Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List (41000 Views)

Army Arrests Ikonso’s Second-In-Command During IPOB, ESN Raid In Abia / Construction Of NNS Karaduwa (P102): Nigeria's Second Indigenously Built Gunboat / Ikere George Dam: The State Of The Abandoned Nigeria Second Largest Dam (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Rastaramsey(m): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Nice one
Very soon we go enter first position

So long as niggas keep taking mushin weed and bombing steadily
They sky is our limit

Naso my brother
In scam we trust ��
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Bngf: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
Oh
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Ogynz(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
ruggedtimi:
this list dey wrong ...I am sure those Philippines na Nigerians wey dey Philippine dey use their picture work. Omo Nigeria na no1 for romance scam. Although you will find Philippines in every single dating app on earth. Fear those people when it comes to dating app
Yo! you got it!
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by koyyess: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
They have been scamming their African women till their women started outmarting them except for some fish heads.

Oyibo have inventions to prove they are men, negroes will show you their deflated d1cks as their achievements. cheesy

African negroe go dey profess love to oyibo man with woman picture...dey call am sweet names. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

F00ls.
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by akdjr(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
That means our Nigerian men are romantic
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by egopersonified(f): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Sooooo who else is thinking Ghana figures should be added to Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Litmus: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
Techguy96:

Because I'm a Nigerian n I hate Nigeria for a legit reason.
If we had good road and electricity and jobs and security, I wouldn't hate Nigeria at all, I will be patriotic.

The comment you made gives the impression that you’re either very young and innocent or you’re a vacuous and trite adult.
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by OutisComputers7: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
Techguy96:

You obviously do, there's no correlation between this thread and US but u somehow had to make that comment.
It shows u are pained about something, maybe u hate America or u are pain Biden won.
There's no way u will make just comment out of the blue.
I love America and I love their women even more for making me super Rich
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by chiefLopes(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
Prosperous111:
So NAIJA still dey learn for Philippines side shocked

In the next five years Nigeria go top the list

Five years too plenty oh.
Those guys bad gan
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Godispeace: 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
lolzzzz grin grin grin saw dust full ur brain. Go and ask all the Obi's in ya father and ancestor villages even the governors of ya cursed, impoverish SE /yam leg region , they will tell u Lagos (ILU EKO) belong to the oduduwa descendants --the Yorubas werey, eleribu shocked shocked shocked shocked
helinuesIsaMumu:

skull miner, Lagos is a no man's land.
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by helinuesIsaMumu: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
Godispeace:
lolzzzz grin grin grin saw dust full ur brain. Go and ask all the Obi's in ya father and ancestor villages even the governors of ya cursed, impoverish SE /yam leg region , they will tell u Lagos (ILU EKO) belong to the oduduwa descendants --the Yorubas werey, eleribu shocked shocked shocked shocked

I am not here to argue with u. After ranting, u go back to ur space at under the bridge where u reside.
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by arthurwillia(m): 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Prosperous111:

You no sabi anything
See amount loss per victim
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Blaine756(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Prosperous111:

Check the amount of money both lost, you will know say Philippines dey learn for Nigeria side. Even def no b Nigeria full Filipino
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by arthurwillia(m): 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
helinuesIsaMumu:

skull miner, Lagos is a no man's land.

Lol Lagos is a no mans land, your papa na indigene of Lagos abi
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by namo77: 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
Sai baba!
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by namo77: 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Blaine756:

Check the amount of money both lost, you will know say Philippines dey learn for Nigeria side. Even def no b Nigeria full Filipino

Naija guys full Philippines
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Techguy96(m): 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Litmus:

The comment you made gives the impression that you’re either very young and innocent or you’re a vacuous and trite adult.
Na u sabi
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Techguy96(m): 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
Litmus:

So only young persons or vacuous and trite adult hate Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Frenzy01(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
I actually find this funny cheesy cheesy

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any foreign dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by tellmemore15: 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
Even for those other countries,na Nigerians dey do am
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by DavidHarry(m): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nigeria is number 1, Ghana is where they overflow
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by sencekompis: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nigerians top in 6 countries. money mongers
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Rexymania(m): 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Don't be surprised say those countries wey dem dey name, na Nigerians go there go dey use their server
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by twosquare(m): 8:08am On Sep 08, 2021
See how people are disgracing themselves on this forum. So, anything white skin or yellow skin can't do wrong...saying they're sure na Nigerians wey dey that country dey commit the crime.

