Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Good Things That Came With The Sit At Home In The East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good Things That Came With The Sit At Home In The East (306 Views)

Service Chiefs: The Package Came With All The 'isms' - Sowore / Angry Voters Descend On Bundles Of Cash A Vote Buyer Came With (Video/Pictures) / I Came With Buhari, You Cannot Reject Endorsing Me – Tinubu To Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Things That Came With The Sit At Home In The East by AlexBells(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
I like to be real, I must confess that the sit at home had been terrible on us but there are some good take homes to it.

The bad side to this sit at home is the usual vandalism by some yet to be identified person but beyond the clouds there are some good aspect to it which I would talk about bellow.

1. Less stress: The sit at home had brought less stress, for instance I washed my clothes on Monday knowing that activities will resume on Tuesday, most people are adjusting pretty quick.

2. Business is booming: What most people think is that the sit at home is harmful to business generally but another form of business is booming in the streets, these are relaxation business like bars, most people relax in these street joints drinking beer and pammy, possibly with other condiment.

3. Improved electricity: I don't know about other Igbo cities but on Monday these days there seem an improved electricity suply this makes logical sense as most heave industries closes since Saturday through Monday, less electricity is used then giving an extra for mondays.

4. The roads lasts longer: This is most likely not going to be felt or even noticed but it do really have impacts on infrastructure less use especially on mondays will improve longevity of infrastructure.

5. Faster emergency response: this might seem awkward but the truck burnt in Nsukka today had a considerably fast response by fire services, I guess once the sit at home is generally accepted and the arson may stop we might experience safer Monday.

6. People spend way less: A lot of people had talked about economic impact but nowadays people spend way less money, I used to spend at least 1K everyday but behold, I didn't spend a penny today becuase I didn't have to go anywhere.

These points are however not an endorsement for the sit at home it is just so that we make good out of a very terrible situation while it last, we are all together.

1 Like

Re: Good Things That Came With The Sit At Home In The East by Bola146(f): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
Why are you deceiving yourself? Pity the daily workers and farmers now

4 Likes

Re: Good Things That Came With The Sit At Home In The East by AlexBells(m): 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
Bola146:
Why are you deceiving yourself? Pity the daily workers and farmers now
I told you it terrible but not in its entirety, why are you telling me to pity them, do I look like Buhari, IPOB or the governors ?, these are the people you should chanel your pity plea to, I'm a victim here.

(1) (Reply)

Bullets Fired At Lekki Toll Gate Were From Nigerian Army – Forensic Expert / Inflation Drops To 17.01% / Breaking: Jega, Pat Utomi, Abdulfatai, Duke, Create New Political Party ‘RNP’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.