Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,422 members, 7,853,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity (401 Views)

Confusion As Man Dies In Car During Good Friday Service / Disabled Man Dies As Father, Pastors Attempt To Sell Hunchback ‘mercury’ / Confusion In Lagos As MONEY RAINS At A Hotel Building In FESTAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity by factsobserver: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2021
For quite some time now, a lot of controversies and criticisms has evolved in the Nigerian church scape as regards false doctrines especially, the issue of tithe. There’s no doubt, doctrines that have no biblical origin and are feasibly unrealisable must be outrightly dispelled. It is in the light of this that some lingering questions surfaced on my mind and they all seem to put a question mark on the claim of Christians believing they’re one body in Christ.

Very quickly, let’s take a look at the factors that made me come to this weird conclusion. Pastor WF Kumuyi, Pastor DK Olukoya and the Jehovah’s witnesses believe Christmas is a pagan tradition, so it’s not celebrated in their Churches.

Whereas Pastor E.A Adeboye of the RCCG, Pastor David Oyedepo of living faith church, and millions of pastors around the world readily embrace and celebrate Christmas. Also, unlike other bibles, the Jehovah’s witness Bible has the word “God” replaced with “Jehovah” in its entirety. The Kumuyi’s deeper life bible church, on the other hand, believes King James version of the holy bible is the most unadulterated, hence it’s preferred to other bible versions.

Another funny thing is that unlike other churches, the Jehovah’s witnesses don’t close their eyes to pray. I was even told some don’t pray at all, yet they all claim to be Christians.

The issue of dressing has caused a lot of traffic on the media, both reasonable and unreasonable responses were given to support different ideologies. Deeper life members, especially ladies can easily be spotted out without stress, owing to her long pleated skirt, her thick well-wounded hair tie or turban, and her bogus top clothing.

But the same can’t be said of the ladies in pastor David Oyedepo’s Church. Ladies dress in tight trousers, some wear sleeveless tops and appear sexy even on Sundays. They believe true worship is in the heart and not the garment. Same goes for many other churches in Nigeria.

The Catholic and Anglican churches share certain doctrines in common, but the differences are also worth looking into. Catholics, unlike other churches, pray through Mary the mother of Jesus using the rosary.

Also, they believe the use of contraceptives such as CDs even after marriage is ungodly. They recommend the menstrual cycle method which is a nice but socially unrealisable idea. The neonatal baptismal practice is another concrete Catholic practice that differentiates them from other churches.

The message of spirituality and spiritual possession is not far from the reach of the garment wearing Christian churches. Unlike other Christian churches, white or multicoloured garment uniformed Christian churches employ the services of multicoloured candles, holy perfumes “turari”, holy water, staffs and all sorts of “holy” equipment.

Funnily enough, these set of Christians believe its sheer display of ignorance and disrespect to march into the sacred ground of worship with your shoes on, hence they walk barefooted to church.

However, these haven’t stopped people from referring to all these leaders as men of God. Does it mean God speaks with both sides of the mouth? Definitely not!

My candid advice to the pastors and religious leaders is that they should come together to discuss the doctrines, dispel unprofitable ones and uphold biblical and socially realisable ones. Until Christians have one doctrine and speak in one voice as the early churches did, I still don’t see any prospect of moving Christianity forward in Nigeria.

https://factsobserver1..com/2021/09/pastors-authors-of-confusion-in.html
Re: Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity by ahnie: 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2021
Here for the comments.

Thanks!
Re: Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity by Lastmankc(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
Can you say this about Islam in Afghanistan right now? Because Muslims have their own discrepancies.You can never see a northern Muslim praying in a mosque where Yoruba Muslim is the head.
Re: Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity by factsobserver: 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
You just missunderstood the topic

Lastmankc:
Can you say this about Islam in Afghanistan right now? Because Muslims have their own discrepancies.You can never see a northern Muslim praying in a mosque where Yoruba Muslim is the head.