Maybe because you've not dealt with a Phillipino before. Their bad is as bad as anything. Talking from experience. Phillipines is not Singapore.

*Nigeria is still learning even among other countries. How many hackers you get (not only romance scam)?
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by MrGerald(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2021
Prosperous111:

Actually in terms of scam victims The Philippines suffered most because of their natural soft heart, mostly in the hands of Nigerians in Malaysia and home, at a point they started with the idea they failed victim for, being a poor country their scamming style is mostly begging with their real profile, except few Nigerians and foreigners that based there
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Hassanmaye(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2021
Kingosytex:
Guys n'achu mgbada ka ndi nta.
E don be�

Slawomiir and his boys are gradually topping the chart.
Hahahhahahaha he will come for you.
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Litmus: 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
Techguy96:

So only young persons or vacuous and trite adult hate Nigeria?

yes

Especially for silly things like poor roads and electricity supply
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Techguy96(m): 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
Litmus:

yes

Especially for silly things like poor roads and electricity supply
Ok o, keep loving ur darling nation.
Since asking of basic infrastructure is silly.
Re: Nigeria Second In The World in Romance Scams, Third on Money List by Litmus: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Techguy96:

Ok o, keep loving ur darling nation.
Since asking of basic infrastructure is silly.

We all want fantastic infrastructure or one that works but you, your parents, the land, our heritages, men like this below are more important than roads and ecetricty. Infrastructure we can build in time we will build when we are ready.

I was once insulted for rejecting N3m bribe’ …Rtd DPO recounts the good, the bad and the ugly

…Sometimes civilians mount pressure on policemen to accept bribe

By Emmanuel Iheaka

He is a sexagenarian who just survived a major heart surgery.
But he wouldn’t mind standing for hours for talks, as long as they border on morals and reliving his experience in service.
The ease and passion with which he did it, leaves one with a conviction that he is gifted with oratory and full of experience.
After traversing the length and breath of the country in service to his fatherland; Rtd DSP Chukwuma Okore has seen the good, the bad and the ugly.

In all, he holds his head high as one who never compromised on integrity. Saturday Vanguard engaged the erstwhile Divisional Police Officer (DPO) on his experience while in service and life after service.

Journey into Nigeria Police Force.Having lost his father to the Nigeria/Biafra war at the tender age of 12, Okore, the first in a family of nine, saw early the battle that laid ahead. He was therefore, determined to succeed. He began assisting his mother and doing menial jobs to ensure the family kept moving.
When the opportunity to join the police presented, he took a grip on it, for it was about the biggest to come then.
“I lost my father at the age of 12. He was killed during the Nigeria/Biafra war. When my father died, we knew we needed to put in more efforts to pull through. And as the first son of the family, much of the responsibility rested on me.“So, I started early to fight the battle of life.

After secondary school, an opportunity to join the police came and I had to join. As one who was aware of the enormous responsibility, I was very committed to the service, as I grew through the ranks”.

The counsel from his mother and the consciousness of his background kept him going in service. Okore said two things that determine one’s growth in the force are hard work and discipline.

Except you have a godfather, otherwise, you must be hardworking and disciplined in the police in order to grow. Right from the college, I took everything seriously and read through all the courses because I knew I had nobody to fight for me except God. And of course, I did well in all the courses”.

Almost dismissed while in service
Professing his firm belief that God rules in the affairs of men, the ex-cop who exuded courage amidst oratory, narrated an ordeal he described as the biggest challenge of his career.
He came on the verge of being dismissed as a consequence of the escape of a robbery suspect who was to make a statement under his custody and an inspector. A suspect had been arrested and while Okore was to take his statement, he escaped from custody.

