Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN (13212 Views)

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by 24brains(m): 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
Good. Pantami should be held responsible. FTC.
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Onyeka2019: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
Calibrator:
I have BVN, Voter's card and you expect me to register for NIN when you can as well synchronise my data on all the platforms.

Nigerian government is a joke!

Abi I don link am finish stupid government

1 Like

Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Toneyo(m): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
You enrol; it takes NIMC forever to generate an NIN. You're lucky to get NIN generated. It wont be valid. You take it to the bank, not valid, to register SIM, not verified. You try to link the NIN to your lines, you get the "no record found for this NIN" or "invalid number".

How is this the fault of telcos? This country sef taya me o!

4 Likes

Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by majamajic(m): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
NCC are thieves

Indirectly na we go still suffer it !
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by ipreach: 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Wahala be like Gov. Wike wo want to turn Port Harcourt to a flyover City

Shot and edited with smartphone

Please subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZH5MtodR0w
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by wizelink(m): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
If this policy is for the good of Nigeria let it scale through to success but If it is designed to with lies to gaurd a section and wichhunt another section of this country then know this Mr Minister and your paymaster that YOUR OWN POLICY WILL ONE DAY BE USED AGAINST YOU AND YOUR PAYMASTER.

Nigeria is a country where laws are made but are implemented and enforced in one section of the country while the other section live a care free life.

1 Like

Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by josielewa(m): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lamanii22:

As in jihadist?
heavenly tasty chicken reminds me of night school film

1 Like

Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
Pantami about to cash out big time to make his contribution to The Taliban
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by RodgersAkpafu: 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
This goes to show that the government is stoopid
Why dont they adopt the style that the Jamb Registrar used which I think is very brilliant
Everyone registering for Jamb MUST have a NIN linked to their application
The picture on the NIN and the jamb picture side by side
That way it will incentivise the young ones in getting their NIN and linking it to their phone numbers

This should be a rolling policy, but typical black men dont have the mental sense to understand that things are not to be done in Gestapo manner (gra gra/by force )
When you do that, people naturally resist
The Jamb registrar idea should be replicated across board
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Lamanii22(f): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
josielewa:
heavenly tasty chicken reminds me of night school film

Oh lol... You're a miner too?
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by africandollar: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
This bloody Jihadist-cum-terrorist has started again with his propaganda ehn?! I no dey register any yeye NIN so come and do your worst. Common electricity una no fit provide na tracking people through NIN be una headache now? angry angry angry
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by josielewa(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lamanii22:

Oh lol... You're a miner too?
yeah...pi
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Davefed(m): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
Unrealistic
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Skillsnigeria: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hmmm, na nigerians go pay the taxe last last
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
They will be begging investors to come and do business in Nigeria.Meanwhile,they don't have good policy on ground.Insecurity, irregular power supply, incessant and multiple taxation increment,bad governance,bad roads, persecution,and now fines for your their own failure.How many bandit and herdsmen who are identifiable have they arrested?None.
The main purpose of NIN is to generate revenue and fines.

1 Like

Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by silverx(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
Cautemoc:
Imagine someone registering for this SHIT and after more than 1month, u'll go to use the shit NIN to perform one or 2 legal transactions, they'll now be telling u Ur NIN is not valid. Nigeria is SHIT. I repeat, NIGERIA IS SHIT. If I see a Gambian passport, I'll shapaly immigrate there without thinking twice.
shihole country
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by samsard(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
Xenry:
I haven't yet linked my numbers to any NIN, let them do their worst.
They will keep postponing it till "thy kingdom come" grin. Werey government.
I'm guessing you have a BVN? You'll eventually do it.
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
I'm more determined now than ever not to link any stupid nin to my SIM.... the Nigerian government I know will never do anything good for our sake now that they're talking about fines that means their plan is even more evil than I thought...the useless aboki in Aso rock has not talked about fines for those sponsoring terrorists he's more concerned about monitoring people's phone calls
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Selfmotivated: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
The so called communication minister, how has NIN helped to abate crime... Hasn't hear anyone caught with the help of NIN, APC government fostering propaganda here and there, yet nothing to show for it, bandits, bokoharam and kidnappers having a field day to cruise unwarranted... What a country
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Seniorwriter(m): 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
Calibrator:
I have BVN, Voter's card and you expect me to register for NIN when you can as well synchronise my data on all the platforms.

Nigerian government is a joke!

