Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 (443 Views)

Mathew Perry Is Dead, Drowns At 54 / Anike Agbaje-Williams: Nigeria's First Female TV Presenter Is 87 Today (Photos) / AGN Suspends Actor Jerry Williams Indefinitely Over Drugs Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 by okrote4real: 3:22am On Sep 07, 2021
Wendell Pierce just shared a touching tribute to his friend and former co-star, saying ... "The depth of my love for this brother, can only be matched by the depth of my pain learning of his loss."
Pierce calls Williams an "immensely talented man with the ability to give voice to the human condition portraying the lives of those whose humanity is seldom elevated until he sings their truth." He says Williams was "Always truthful, never inauthentic. The kindest of persons."

"The Wire" star -- who played Det. Bunk Moreland -- also reminisces about their time together on the show, and their famous park bench scene in which Pierce says they "aimed to take that moment in time together and say something about Black men."

Pierce concludes ... "So to you, my brother Mike, there is a small comfort that I know, you knew how much we loved you.
Michael K. Williams -- best known for his breakout role as Omar Little on "The Wire" -- is dead from a suspected drug overdose ... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement sources ... Williams was found dead in his Brooklyn apartment Monday after a relative hadn't heard from him in a couple days and went to check on him.

We're told the actor was found in the living room of his home, and drug paraphernalia was on a table nearby ... suggesting he may have died from an OD. NY Post first reported the death.

After years of minor roles on TV and movies, Williams became a household name as Omar -- the gritty, streetwise and homosexual criminal on HBO's "The Wire" ... earning him critical acclaim and adoration from fans.

Williams would go on to star in several other hit HBO series' -- like "Boardwalk Empire," "The Night Of" and more recently "Lovecraft Country" -- as well as movies like "12 Years a Slave" and "Assassin's Creed."

One of the actor's trademarks was his signature facial scar -- the result of a bar fight he got involved in on his 25th birthday that almost killed him. According to Williams ... the scar helped to launch his acting career, leading to calls to do music videos and some minor work playing a thug in TV shows.

Williams was a 5-time Emmy nominee, and when we last saw him we had a good convo about his nom for 'Lovecraft.'

He is survived by his son, Elijah.

Williams was 54.

RIP

Source: TMZ.com
https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/06/michael-k-williams-dead-at-54/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 by EmptyGarden(m): 3:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Majority of the deaths in Hollywood are drug related. Hard or prescription drugs OD.
Re: Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 by Seniorwriter(m): 4:17am On Sep 07, 2021
Life is transient!

RIP Williams.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 by Goldbw122(m): 5:37am On Sep 07, 2021
This life is so not balance, it is only God that will save us. I swear, I really enjoy this actor movies, the way he speaks and talk, he will be greatly missed.
Re: Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 by ValCon888: 5:58am On Sep 07, 2021
A gangsta in movies and a gangsta in real life.
Rest on gangsta.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 by TheEnygma(m): 8:58am On Sep 07, 2021
I remember him on Assassins Creed.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: 'The Wire' Star Michael K. Williams Dead at 54 by Commentor: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2021
I'm pissed.

The guy is a legend.

He was outstanding in "The Wire" but for me I loved his role in "When They See Us".

He would be missed.

Rest in peace bro.

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Native Doctor Predicts White Money's Fate In Bbnaija House / Who Can Remember This Guy From Nigeria Got Talent? / Rise Full Movie Stream/download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.