Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,734 members, 7,955,787 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:08 PM

My Dilemma With Battery Capacity Tester - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Dilemma With Battery Capacity Tester (252 Views)

1.5 Kva Inverter For Sale With Battery / Back In Stock...portable Inverter With Battery / 3G Huawei Wireless Pocket WIFI. Comes With Battery That Lasts For Hours 7k5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Dilemma With Battery Capacity Tester by engreddy(m): 5:47am On Sep 07, 2021
For more than 2 years now, I have been working blind in my 18650 battery power wall project. God knows I needed a battery capacity tester. So when I had a little money, I ordered for this as. I just wish I should have gone for Lii500, but I order for this as it could serve many purposes.

So after receiving the product, I tested it. The first I noticed about it was its inaccuracy in voltage readings. The manual said its 0.05v off, but at time, it was more than that. Then the real capacity test were bad.

In my years of building battery banks, I wouldn't say it's actual capacity but I could guess. So when I see readings being about 2 times lower than what I guess it should be, then it really disturb me.

The video reviews I saw on YouTube acknowledges that you may end up getting a bad product. One reviewer suggested getting about 3 or 4 (since they are cheaper compared to other capacity testers) so that if you one is bad, you throw it away. But here is the catch, I don't have the luxury of throwing away 40usd,waybill inclusive (about 20k) in this hard economy.

I have videos of the capacity test. Maybe I'll upload them to my YouTube channel and share the link.

The product is in dispute at the moment. I needed to return it and get full refund from the seller. But here is the real challenge, it seems the cost of sending it back is way higher than the cost I paid for the product waybill inclusive.

So I'm confused. What do you my tech guys think? Have you had similar experiences? How did you go about it? I wish this product was good, I wouldn't want to return it, but I cannot rely on it.

Re: My Dilemma With Battery Capacity Tester by engreddy(m): 5:52am On Sep 07, 2021
Picture is of the product

Re: My Dilemma With Battery Capacity Tester by engreddy(m): 9:28am On Sep 11, 2021
Update:

So I had an agreement with the seller. I offered to keep the product while he returns $10 to me and he accepted. While not the outcome I wanted, at least I didn't lose all. To return the product would have cost me more than 20k naira.

Maybe I'll be able to have a fix for it in the future or recalibrate it. I don't know for now. Maybe it will be useful in some other way, the future will tell. But anyway, I'll just leave it at that.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Xs Max 64 GB For Sale.... Sold Sold / Quickbooks Error Code 80029c4a / Dell XPS L702X With 1gb Dedicated Memory For Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.