ago while going to work , someone was stabbed to death just because of phone . Those bad boys will just gather you while you are trying to board a vehicle and collect your belongings
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by victorazy(m): 8:13am On Sep 04, 2021
Nice one! That place is a hideout, looking like hell.
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by JaskanFactor: 8:14am On Sep 04, 2021
omoyankee3:
Why not finish building the new one before tearing down the old one
Nothing to do with hoodlums, they want to starve the people
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Parisian: 8:14am On Sep 04, 2021
Leave people that don't live in PH to be saying rubbish. There are reports that some human parts were found in freezers in shops where frozen things were being sold.

People who know slaughter very well know how rape and baby factory goes on there on a daily basis so please Just allow them to keep saying rubbish.
free2ryhme:

Since it has become a den for thieves and all sort of atrocities and hideout for criminal elements Govt made a good move destroying it especially for public safety.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by techWriter1: 8:15am On Sep 04, 2021
.... No hideout spots for aboki and their massacres
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Parisian: 8:16am On Sep 04, 2021
They are going to demolish oil mill and nothing will happen.

Any initiative to reduce criminal hide out in Rivers is welcome.

Christology:
Plan fully achieved.
Re: Rivers Demolish Popular Slaughter Market At Trans Amadi by Ulunne777(f): 8:17am On Sep 04, 2021
That market is an evil den for Northerners to perpetrate crime. Very easy for them to stab ppl and disappear in the waters, not forgetting the eyesore that mkt is. They easily gang beat Akwa ibom veggie sellers and disappear.
When Amaechi wanted to do palliative works there, they slashed the tyres of the caterpillars. Those ppl treat even the native sellers anymore.

I always prayed for them to leave there .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Remi Babalola Resigns From FBN Holdings As Chairman / Diamond Bank Current Dom Mastercard Needed!!! / Union Bank’s Principal Owner ‘considering Sale Of 50% Stake’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.