Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Kindly Help With This Mazda RX8 Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kindly Help With This Mazda RX8 Issue (542 Views)

Flash Back 2006:Mazda Destroyed 4,703 Brand New Cars After Cargo Ship Accident / Mazda Unveils Vision Coupe Concept Car At 2017 Tokyo Motor Show / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Help With This Mazda RX8 Issue by dammybravo(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2021
Hello everyone,

Mazda
Rx-8
Automatic
4 plug
Petrol
(Engine was converted to Opel)

I had an engine knock in April and I tried replacing it after a month. I got the new Opel engine and the mechanic successfully replaced the new one with the bad one. Now, after it was fixed, the working of the car was not really top notch like it was, before the engine got bad. The mechanic/Rewire started doing trial and errors on what could have went wrong (changing the brain box, coil and even the fuel pump). The car starts, and stops immediately you put it on drive, and for other times, it takes a while to start.

The person who actually did the engine conversion is not presently in the country. I don’t know if I can’t get any help here.

Re: Kindly Help With This Mazda RX8 Issue by nurey(m): 11:12am On Sep 06, 2021
dammybravo:
Hello everyone,

Mazda
Rx-8
Automatic
4 plug
Petrol
(Engine was converted to Opel)

I had an engine knock in April and I tried replacing it after a month. I got the new Opel engine and the mechanic successfully replaced the new one with the bad one. Now, after it was fixed, the working of the car was not really top notch like it was, before the engine got bad. The mechanic/Rewire started doing trial and errors on what could have went wrong (changing the brain box, coil and even the fuel pump). The car starts, and stops immediately you put it on drive, and for other times, it takes a while to start.

The person who actually did the engine conversion is not presently in the country. I don’t know if I can’t get any help here.

You cant get any much help because you dont actually need much help.

Mazda RX8 is equipped with a rotary engine with the tech extremely different from what kazeem is used to. Inserting an opel engine inside the vehicle is a wrong move.

Buy the exact engine if you can find it or afford it

Sell as is or store away buy another car and restore it later when you are buoyant enough.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help With This Mazda RX8 Issue by dammybravo(m): 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
nurey:

You cant get any much help because you dont actually need much help.

Mazda RX8 is equipped with a rotary engine with the tech extremely different from what kazeem is used to. Inserting an opel engine inside the vehicle is a wrong move.

Buy the exact engine if you can find it or afford it

Sell as is or store away buy another car and restore it later when you are buoyant enough.

Thanks. What’s the range of price, you think it could go for? I would rather sell and get a new car.
Re: Kindly Help With This Mazda RX8 Issue by Lexusgs430: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
A vehicle I would never buy (in this world or the next).....

Once that rotary engine start hin shege...... No you go tire........
cheesy
Re: Kindly Help With This Mazda RX8 Issue by nurey(m): 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
dammybravo:

Thanks. What’s the range of price, you think it could go for? I would rather sell and get a new car.

Go to nairaland autos and create a detailed ad for the vehicle. Whoever is interested would make an offer

(1) (Reply)

RX 350 For Sale / Anyone That Knows About Acura? / Car Horn And How It Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.