Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland (550 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland by Osnami: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
I want to create a forum like nairaland for my industry. What programming language(s) do i need to learn.
All the wordpress plugins I have tried didn't give me satisfaction and functionality like nairaland. I have decided to code the forum myself or give it out to expert programmers to do so for me.
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland by Nickisindigo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
Nairaland was done using python
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland by iCauseTrouble: 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2021
Nairaland is written in either PHP or Python..... Not sure.
This is a age long question Seun has refused to answer
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland by airsaylongcome: 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
iCauseTrouble:
Nairaland is written in either PHP or Python..... Not sure.
This is a age long question Seun has refused to answer

PHP. Nairaland is a heavily customised fork of v1 of the open source SMF forum software

1 Like

Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland by iCauseTrouble: 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Just made my research. It is PHP
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland by Petyprince: 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
It's PHP
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn To Design A Forum Like Nairaland by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 08, 2021
Osnami:
I want to create a forum like nairaland for my industry. What programming language(s) do i need to learn.
All the wordpress plugins I have tried didn't give me satisfaction and functionality like nairaland. I have decided to code the forum myself or give it out to expert programmers to do so for me.

How you create a forum is not important, but how you drive traffic and have many users. The truth is that forum is no more considered an option by modern community online resources. Even there is a thread opened for ideas and most major innovative ideas suggested for NL were social media in nature. If I was you, I wouldn't consider forum first. And if forum, be very innovative. Not something like nairaland. A beg. It's already obsolete.

(1) (Reply)

Software Developers Needed / Getting A Raise And Promotion Faster: A Short Developer's Guide / I Wrote My First JS Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.