Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Magboro protest : AMORAN breaks silence, says no increment in price of rider's p - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magboro protest : AMORAN breaks silence, says no increment in price of rider's p (236 Views)

Reasons For Hike In Price Of Cooking Gas / No Increment In Minimum Wage, No voting!!! / Ngige: N50,000 NYSC Monthly Allowance Increase Is False. No Increment Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Magboro protest : AMORAN breaks silence, says no increment in price of rider's p by impact231(m): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2021
AMORAN reacts to call for chairman's removal, clears air on purported increment in the price of Rider's permit

The leadership of the Articulate Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association of Nigeria, AMORAN, has reacted to the protest which rocked Magboro in Obafemi Owode local government area of Ogun State on Thursday, 2nd of September 2021, wherein commercial motorcyclost, also known as Okada Riders demanded the removal of the branch chairman, Mrs Funmi Fadipe.

The protesters, who thronged the streets in large numbers to express their dissatisfaction, accused the branch chairman of increasing prices of rider's permit, meting inhumane treatment to Okada riders and the area and rude in her approach.

Reacting to the incident, the State Publicity Secretary of the Union, Otunba Taofeek Sokoya in a phone conversation with our correspondent, noted that the situation has been duly addressed and debunked the purported increment in the price of rider's permit.

"First and foremost, let me state in clear terms that the incident has nothing whatsoever to do with our State chairman. I have read some online reports, claiming that members were calling for the removal of our Chairman, Otunba Nurudeen Aina Alowonle. That's not true. The protest in Magboro is an internal matter that has been duly addressed since the State executive council heard about it.

What our members there demanded was the removal of the branch chairman, Mrs. Funmi Fadipe. After a thorough investigation, we found out that she was truly guilty of some kf fhe allegations levelled against her and in a bid to grant listening ears to our members, we have suspended her and immediately replaced her with a caretaker chairman who will oversee the affairs of the union in the branch until further notice", Sokoya explained.

When asked about the increment in the price of rider's permit, Otunba Sokoya vehemently debunked it, noting that no Union has the autonomous power to do so.

"I have addressed this matter in my recent interviews. My position is clear. No dime has been added to the price of rider's permit and no motorcycle union has the power to do so. It is trictly a government affair and the Dapo Abiodun-led administration has not at any point in time announced such. It is an attempt by the mischief makers to slander the government and score cheap political points.

The rider's permit costs one thousand, five hundred naira (#1, 500.00). Anyone selling beyond this price should be arrested", he added.

(1) (Reply)

NDDC: Timi Frank Faults Submission Of Forensic Audit Report To AGF Malami / A Look At Some Of Vice President Osinbajo's Official Activities For Last Week / The Huge Difference Between Nigeria And Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.