Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin (817 Views)

NDLEA Intercepts Letter With Heroin In Lagos (Photo) / NDLEA Arrests A Lagos Pastor With 1.978kg Of Heroin At Enugu Airport. / NDLEA Arrests Woman Who Inserted Heroin In Private Part, & Ingested Others (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin by otapiapia: 6:50pm On May 23, 2011
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, has arrested a mother of two with 2.3 kilogrammes of heroin concealed in hand bags, the agency said this morning.

The 38-year old suspect, Ms. Olanrewaju Risikat Abiola, was arrested at the weekend at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, South West Nigeria during the inward screening of Emirate airline passengers from Bombay.

Abiola, NDLEA said, sells Indian clothes at Lagoon market, Nnamdi Azikiwe Road, Lagos Island.

In her confessional statement, Risikat stated that she was only helping the owner of the bag to bring it into the country.

“I was only helping my fellow trader and did not know that the bag contained drugs. I used to buy my wares from Togo and Benin Republic. During my first trip to Indian in February 2011, I met this Nigerian woman who also imports goods from Indian. When I got to Bombay during my recent trip, she requested me to assist her by bringing some of her goods. She opened the bags for me to see because they are new bags. I never knew that heroin was industrially packaged in six of the bags. It is obvious that a fellow woman had played on my intelligence,” she said.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/05/16/mother-of-2-caught-with-heroin/
Re: Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin by AndreUweh(m): 7:06pm On May 23, 2011
This is too bad.
However, it should be in the crimes section.
Re: Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin by chino11(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2011
Yorubas doing what they do best. Yorubas are highly irresponsible people both their women and men. Yorubas bring alot of bad image to Nigeria. Doomed tribe
Re: Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin by AndreUweh(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2011
chino11:

Yorubas doing what they do best. Yorubas are highly irresponsible people both their women and men. Yorubas bring alot of bad image to Nigeria. Doomed tribe
Chino, you have a very good knowledge of Yorubaland, are you related to any of them, If I may ask?.
Re: Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin by Mynd44: 7:31pm On May 23, 2011
How many times will peopla be told not to carry other people's bags at the Airports. Now we don't know if she is lying or telling the truth.
Re: Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin by Seun(m): 7:33pm On May 23, 2011
The NDLEA officials probably don't care if she's actually guilty or innocent, or they would investigate.
Re: Mother Of 2 Caught With Heroin by HighChief4(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2011
A Mother of two? Its so obvious she is lying

(1) (Reply)

Youths Batter Robbery Suspect / EFCC Jails Undergraduate 20 Years For Internet Scam. / Politician Shoots Wife To Death In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.