Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho (27158 Views)

Ayiri Emami Kneels Before Olu Of Warri (Photos) / Ayiri Emami Offers Coke, Fanta, Sardines And Bread To River Goddess -photo / I Remain Ologbotsere - Ayiri Emami Dares Ruling House (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by bluebay(m): 9:01am On Sep 07, 2021
joyairemiya:
Even if Ayiri wins in court, can the Olu of Warri be removed?
Nope . He’s already ordained.

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by KingOdart(m): 9:02am On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

I agree with the part in bold. I am not very knowledgeable about Itshekiri tradition but in most Yoruba communities, once a traditional title is conferred on an individual, it’s usually till death.

You are wrong

Even a King can be dethrone in Yoruba land if he used his power and authority dishonourably not to even talk of a chief

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by ppogba: 9:02am On Sep 07, 2021
Ranting of a drowning man.

He should dare attend the council of chiefs meeting if dem born am well.

The earlier ayiri realised that the king has both authority and power with him now, the better for him.

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by Kajaard: 9:02am On Sep 07, 2021
hedonido:
This guy above me accused Ayiri of attempting to kill the gods with diabetes? Hahaha, my belle o.

Lol cheesy grin cheesy, you didn't see where he was giving the river god's trailer loads of coke, Fanta, sprite,biscuits, sweets and other junk foods? grin

He wants the gods to become morbidly obese cheesy

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by izubext007: 9:03am On Sep 07, 2021
Marine spirit people.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by wallstreetnews: 9:03am On Sep 07, 2021
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by adenigga(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

I agree with the part in bold. I am not very knowledgeable about Itshekiri tradition but in most Yoruba communities, once a traditional title is conferred on an individual, it’s usually till death.

I beg to differ!

Former Deji of Akure that beat his wife in the public was dethroned & banished from Akure Land. He's still alive, get it right gone are the days....

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by dragnet001: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2021
You mean Olu of Itsekiri

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by ppogba: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Immediately Ibori, Tinubu and Okowa congratulated the new Olu, I know Ayiri has lost

The moment Obasanjo visited him, you should know it is over especially after okowa' visit as you mentioned.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by slowice(m): 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
hedonido:
This guy above me accused Ayiri of attempting to kill the gods with diabetes? Hahaha, my belle o.

And he is correct.... The gods will be obese too eating pizza bread a d shawarma with Fanta daily, e wan kill am? I now see why the olu isn't happy with him. Me sef dey vex give am.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by offiahvictor(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2021
Men fighting over nothing. Vanity is vanity if you doubt me ask the previous kings.

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by emmadothings(m): 9:11am On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

It is a family title so it is not binding to itsekiri and the entire Iwere(warri) kingdom..he can be the ologbosere of his family ( Emami) till he dies it doesn't concern warri

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 9:12am On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

Keep quiet Jare, is it like the retired corrupt police officer Tinubu handpicked in Lagos as Oba of Lagos.
Even in the olden days, the Aalafin of Oyo is deposed and sent on an exile after being presented with an empty calabash or parrot's egg by the Oyo mesi through the Bashorun.

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by emmadothings(m): 9:13am On Sep 07, 2021
joyairemiya:
Even if Ayiri wins in court, can the Olu of Warri be removed?
As the idiot ayiri
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 07, 2021
Coping mode.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by emmadothings(m): 9:16am On Sep 07, 2021
dragnet001:
You mean Olu of Itsekiri
First wailer of the trend
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:17am On Sep 07, 2021
hisexcellency34:
But the new king reserves the right to appoint an Ologbotsere he is comfortable to work with, right?

It's not PDP-APC runnings o.

It's a traditional institution.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by unitysheart(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2021
Gbajure:

Not true
It can be withdrawn. Even a Kabiyesi can be deposed and the obaship stripped not to talk of a chief

You dey put mouth for wetin you no know.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by unitysheart(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

You are right. Kabiyesi can be deposed and chiefs can be stripped of their titles for misconduct.

Methinks his family appointed him and only ratified by the King.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by davidflames(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2021
Exactly what one emir once thought! ��
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by sonofElElyon: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

If the person conducts himself in a manner unbefitting of a holder of such title to the embarrassment of the town then that constitutes sufficient grounds for removal by the Oba.
I'm talking about Yoruba land

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by babtoundey(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2021
fredoooooo:

Oga , speak for the part of yoruba you know ..
Don't generalise abeg ....

I can't even relate with the part of Yoruba he hinted at. Even kingship position in Yorubaland is not absolute but a constitutional monarch. If the king does anyhow, the common man can demand his removal or order that his head be brought off his shoulder (and the Ogboni together with the Chief in Council will have no option than to make the king do the needful).

That traditional position span till death doesn't mean the cannot be checked or removed when need arises.

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by richmote: 9:35am On Sep 07, 2021
dragnet001:
You mean Olu of Itsekiri
Yeah olu of ishekiris

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by MightySparrow: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2021
The young king should not start his reign with fight. He should settle differences with the aggrieved. Though, some may have not approved his candidacy, now he is the king. What else does he want?

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by manlawal(m): 9:45am On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

don't say what you don't know a chief can be removed in Yoruba land even a king , deji of Akure was once removed. There titles that's are changed once new king is enthroned also. And for your information there has been 21 olu of warri and only 4 ologbotshere what does that teach you.

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by LordNonso(m): 9:46am On Sep 07, 2021
seunmsg:

The title was given by the king and so can be withdrawn by him, if he is deemed to have fallen short at some point.

The Olu reserves the right. The Ologbotsere is not bigger than the Olu, is he?

Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by WrathOfHadez(m): 9:47am On Sep 07, 2021
I don't think it was the title that the king ratified. Rather it is his position as Prime minister of warri kingdom.

Ayeri is a tout though.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by sylve11: 9:49am On Sep 07, 2021
xpressionx:
pride goes before a fall.
If truly he refused honouring the king and he instead wanted killing the gods with diabetes,instead of the usual goats and rams,even the gods will abandon him.

una nor go faint person with laugh. grin grin grin cool
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by WrathOfHadez(m): 9:49am On Sep 07, 2021
hisexcellency34:
In Warri, the Olu is the Supreme ruler. He can depose a chief and even banish such a chief from entering Itsekiri Nation for life

yes he can depose a chief but he can't banish anyone again. You're in the 21st century now. He doesn't have absolute powers anymore.
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by Lorgat46: 9:52am On Sep 07, 2021
But ologbosere is a title in Yoruba land nah
Re: Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho by emperor863(m): 9:53am On Sep 07, 2021
hisexcellency34:
But the new king reserves the right to appoint an Ologbotsere he is comfortable to work with, right?

No, not in Yoruba land. Once a family nominates a title holder, he occupies the position for life.

So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? / Edo Government Retracts Statement On Oba's Appointment / Why Don't The People Of Onelga In Rivers State Sell Land to Igbos?