Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? (369 Views)

Tinubu: Lack Of Access To Credit Facilities Is A Major Cause Of Corruption / Sanwo-Olu Nabs Gang Of Traffic Robbers In Act At Ojota / After SARS Ending, Angry Officer Shoots In Heavy Traffic In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2021
I honestly would not believe that it is the many vehicles we have here. The traffic that usually occur in Lagos is, to me, the crazy drivers that hardly keep to road laws.

What do you think?
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by yomi007k(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Causes include but not restricted to;
1. Population.

2. Bad roads.

3. Mad people.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by DoggoneDogg: 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
Potholes/bad roads na number 1 abeg.

I noticed traffic slows down once the road has any little bump. Na d slowing down dey lead to madness activation where drivers on both lanes try underhanded means to maneuver instead of exercising patience for one car to pass.

...............................................................................................
Use interstate roads as an example.
Once you pass Ijebu Ode, na straight uninterrupted blowing till you start to near Ore because of bad roads in that axis.

After Benin, na another straight cruise till you start to near Head Bridge.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by ezugegere(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
Bad roads
Danfo
Police
Trailers
Population
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2021
Bad road

Inefficient traffic management

Inefficient traffic management

Bad road ..
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
yomi007k:
Causes include but not restricted to;
1. Population.

2. Bad roads.

3. Mad people.
population?? Okay what if Lagos is as developed as Newyork or los Angles where almost every body own a car,. hitting the road??

Lagos problem is inefficient traffic management Not population

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by RuddyFusion(m): 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2021
Lagos
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by gasparpisciotta: 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2021
Evil spirits
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
Grgton:
population?? Okay what if Lagos is as developed as Newyork or los Angles where almost every body own a car,. hitting the road??

Lagos problem is inefficient traffic management Not population

I quite agree with this

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2021
poor transport infrastructure.

There is basically a single road connecting most of Lagos, the water ways are underutilized - introducing big barges will go a long way to help.

a bridge from Tarzan jetty upwards will relieve much traffic etc.

A train network won't be a bad idea also
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by SarkinYarki: 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2021
Too little poorly built road serving too many cars with badly behaved drivers
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by laiperi: 12:42am On Sep 06, 2021
Too many cars per square meters, period
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by TooMuchStuff: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2021
Maybe it's spiritual
Re: What Do You Think Is The Major Cause Of Traffic In Lagos? by dasparrow: 4:29am On Sep 06, 2021
mikezuruki:
I honestly would not believe that it is the many vehicles we have here. The traffic that usually occur in Lagos is, to me, the crazy drivers that hardly keep to road laws.

What do you think?

I personally think Lagos is overpopulated but that's just me. Nigerians drive crazy not just in Lagos but all around the entire country. They drive crazy in Abuja too.

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Demands Apology, Restitution From Bulkachuwa Over Alleged Attack / Buhari Sets Up Health Sector Reform Committee; names Osinbajo As Chairman / Bariga Vice Chairman Hon. (mrs.) Kuponiyi Celebrates Birthday With Constituency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.