This, of course, attracted a query as they were mandated to produce the suspect or face dismissal. As expected, he became devastated.“I was working under an inspector and a robbery suspect was arrested and brought to our office to make a statement.
The inspector was not on the desk and I needed an extra statement sheet; so, I left the suspect with three other sergeants who were sitting in our office, to go look for the inspector.
When I returned, I neither saw the suspect, nor the three sergeants. When I asked the sergeants, they said they didn’t remember a suspect was in the office while leaving.

That incident was the most traumatizing experience I had while in service. I was completely devastated. I became emaciated within three days. Everyone had pity for me.

Some came with the suggestion of leading me to a native doctor who could help give hint about the hide out of the suspect, but that was against my faith. “But God came through for us.

The inspector and myself traced the suspect to his village in Abia State and rearrested him. That saved us”.
Foreign mission The Operational Officer of the Nigerian contingent of the United Nations Peace Keeping Mission in Sudan, Okore recounted how exciting it was seeing the much respect accorded to Nigerian officers in foreign land.

According to him, Nigerian cops were highly regarded outside the shores of the country.“I was in Sudan for mission, we enjoyed much regard from foreigners. They respected us so much.

The experience was very exciting and something I will always relive.“I was still in Sudan when information came that I had been appointed a DPO. The camp erupted in joy and we celebrated it there”, he enthused.
Appointment as DPO

As one who had no godfather in the service, Okore maintained that his appointment as DPO was a cheering one, and by dint of hardwork. Having garnered much experience, fitting into such position was a smooth sail for him.
He had served at Ihitte Uboma, Egbema and Nwangele divisions, all in Imo State. But for him, Nwangele was the centre of it all. He had employed his ingenuity towards settling a dispute over a royal stool that had torn communities in Nwangele apart for decades.

Reason, the people invested much love on Okore and never wanted him to leave.“When I arrived Nwangele, there was a dispute in communities over the issue of eze that had lasted for decades. I saw it as a challenge. So, I had to convene meeting of stakeholders in the areas to sue for peace, because I needed such peace to operate successfully. That was why the people loved me so much and never wanted me to leave. We were still trying to resolve the matter when I was transferred”.

Allure of N3 million
As a DPO, the integrity of Okore came to test. But according to him, nothing would have made him lower the bar of morality. While investigating a case, Okore submitted that somebody he did not know contacted him for a bribe of N3 million to pervert course of investigation, in a matter he later discovered was a pure conspiracy against the innocent.
This, he said he vehemently rejected, but not without a dose of insult.“Somebody I didn’t know contacted me for a bribe of N3 million to go against somebody I later discovered was innocent. I rejected the money and insisted on doing the right thing.

When he realized I wasn’t ready to compromise, he became disappointed and tried to mock me for saying no. He said I would be a poor man if I continued in that manner. But my conscience was always free for standing on the side of truth. Some times, civilians mount pressure on police men to accept bribe.

You would be amazed the extent they can go sometimes”.
Life after service Though Okore does not have all the money, he prides as a police officer who never compromised. He is also still holding on to God, as he told our correspondent that the seed of fear of God planted in him as a child is what has kept him moving.

In 2017, he had a serious health challenge and ended up going for heart surgery. This, he survived, and is very grateful to God.“I may not have all the money, but I can always be bold to say I never compromised while in service. In 2017, I had a serious health issue, I went for heart surgery and God saved me, and of course, I’m very grateful for that”.

O

n the current security situation in the country, he believes that government should look inwards towards finding a solution, expressing optimism that God will see the country through.
Regret
One thing he regrets was not retiring while serving as DPO in Nwangele. He believes the people would have done much for him.“With the much love Nwangele people had for me, if I had retired while still serving there, I know they would have done much for me, but unfortunately, I was transferred out few months to retirement”, he regretted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi, Minister Of Transport Arrives Port-Harcourt - Photos / Photos From Colonel Emmanuel Nwobosi Burial / No Governor Can Take Credit For Wining Ebola War – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.