All shades of incompetent terrorists infested maladministration!
Remag666:
I'm more determined now than ever not to link any stupid nin to my SIM.... the Nigerian government I know will never do anything good for our sake now that they're talking about fines that means their plan is even more evil than I thought...the useless aboki in Aso rock has not talked about fines for those sponsoring terrorists he's more concerned about monitoring people's phone calls

Joysticks:
They will be begging investors to come and do business in Nigeria.Meanwhile,they don't have good policy on ground.Insecurity, irregular power supply, incessant and multiple taxation increment,bad governance,bad roads, persecution,and now fines for your their own failure.How many bandit and herdsmen who are identifiable have they arrested?None.
The main purpose of NIN is to generate revenue and fines.

africandollar:
This bloody Jihadist-cum-terrorist has started again with his propaganda ehn?! I no dey register any yeye NIN so come and do your worst. Common electricity una no fit provide na tracking people through NIN be una headache now? angry angry angry

KEKONweezy91:
Heaven is Real
Hell Naija is more Real.... cool
Pinned

WE NEED YOUNG VISIONARY LEADERS IN NIGERIA!
@SENIORWRITER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Roma10: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
Xenry:
I haven't yet linked my numbers to any NIN, let them do their worst.
They will keep postponing it till "thy kingdom come" grin. Werey government.
Same here grin
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by od501: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
Bolustical:

It's either you people were born to wail needlessly or you're terrorists.

A regulator mandated its subjects to do the proper thing yet you're crying.

Doesn't it make sense that anyone who wants a SIM should have an ID?

Nobody is saying they are doing the wrong thing, the question is...who is spearheading this process? Pantami? A known terrorist. So they want me to gladly submit my data to terrorist.

A known one at that. If they are talking about doing the right thing, how about getting Pantami arrested and charge him for terrorism? It is that simple. Until then, I'm not registering shii...and NCC is wrong to make such move.
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hmmm
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by Tundex911: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
I'm one of them, I guess pantami don register all his whole family first before I go for mine...

I'm tire and even Nigeria is tired of this people aswear

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by lexy2014: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
GENES11S:

It is for the benefit of Nigerians. Don't just kick against something just because others are doing so .
A country without a well manage database of it's citizens is a breeding ground for crime.

How's it for d benefit of Nigerians? Kindly explain.

How is a lack of database responsible for Nigerias backwardness?

How did u come to d conclusion that am kicking against NIN because others are kicking against it?

Is it because of lack of database that d govt can't arrest d problem of bandits and fulani herdsmen for instance?

When this same govt forced Nigerians to register for BVN with all sorts of threats saying that BVN will stop kidnapping, 419 and corruption, can u pls tell me what progress has been made in that direction?
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by bareal(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
Bolustical:

So what becomes of your BVN, National ID and International Passport? You people are just confused like your darling mannequin....
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by lexy2014: 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
Bolustical:

How's it d proper thing?

What is d benefit accruing to d citizen or d country for registering his SIM?
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by bareal(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
GENES11S:
The rate of uncompleted/abandoned projects in Nigeria is to much.

There are lots of Nigerian projects that are older than me that are still uncompleted. Yet year in year out they allocation money and other resources to this projects. WTF!

Sanctioning thses companies is the way to go. If they operate in other countries, they will quickly abide by the rules. But since na Nigeria......they will keep dragging their feet.

It is for the benefit of Nigerians. Don't just kick against something just because others are doing so .
A country without a well manage database of it's citizens is a breeding ground for crime.

So you mean BVN cannot be synchronised across board? Tell me the difference?
Re: NCC: Telcos To Pay ₦200,000 Fine Per Line Over Failure To Verify NIN by GENES11S: 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2021
[sub][/sub]
bareal:

So you mean BVN cannot be synchronised across board? Tell me the difference?

Without getting towards the technical side of things, here is a simple explanation:

Bank verification number (BVN) and National Identification number (NIN) are not the same.

BVN as the name surgest is for those that are operating bank account(s). Don't forget that many people do not have a bank account.

Note: I'm not saying they are doing the right thing or synchronization of data is impossible. I'm saying NIN should be mandatory. Every sane country has done the equivalent of NIN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

26 Cheap Android Phones In Nigeria 2018 (₦10,999 – ₦29,500) / Glo New Data Plan For Smartphones And Mobile Phones / New Gionee F100 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.