Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,771 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:16 AM

Public Speaking Training In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Speaking Training In Nigeria (174 Views)

I Need Someone To Coach Me In Public Speaking And Being A Change Agent / How Saraki Stopped Akpabio From Speaking At The Senate (VIDEO) / Underscoring Ihedioha’s Increasing Preference And Capacity For Public Speaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Public Speaking Training In Nigeria by Des556: 5:08am On Sep 05, 2021
AN OPEN LETTER TO EVERY MAN AND WOMAN IN NIGERIA WHO WANTS TO MASTER PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS WITHOUT GOING TO TOASTMASTERS

There is something about we humans -- we want things quickly. We love quick results. We don't fancy the process.

You want quick riches!
You want to learn how to drive quickly!

It's human nature. We are in love with speed. Even those who claim to talk about following a gradual process in doing things, deep down, also want to achieve their goals quickly.

Back in 2019, I was zealous about improving my public speaking skills. I was in my final semester in the university and I was doing everything possible to make sure I had all the skills needed to succeed in life after school -- good speaking skills was certainly top of my priorities. I wasn't really a bad speaker but I was keen on being an excellent speaker. I had grown up seeing charismatic figures like Barack Obama sweep people off their feet with their breath - taking public speaking skills. I believed I could do better .

Looking around at the time,Toastmasters seemed like a perfect choice to achieve my aims. Every Tom, Dick and Harry seemed to be talking about Toastmasters.

After doing my findings and attending one of their sessions at Ikeja, Lagos, I felt a bit disappointed. The Toastmasters training program usually ran for six months -- at the time that seemed like eternity. I had other important engagements -- school related tasks topping the list.

Heck! I had thought it would be for two weeks. I wanted to be a great public speaker in a short time. Toastmasters couldn't offer that.

I was still thinking of what to do when I came across another public speaking training centre -- Fordax training academy --http://www.fordax.com.ng/academy. I was a bit sceptical. Owned by Dr. Miki Stephen Michael, an award-winning professional speaker and highly sought after presentation coach. Fordax ran an intensive four weeks training on public speaking.They were based in Lagos and Abuja. I was based in Lagos, so obviously, I chose the Lagos training centre. Lagos program ran from Monday to Saturday. That was two sessions per week. For Abuja, the program operated on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Fordax seemed to be better than Toastmasters for me. Their Lagos program ran for a month for a decent fee of N35,000 and even an 100% money back guarantee if the program turns out to be crap. Toastmasters was more exorbitant and time consuming. This was by my own standards, a better option.

Guys, I jumped at it! In retrospect, it was one of the best decisions I made in my life. I was proud of the fact that I was great at public speaking and I achieved that in a short time -- four weeks.

This was two years ago. I remembered my experience again when a friend who was keen on improving his public speaking skills gave me a phone call. I wasted no time in sharing my experience with him.
"If you want to learn public speaking within a short time and get good results, only Fordax training can offer you such quality service", I said.

(1) (Reply)

Hold Your Leaders Accountable For The Deplorable State Of Your Roads / What's The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area / How Abia LGA Deputy Chairmen Disassociated Themselves From ALGON Chairman’s Clai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.