Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Help!!!!are These Names Different? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help!!!!are These Names Different? (414 Views)

6 Nigerians Whose Names Are In Guinness World Record / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / Harvey And Irma: This Is How Hurricanes Get Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!!are These Names Different? by EniolaSaint: 7:17am On Sep 06, 2021
In Nigeria Institutions,during clearance process,when tendering your documents(o-level,birth cert.,utme),is ''Adebayo Abdul-kabir Adisa" and "Adebayo Abdulkabir Adisa" considered two different names?
Re: Help!!!!are These Names Different? by Bigredmachine: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2021
EniolaSaint:
In Nigeria Institutions,during clearance process,when tendering your documents(o-level,birth cert.,utme),is ''Adebayo Abdul-kabir Adisa" and "Adebayo Abdulkabir Adisa" considered two different names?

Abdul-kabir is a compound name...

Abdulkabir is not a compound name

Hence the difference is clear

1 Like

Re: Help!!!!are These Names Different? by Xixtie(f): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2021
A friend whose name is Taye and was registered as Taiwo in his WAEC had to go swear affidavit during a job screening that he's the owner of the result. As far as they were concerned, the names are different even as they mean the same thing in Yoruba language.
Just go swear an affidavit to save stress.
Re: Help!!!!are These Names Different? by EniolaSaint: 8:57am On Sep 06, 2021
Xixtie:
A friend whose name is Taye and was registered as Taiwo in his WAEC had to go swear affidavit during a job screening that he's the owner of the result. As far as they were concerned, the names are different even as they mean the same thing in Yoruba language.
Just go swear an affidavit to save stress.
Ma'am,the gist is that the one with the hyphen is to be attributed to my o-level certificate and birth certificate,and the one without that is registered on my Utme and Post- Utme,and i'm really worried if UI does accept affidavit during physical clearance.
Re: Help!!!!are These Names Different? by EniolaSaint: 9:04am On Sep 06, 2021
Bigredmachine:

Abdul-kabir is a compound name...

Abdulkabir is not a compound name

Hence the difference is clear
The problem is not 'swearing an affidavit',rather,the problem is that the hyphenated one is on my birth certificate and o-level result and the other one was used during utme and post utme registration.It's complicated,isn't it?and i don't know if the institution does accept affidavit?i fear that the clearance process will be jeopardize?

(1) (Reply)

. / Cheapest University In Netherlands / The Best Philippines Medical College For Indian Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.