Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,803 members, 7,862,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity (310 Views)

Obasanjo Speaks On EndSARS Protests, Urges Youths To Stop The Protests / Atiku U.S. Visa: Obasanjo Speaks On APC Allegations / Obasanjo Speaks On Fayemi’s Victory In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by mirinder: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2021
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says his addiction to the game of Squash is one of the secrets behind his longevity.

He spoke on Saturday during the finals of the 3rd Olusegun Obasanjo National Squash Championship in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The championship attracted participants from different states of Nigeria.

It was organized by Ogun State Squash Association in collaboration with Nigeria Squash Federation.

Obasanjo in his remarks, described squash, believed to be game of the army, as interesting and exciting.

The 84-year-old player said the grace of God and the game of squash are secrets of his longevity.

“Those of you who probably feel that the game of squash is something that is fearful, you can now see the beauty,
excitement and the interest. It is a very beautiful game.”

“I am addicted to it. And when people ask me, at my young age… I am a young man, officially 84 going to 85 years. I’m still playing squash. So, when people ask me, what is the secret? It’s the grace of God and squash is part of the secret.

“Again, it is a game that does not require too much time. If you are a very busy person, when you play a game of squash for one hour, you must be sweating. There are other games, when you play them for three hours, you don’t even know that you are playing a game. But here, you are in the court for 45, 50 or 60 minutes, you have got a good exercise for the day.”

Obasanjo expressed his gladness over young talents in the participation and charged them to strive more for excellence.

He also applauded the participants, sponsor and the officials for making the tournament “interesting and successful.”

Meanwhile, Mistura Durosinoluwa from Kwara State, has emerged the winner of under 16 category of the tourney.

Mistura defeated Delight Allison from Akwa Ibom State by three straight set in the final of the Championship played at the Olusegun Obasanjo Squash court in Abeokuta.

Durosinoluwa, who won under 16 girls category and Dominion Ntupe from Lagos, the winner in the boys category attributed the victory to hard work.

Number two seeded player in the championship from Delta state, Busayo Olatunji, defeated number one player, Rofiat Abdulazeez from Kwara state 11-8, 8-11, 11-3 and 11-7 to emerge winner in the senior women category.

https://dailytrust.com/obasanjo-speaks-on-secrets-of-his-longevity
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by Fahdiga(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2021
While a certain lifeless cow who claims to be younger can't even service his wife in the other room and another Opolo eyed thief claiming 69 can't stand on his own without learning on people and walking stick for support
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by azpekuliar: 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2021
How long has he lived that he is bragging? There are 95 year olds still driving themselves and signing cheques. Let him come back and talk about longevity when he is in his mid-90s.
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by Brexxit(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2021
Fahdiga:
While a certain lifeless cow who claims to be younger can't even service his wife in the other room and another Opolo eyed thief claiming 69 can't stand on his own without learning on people and walking stick for support
Easy on them sir. grin

African traditions demands respect for elders.
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by Lastmankc(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2021
Obj,shut the Fu*CK up.Are you older than Methuselah? You're the pioneer of our problem in this country
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by Adarich(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
Only 84 and you are like this.
Imagine if you are 69 or 74.
What did i type sef.
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by Fahdiga(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2021
Brexxit:

Easy on them sir. grin

African traditions demands respect for elders.
Elders without wisdom
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by Sufferingboy(f): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
grin Tell us say you done go hang your life somewhere,this yorubas and juju and occultism.

We know what yorubas are capable of doing with jazz.
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by Dapson73(m): 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
azpekuliar:
How long has he lived that he is bragging? There are 95 year olds still driving themselves and signing cheques. Let him come back and talk about longevity when he is in his mid-90s.

What is the life expectancy here in Nigeria? I can authoritatively tell you that baba is even more energized than you at your useless age.
Re: Obasanjo Speaks On Secrets Of His Longevity by azpekuliar: 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2021
Dapson73:

What is the life expectancy here in Nigeria? I can authoritatively tell you that baba is even more energized than you at your useless age.

You want to use the life expectancy yardstick for this thief who has been living off public funds since 1976?
Does he ride on the bad roads that criss-cross the length and breadth of Nigeria?
Is he at risk of being killed in his farm by marauding herders?
Is he going to walk into the closest general hospital to treat an ailment and be told doctors are on strike?
You must be a m0r0n if you cannot see through these things!
Average life expectancy applies to you & I and not to Obasanjo and his likes.
Just like his counterpart in Minna they have stolen and stashed away enough to guarantee a life-expectancy well above the national average.
Again, I repeat his own benchmark is mid-90s (like Robert Mugabe) come and beat me.

(1) (Reply)

LSETF Internal Injustice And Intimidation/the Two Most Corrupt And Evil LSETF St / UN To Open New Global Compact Africa Office In Abuja, 2022 / Federal Government Did Not Invest In Lagos From 1976... 45 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.