Sorry if that hurt your feeling
Re: Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity by palsenator(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2021
factsobserver:
For quite some time now, a lot of controversies and criticisms has evolved in the Nigerian church scape as regards false doctrines especially, the issue of tithe. There’s no doubt, doctrines that have no biblical origin and are feasibly unrealisable must be outrightly dispelled. It is in the light of this that some lingering questions surfaced on my mind and they all seem to put a question mark on the claim of Christians believing they’re one body in Christ.

Very quickly, let’s take a look at the factors that made me come to this weird conclusion. Pastor WF Kumuyi, Pastor DK Olukoya and the Jehovah’s witnesses believe Christmas is a pagan tradition, so it’s not celebrated in their Churches.

Whereas Pastor E.A Adeboye of the RCCG, Pastor David Oyedepo of living faith church, and millions of pastors around the world readily embrace and celebrate Christmas. Also, unlike other bibles, the Jehovah’s witness Bible has the word “God” replaced with “Jehovah” in its entirety. The Kumuyi’s deeper life bible church, on the other hand, believes King James version of the holy bible is the most unadulterated, hence it’s preferred to other bible versions.

Another funny thing is that unlike other churches, the Jehovah’s witnesses don’t close their eyes to pray. I was even told some don’t pray at all, yet they all claim to be Christians.

The issue of dressing has caused a lot of traffic on the media, both reasonable and unreasonable responses were given to support different ideologies. Deeper life members, especially ladies can easily be spotted out without stress, owing to her long pleated skirt, her thick well-wounded hair tie or turban, and her bogus top clothing.

But the same can’t be said of the ladies in pastor David Oyedepo’s Church. Ladies dress in tight trousers, some wear sleeveless tops and appear sexy even on Sundays. They believe true worship is in the heart and not the garment. Same goes for many other churches in Nigeria.

The Catholic and Anglican churches share certain doctrines in common, but the differences are also worth looking into. Catholics, unlike other churches, pray through Mary the mother of Jesus using the rosary.

Also, they believe the use of contraceptives such as CDs even after marriage is ungodly. They recommend the menstrual cycle method which is a nice but socially unrealisable idea. The neonatal baptismal practice is another concrete Catholic practice that differentiates them from other churches.

The message of spirituality and spiritual possession is not far from the reach of the garment wearing Christian churches. Unlike other Christian churches, white or multicoloured garment uniformed Christian churches employ the services of multicoloured candles, holy perfumes “turari”, holy water, staffs and all sorts of “holy” equipment.

Funnily enough, these set of Christians believe its sheer display of ignorance and disrespect to march into the sacred ground of worship with your shoes on, hence they walk barefooted to church.

However, these haven’t stopped people from referring to all these leaders as men of God. Does it mean God speaks with both sides of the mouth? Definitely not!

My candid advice to the pastors and religious leaders is that they should come together to discuss the doctrines, dispel unprofitable ones and uphold biblical and socially realisable ones. Until Christians have one doctrine and speak in one voice as the early churches did, I still don’t see any prospect of moving Christianity forward in Nigeria.

https://factsobserver1..com/2021/09/pastors-authors-of-confusion-in.html

Firstly, on the issue of Christmas, it is not compulsory you celebrate it.. That does not stop the fact that Christ was born. The reason why Deeper life don't celebrate it is simply because they believe Jesus was not born in December which is true.

On the other hand , other churches celebrate it just as a mark of respect.. despite knowing that He wasn't born on December 25th..

It is not a disagreement as you tried to portray it.. It is rather a thing of choice to mark His birth or not to...One common factor that is undisputable is His Birth, celebration is optional because the date was truly set aside by pagans.

On the issue of KJV , It is the oldest of the recent translations from where most other translation came from. It does not demean the Bible and Jehovah replacing God with Jehovah is nothing ( I guess you are not a Christian ).. God's name is Jehovah and if I choose to call my God is name, is there any crime in it? Every Christian knows God is Jehovah...

