Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 (3602 Views)

195-years-old Man Discovered In Nigeria : Set To Become The Oldest Living Person / Story Of The World’s Oldest Living Conjoined Twins Who Refuse To Be Separated / Even At 101, I’m Still Strong In Bed– Aduku, Nigeria’s Oldest Living War Veteran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by gidient(m): 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
A Seychelles giant tortoise named Jonathan has lived since the 1800s. At the age of 187 years old, he’s now the oldest animal in the world and he is even older than the lightbulb and the motorized car. A lot of people are surprised at his long life, as they never think that there is an animal which can reach to 187 years old.

This giant is living a dignified life on the island of St. Helena in the South Atlantic, where he was raised. According to Teeny Lucy, the chairperson for the local SPCA and one of his main caretakers “Jonathan is an icon here and is a grand old gentleman who has seen it all. He landed on St. Helena in 1882 as a fully grown adult; he has seen generations of people coming and going.”

Jonathan’s probably blind with old age, but that’s not about to slow him down and he still makes his way around very well. He often spends his days lounging in the sun, munching on grass and relaxing with his companions at the mansion. One of his best friends is David, an 80-year-old

A few years back, Jonathan was a bit unwell, the experts modified its diet which helped him get back into the shape and still going strong. “We started feeding Jonathan on a weekly basis a few years ago to supplement his grass diet and boost his nutrition,” she said. “This was because the island vet realized that his beak (that he scythes grass with) was soft and crumbly and that he was too cold and had lost weight. All that has reversed now and he is as fit as a fiddle!”

Lucy said that Jonathan is quite friendly and the friendly nature of the tortoise helps him to remain social with everyone. “Being the oldest land animal in the world, he has almost royal status here,” Lucy said.

“He is dignified and interacts in a friendly way as long as people move slowly around him. We are all very fond of him.”

https://www.gidient.com/behold-jonathan-the-worlds-oldest-living-animal/

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by SUCKCESSFUL: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
Tinubu Dem agemate

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by chiiraq802(m): 4:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
SUCKCESSFUL:
Tinubu Dem agemate

11 Likes

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by habsydiamond(m): 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ebora owu!!! No be small thing. Like play like play this thing senior my papa papa papa papa papa oooo.. Tortoise with long life are 5/6..the only tortoise that will die young are those in Nigeria... I don't need to say Wetin cause that one...

1 Like

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by thatkindthing: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
187? Shebi there was a tortoise in one Nigerian castle that was aged 320 years old

2 Likes

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Dproperties: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
Nice
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Ajilete028(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2021
Dat was alage at ogbomosho d world olders animal age 320years.Bt dead 2yeras agouote author=thatkindthing post=105551271]187? Shebi there was a tortoise in one Nigerian castle that was aged 320 years old [/quote]
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Born2winnx: 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
we need to study how they were able to live long, maybe create drugs variant from it.

man life's can be extended to 300years plus, who knows.

5 Likes

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by slyfox35(m): 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
Born2winnx:
we need to study how they were able to live long, maybe create drugs variant from it.

man life's can be extended to 300years plus, who knows.
Oga,wetin u wan dey do for life for 300 years..
What do you want them to create again,"create this,create that",na humans go finally take end this world..see covid 19 wey come out from lab,we Neva see head take comot for that one,you are shouting creation again

1 Like

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Born2winnx: 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2021
slyfox35:

Oga,wetin u wan dey do for life for 300 years..
What do you want them to create again,Na create this,create that na humans go finally take end this world..see covid 19 wey come out from lab,we Neva see head take comot for that one,you are shouting creation again
so as people de die at 60, some 70 and few 80....you like am?...

person like you supposed die at 50, shey you go like am?

our ancestors saw their great great grand children, but now days it's hard to even see your grand children.

bros get Sense.

death is human worst enemy.

1 Like

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Eddilove(m): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
grin grin
SUCKCESSFUL:
Tinubu Dem agemate

1 Like

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2021
SUCKCESSFUL:
Tinubu Dem agemate
Tinubu is older

1 Like

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by DoggoneDogg: 1:53am On Sep 07, 2021
This guy can tell us Tinubu's real age
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by NotFarFrom: 2:40am On Sep 07, 2021
Greenland sharks live over 585 years

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 07, 2021
Very ugly looking.
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by slyfox35(m): 7:28am On Sep 07, 2021
Born2winnx:

our ancestors saw their great great grand children, but now days it's hard to even see your grand children.

bros get Sense.

Mr sense...thank you,I nor insult u,but e be like you sabi insult well well,shey our ancestors saw their great grand children because they were busy messing with nature and doing all sort of experiments in the lab ni?
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by slyfox35(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Born2winnx:

bros get Sense.

And you even wished death on me?
Bros,that's too far na
which kind level be that?
I nor just wan insult you,shey u hear,I don't know u,u don't know me,but let me just keep you quiet,the obvious is clear

1 Like

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Born2winnx: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2021
slyfox35:

And you even wished death on me?
Bros,that's too far na
which kind level be that?
I nor just wan insult you,shey u hear,I don't know u,u don't know me,but let me just keep you quiet,the obvious is clear

Nor vex, I wish you no death bros,
Na just the way, you take attack me.

It was a question I asked, you won't die at 50, you live long..
Once again nor vex.
Do have a good day.
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Born2winnx: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2021
slyfox35:

Mr sense...thank you,I nor insult u,but e be like you sabi insult well well,shey our ancestors saw their great grand children because they were busy messing with nature and doing all sort of experiments in the lab ni?

Our ancestors saw their great grandchildren, because of foods they eat and climate weather at that time.

Now days things are changing.
We can't adapt no more.

That's why science is needed to cop out somethings.

We can't just relax, and say we should live by nature.

When nature has taken a different turn.
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by kokoA(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2021
SUCKCESSFUL:
Tinubu Dem agemate
grin grin You're not a good somebody atoll grin

1 Like

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Gadafii: 8:09am On Sep 07, 2021
This animal is more useful than one mannequin somewhere.
cheesy
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by AbarisFather(m): 9:04am On Sep 07, 2021
Tortoise with Long Life N Prosperity

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 07, 2021
I still don't understand why animals are given human names.I hate all these weird pets,I hate and fear dogs like crazy,the only domestic animals I like are goats,sheep and chickens.If you have cats and dogs in your house just know I won't ever visit or you just chain your dogs and cage your cats till I take my leave.
Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by TeamLeader(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
Birth certificate or adonbilivit

Re: Behold Jonathan – The World’s Oldest Living Animal, Aged 187 by thatkindthing: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Okay na
Ajilete028:
Dat was alage at ogbomosho d world olders animal age 320years.Bt dead 2yeras agouote author=thatkindthing post=105551271]187? Shebi there was a tortoise in one Nigerian castle that was aged 320 years old

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Great Amongst "westlife" Shane Or Mark? / Mercy Johnson Wins Best Actress Award With Dumebi 'the Dirty Girl' / Meet Nigerian Sexiest Female Blogger... CHIDINMA NAZE...www.nikkynaz..co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.