Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Iphone Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Iphone Development (1854 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 5:32pm On May 23, 2011
I have gone through these forums over and over and can't seem to see anyone talking about apple development. Why is this so?? I mean isin't there any Nigerian interested in iOS development Just curious
Re: Iphone Development by dellnet: 6:17pm On May 23, 2011
I do ios development. I am more interested in someone that can do blackberry and android.
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2011
Oh cool, at least 1 person, lol I do all three wink
Re: Iphone Development by dellnet: 6:23pm On May 23, 2011
lets talk on ym.
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 6:24pm On May 23, 2011
aiit cool
Re: Iphone Development by Dolemite(f): 7:44pm On May 23, 2011
Can we see a sample of what you have done?
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2011
on?
Re: Iphone Development by blacksta(m): 8:16pm On May 23, 2011
Android Rules World- grin
Re: Iphone Development by Seun(m): 3:04am On May 24, 2011
She wants to see your IPhone and Blackberry/Android Apps.
Dolemite:

Can we see a sample of what you have done?
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 3:10am On May 24, 2011
Yeah but which? Can't just send all, lol Also cant send you my main apps not because I dnt like you but because they are underdevelopment and would soon been in the store,
Re: Iphone Development by logic101: 3:16am On May 24, 2011
Fayimora:

Yeah but which? Can't just send all, lol Also cant send you my main apps not because I dnt like you but because they are underdevelopment and would soon been in the store,

talk is cheap .Why don't you just post links to some of your works and stop masturbating with your excuses.If you cant ,we would consider you as fayimora !=iphone developing
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 3:35am On May 24, 2011
LINKS? you kidding me?? This is iphone development not web-design so what link do you want, Am not a salary earner, neither do i have a company nor amma employed, Am just a student wink How bout this any one with an iphone here? Gimme an app and i dev it for you, drop it next week cause i have exams this week, Anyways ma website is almost done and would launch july third, if you wait till then, you can take a look at my portfolio,

ciaoo
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 3:46am On May 24, 2011
Here's what i was working on before my exams,  Using cocos2d for the animation and 2d effects,

[size=16pt]REMOVED IMAGES[/size]

If you look closely you can see that thats my iphone simulator and not my iphone. @dell_net should know what am talkin about as he develops for the ios

Dunno why am doing this but am sure i dnt have to do this as if you dnt believe me its up to you,  Didn't plead to anyone to do so,

Ciaoo
Re: Iphone Development by Gsmxpert(m): 7:32am On May 24, 2011
check the android market i have 5 applications there, mirsal, baby bubbles, goldcardhelper, dublin police(was paid heavily for this) and a bugs full food recipes, i added akpu in it, oyibo people dey wonder what akpu is grin
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2011
Cool man. U must have added dem der some while back cause android market is hell noW
Re: Iphone Development by Gsmxpert(m): 10:51am On May 24, 2011
yea, but i can add your app if u have, i have access to the official sdk developers section
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 1:13pm On May 24, 2011
Oh cool man dats nice of u. I just have 2 apps i wanna publish cause i mainly develop android for pple. I do have an account. Just don't knw why dey haven't been published.
Re: Iphone Development by NumberOne2(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2011
IOS is really cool. Its a uniform platform and has a large market. However, I took one look at XCODE requirements and walked away. Must have a Mac OS + PC (which don't come cheap) and download the almost 3gig installer. I have a friend working on an ipad app. If it does well, I just may jump in.
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 1:50pm On May 24, 2011
Hahahaa yeah ur right. You can still develop using windows for instance. Just use d is it gcc/gnu compiler and install some stuffs. Its just that the legal way is via a mac,
Re: Iphone Development by logic101: 2:45pm On May 24, 2011
@fayi fair enough keep it up. @gsmexpert am in dublin think i know your face can we link up
Re: Iphone Development by Gsmxpert(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2011
@logic101

nice to hera u are in dublin, will send u a pm
Re: Iphone Development by Seun(m): 3:34am On Jun 01, 2011
Teach us, please. Let's let this thread become a resource.
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2011
Hahaha yes boss

Lesson 1:
Get your mac ready
InstaLl xcode
Gt as many resources as you can on Objective-c if you haven't developed before, else I would give you one

Good luck
Re: Iphone Development by kabiru10(m): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ gsmexpert, what is the website link to your apps in adroid website, are ur softwares free or for sale on adroid site, and how much does it cost .
Re: Iphone Development by candylips(m): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2011
you will need to install the Iphone SDK and join the Apple Developers network (costs about 99 dollars a year) before u can get your apps on the appstore
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
candylips:

you will need to install the Iphone SDK and join the Apple Developers network (costs about 99 dollars a year) before u can get your apps on the appstore

True but not necessarily. You can deploy your app on your website or something and make sure people leave feedback about the app. The better your app, the more chances you stand(for ur app to get on the app store).

I sent an application(built it with a friend) about 4 months ago and trust me. I haven't received a word. Why? because there are millions of people sending apps. Those screening these apps have limited time and blah blah blah, u knw d drill

So just get xcode and every other necessary tool you need. Keep practicing and deploying. When the time for the app store comes it would be obvious.

Good Luck
Re: Iphone Development by megaplaza(m): 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2011
@fayimora, can u please post update on how to set up IPHONE sdk development environment that wont cost money. Because, i got discouraged by that dev net , Fee. Same as BB app signing fee. So am into android. Still working on the android mini-payroll, just that i have some web project am doin now. But i have gone far with the android mini-payroll. Thanks for recommending it.
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 2:56am On Aug 20, 2011
Firstly you need a Mac. Then you would need XCode which you have to purchase but I can upload my raw installer(4gb) for u to download. Then you learn a bit of C, at least to pointers, and then you learn Objective-C in full. . When you are done with Objective-C, iOS/Mac development for you would just be like setting up GUI's in a language like Java.

Goodluck
Re: Iphone Development by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2011
Fayimora:

Firstly you need a Mac. Then you would need XCode which you have to purchase but I can upload my raw installer(4gb) for u to download. Then you learn a bit of C, at least to pointers, and then you learn Objective-C in full. . When you are done with Objective-C, iOS/Mac development for you would just be like setting up GUI's in a language like Java.

Goodluck
i call throw away all the xcode, do away with C/Objective C, save on buying a new Mac
Fireup my Adobe flash professional on Windows 7 and build IOS app using AS3
yes AS3.

though you'll still pay annually to get it to the app store.
Re: Iphone Development by Fayimora(m): 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2011
Yes but you must know that if you develop an app with Flash and it can easily be developed with Objective-c then you stand a chance of never getting your app into the store. You should read the full documentation before just deciding anything as apple is very sensitive. You should only use flash if you about to develop something that gonna PERFORM better on flash than OpenGL and Objective-C and trust me they, its hard to come across one!

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Learn Programming Without Computer School. / How To Shut Down Or Restart The Computer With A Batch File / Python Books To Start Learning Python Programming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.