Some of your points are damn ridiculous and childish but I will still answer... On the closing of eyes , it is not a doctrine in any denomination. It is simply a way to aid concentration. If you are in your privacy, you can choose to open you eyes once there are less distractions and you know you can be focused. Concentration is necessary in any spiritual circle even beyond Christianity..

On the dressing issues, there is always a standard we call moral... It is not a doctrine as well so stop getting it mixed. On a moral ground, every woman should dress decently either in church or outside the church.. The same goes to women in other religions too. I don't support the idea of skimpy dresses in church or outside the church but yet it is still on the standard of morality.. Morality is not limited to Christianity.

On the Catholic and Anglican issues, I honestly have little to say about that because I do not have the basics of those denominations. Hopefully someone else will

Please kindly respond to this , then we can move forward..Let me know you have read it even if you disagree...

Lest I forget, I will be outlining the fundamental differences between the Sunni and Shiite...

I will take it down to the Sunni and how Muslims also have different doctrines from Ahmaddiyah to Nasfat , to Toheeb etc...

Let's get it started..

1 Like

Re: Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
They are not confusing you. You are the one confusing yourself.

If the Bible says,
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness."
Then why do still go about following men of God?

Try to know what the mind of God is concerning a matter by searching through his words (which is the only universal truth.) Yourself.

Please uou people should stop all this lame excuses and casting aspersions on men of God who are no different from you.

We are all a work in progress. Look only unto the perfect one who is Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastors, The Authors Of Confusion In Christianity by factsobserver: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
palsenator:

Firstly, on the issue of Christmas, it is not compulsory you celebrate it.. That does not stop the fact that Christ was born. The reason why Deeper life don't celebrate it is simply because they believe Jesus was not born in December which is true.

On the other hand , other churches celebrate it just as a mark of respect.. despite knowing that He wasn't born on December 25th..

It is not a disagreement as you tried to portray it.. It is rather a thing of choice to mark His birth or not to...One common factor that is undisputable is His Birth, celebration is optional because the date was truly set aside by pagans.

On the issue of KJV , It is the oldest of the recent translations from where most other translation came from. It does not demean the Bible and Jehovah replacing God with Jehovah is nothing ( I guess you are not a Christian ).. God's name is Jehovah and if I choose to call my God is name, is there any crime in it? Every Christian knows God is Jehovah...

Some of your points are damn ridiculous and childish but I will still answer... On the closing of eyes , it is not a doctrine in any denomination. It is simply a way to aid concentration. If you are in your privacy, you can choose to open you eyes once there are less distractions and you know you can be focused. Concentration is necessary in any spiritual circle even beyond Christianity..

On the dressing issues, there is always a standard we call moral... It is not a doctrine as well so stop getting it mixed. On a moral ground, every woman should dress decently either in church or outside the church.. The same goes to women in other religions too. I don't support the idea of skimpy dresses in church or outside the church but yet it is still on the standard of morality.. Morality is not limited to Christianity.

On the Catholic and Anglican issues, I honestly have little to say about that because I do not have the basics of those denominations. Hopefully someone else will

Please kindly respond to this , then we can move forward..Let me know you have read it even if you disagree...

Lest I forget, I will be outlining the fundamental differences between the Sunni and Shiite...

I will take it down to the Sunni and how Muslims also have different doctrines from Ahmaddiyah to Nasfat , to Toheeb etc...

Let's get it started..

Is not about argue, and i didnt mean to hurt someone faith or believe. All i was saying is there's alot of fake pastors among you that need to be cast out. I witness one pastors claiming that there's no hell for the bad people, recently pastor adeboye claim that GOD has spoken to him and alot more pastor like him

Talking about differences between Sunni and Shi'ah, i dont think i need such thing. I've more than a thousand books that clearly states the differences.

(1) (Reply)

Killer Of 14 Children Who Escaped From Police Cell, Killed By Angry Villagers / Update: 20-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stabbing His Cousin To Death In Rivers / Security Men Engaged Gunmen In Anambra. Neutralize Five. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.