Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 (3588 Views)

Top 10 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP [latest] / 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues / 10 Richest States In Nigeria In 2019 (by IGR) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by winningwinner(m): 7:37am On Sep 07, 2021
There are states in Nigeria that are blessed with huge land mass, others are blessed with bloated population, while many more are blessed with human industry. As a result, states in Nigeria are created according to the fact above and revenue allocations are shared to these states according to the same facts above. But in reality, among all these blessed states, which one is the richest state in Nigeria today?

Let us take a look at the list of all the top most wealthy states in Nigeria as of this year, 2021.

Do not forget that Nigeria has a number of well developed states in the country, but in this article we have listed down Nigeria’s richest states with respect to their GDP.

In Nigeria today, Lagos State is currently the richest Nigerian State, the state has been leading as the wealthiest state in Nigeria for years now.

In a list format, out of all the 36 states and capitals in Nigeria, these are the top richest Nigerian states this year.

With a population of over 200 million citizens in Nigeria, the country is one of the most populated and also among the largest countries in Africa.

With that being said, below is the list of the top 20 Nigeria’s Richest States with respect to their current GDP in U.S Dollars.

Richest States In Nigeria:

1. Lagos – GDP: $33 billion
2. Rivers – GDP: $21.15 billion
3. Delta – GDP: $16.75 billion
4. Oyo – GDP: $16.12 billion
5. Imo – GDP: 14.77 billion
6. Kano – GDP: $12.39 billion
7. Edo – GDP: $11.89 billion
8. Akwa Ibom – GDP: $11.09 billion
9. Ogun – GDP: $11 billion
10. Kaduna – GDP: $10.33 billion
11. Cross River – GDP: $9.29 billion
12. Abia – GDP: $8.68 billion
13. Ondo – GDP: $8.41 billion
14. Osun – GDP: $7.28 billio
15. Benue – GDP: $6.86 billion
16. Anambra – GDP: $6.76 billion
17. Katsina – GDP: $6.08 billion
18. Niger – GDP: $6 billion
19. Borno – GDP: $5.18
20. Plateau – GDP $5.20 billion

These are the top twenty Nigeria’s wealthiest states in the African country.

2 Likes

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Omoluabi1stborn: 7:42am On Sep 07, 2021
Lol.

Wrong.stats, Osun, Benue, Edo can't have a higher GDP than Anambra.
Even cross river

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Norwichsailor(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2021
These are old stats from Wikipedia. Very old

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 07, 2021
Old asf
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Ballmer: 8:07am On Sep 07, 2021
And where is the data to back up such claim or you think we are lunatics like members of your household that believes some foolishness out of tribal sentiment when no data back such claims.

Omoluabi1stborn:
Lol.

Wrong.stats, Osun, Benue, Edo can't have a higher GDP than Anambra.
Even cross river

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by richmond500: 8:08am On Sep 07, 2021
Minus the debt of these states and I'll be richer than some states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Odua1stson: 8:10am On Sep 07, 2021
Some people go wail today, those bastards will soon come to tell us how their potopoto ravaged region is more better and how their cursed region is more developed than others
I now call on you ndi-wailers to come start your wailing

3 Likes

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Ballmer: 8:11am On Sep 07, 2021
Shut your foolish mouth. Debt or not debt they have record showing what they generate more revenue unlike a foolish state n people that rather we assume it generate more IGR off air while devilish politician refuse to disclose true IGR so they can continue to fleece your destiny and that of your unborn generation.

richmond500:

1 Like

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by richmond500: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2021
Ballmer:
Shut your foolish mouth. Debt or not debt they have record showing what they generate unlike a foolish state n people that rather we assume it generate more IGR off air while the devil ish politician fleece your state.

fleece my state?
Lolz, why e deh pain u? Pls I am not the cause of ur misfortune

1 Like

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Ballmer: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
fleece my state?
Lolz, why e deh pain u? Pls I am not the cause of ur misfortune

The misfortune that as plagued your household from time memorial no wonder your state can not even make top 20 in IGR index. Fool, pls wail I'm your misery this morning I get work I wan do.

1 Like

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by richmond500: 8:16am On Sep 07, 2021
Ballmer:

The misfortune that as plagued your household from time memorial no wonder your state can not even make top 20 in IGR index. Fool, pls wail I'm your misery this morning I get work I wan do.
let's compare ur state to mine.

I am from Rivers state, what state are u from let's compare that ur erosion red potopoto state to mine

1 Like

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Ballmer: 8:16am On Sep 07, 2021
You them minus state claiming imaginary IGR to see + or - your father's state is still at the bottom of the ladder upon your chest beating.

richmond500:

State worth $6b while debt is $12b, is that one a state?
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Ballmer: 8:16am On Sep 07, 2021
Lagos state let's hear what your father as to say now.

richmond500:
let's compare ur state to mine.

I am from Rivers state, what state are u from let's compare that ur erosion red potopoto state to mine

1 Like

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by richmond500: 8:19am On Sep 07, 2021
Ballmer:
Lagos state let's hear what your father as to say now.

sharap.

Aba piglet

2 Likes

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by joyandfaith: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2021
winningwinner:
There are states in Nigeria that are blessed with huge land mass, others are blessed with bloated population, while many more are blessed with human industry. As a result, states in Nigeria are created according to the fact above and revenue allocations are shared to these states according to the same facts above. But in reality, among all these blessed states, which one is the richest state in Nigeria today?

Let us take a look at the list of all the top most wealthy states in Nigeria as of this year, 2021.

Do not forget that Nigeria has a number of well developed states in the country, but in this article we have listed down Nigeria’s richest states with respect to their GDP.

In Nigeria today, Lagos State is currently the richest Nigerian State, the state has been leading as the wealthiest state in Nigeria for years now.

In a list format, out of all the 36 states and capitals in Nigeria, these are the top richest Nigerian states this year.

With a population of over 200 million citizens in Nigeria, the country is one of the most populated and also among the largest countries in Africa.

With that being said, below is the list of the top 20 Nigeria’s Richest States with respect to their current GDP in U.S Dollars.

Yoruba nation has alot of potential. It is only ekiti that is lagging bdhind but i hope GDP per capita in Ekiti is good.
I am not suprised about Anambra. Drug money can never be part of statistics.
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by theInterpreter: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2021
joyandfaith:

Yoruba nation has alot of potential. It is only ekiti that is lagging bdhind but i hope GDP per capita in Ekiti is good.
they are coming for you grin
Solsix:
Anyone who believes this can believe anything. I will rather believe that my grandmother is still a virgin that believe this oluwole stat
yes your grandmother is a virgin

She adopted all her children cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by oyatz(m): 8:55am On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:

You don't understand the ratings. It's not talking about Budget and Account balances of the Governments of each State.
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by theInterpreter: 8:56am On Sep 07, 2021
joyandfaith:

Ekiti is really small
They will catch up
They have the highest professors per capita

2 Likes

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Abohboy: 8:57am On Sep 07, 2021
winningwinner:

The GDP Of Lagos is 136 billion dollars actually and I expected Anambra to be in the place of Imo tbh
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Tomek09(m): 9:00am On Sep 07, 2021
Odua1stson:
Some people go wail today, those bastards will soon come to tell us how their potopoto ravaged region is more better and how their cursed region is more developed than others
I now call on you ndi-wailers to come start your wailing
With brown roof that full everywhere in SouthWest? Mtcheeeeew
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by philo04(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2021
Am not surprised...the usual state
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by joyandfaith: 9:08am On Sep 07, 2021
theInterpreter:
Ekiti is really small
They will catch up
They have the highest professors per capita

I agree.i am imoressed with oyo state statistics so far.
That is my state.
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by joyandfaith: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2021
theInterpreter:
they are coming for you grin

Ipob?
I discuss with reasonable people not myopic one.
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by theInterpreter: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2021
joyandfaith:

I agree.i am imoressed with oyo state statistics so far.
That is my state.
I thought you were Igbo undecided
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Solsix(m): 9:22am On Sep 07, 2021
Anyone who believes this can believe anything. I will rather believe that my grandmother is still a virgin that believe this oluwole stat
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by theInterpreter: 9:22am On Sep 07, 2021
Tomek09:

With brown roof that full everywhere in SouthWest? Mtcheeeeew
what is a brown roof?

Rusted zinc sheets
There are brown roofs everywhere

Don't cry
Eboeland is no match for Yorubaland

As I speak to you thousands of eboe are rushing here grin

E pain am

3 Likes

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by joyandfaith: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2021
theInterpreter:
Alawada babasala
May because i stopped liking Tinubu style since Fashola second term saga.
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by theInterpreter: 9:24am On Sep 07, 2021
joyandfaith:

Alawada babasala
May because i stopped liking Tinubu style since Fashola second term saga.
hmm undecided
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Pauldollars(m): 9:50am On Sep 07, 2021
Very Old statistics of the 1990s.
Only Lagos and Rivers are still correct.
The rest have changed drastically.
How can Benue State be richer than Anamabra state.
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by NkanAkpanika: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2021
This is a very old stats , since 2007 haba .. OP get shame na
Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by NkanAkpanika: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2021
Pauldollars:
Very Old statistics of the 1990s.
Only Lagos and Rivers are still correct.
The rest have changed drastically.
How can Benue State be richer than Anamabra state.
Akwa ibom replaced Rivers in the latest 2018 own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Top 20 Richest States In Nigeria And Their GDP 2021 by Conrod: 11:51am On Sep 07, 2021
theInterpreter:
Your hatred for igbos is legendary yet they (igbos) continue to buy and push your people into landless landlords,i even heard that akiolu's house in iga idugaran (lagos island ) is up for sale.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawan: National Assembly’ll Pass 2022 Budget Before End Of 2021 / Tinubu meme thread: Add your meme or write one of Tinubu famous quotes / Breaking New: LP Doing Magnificient In Taraba State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.