Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland (5253 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:11am On Nov 21, 2021
It's all in the pudding, as they say.

November 21, 2021

"Taste and see how good the Lord is." What joy awaits the one who seeks refuge in Him!" 34:8 (Psalm)

"The proof is in the pudding," as the saying goes. The origin of that proverb can be traced all the way back to the early 1600s. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating," which originally meant that you had to taste the pudding to see if it was excellent or not. The term has been shortened through time, but the meaning remains the same.

I'd like to believe that this phrase was coined much earlier. "Taste and see that the Lord is excellent..." says Psalm 34:8. "Make trial of it by our own experience," the psalmist suggests. That is, when we have a relapse.Those who love Him and surrender to Him can experience His goodness, grace, mercy, benevolence, and providence—every part of God that is supremely good and true.

It's normal to wonder, "Can I really have a relationship with this Person, this God?" during the Easter season, when Christians celebrate Jesus' resurrection from the dead. "And, more importantly, what does this signify for my life?" Is it going to make a difference? Will I live and feel differently as a result of this?" To which we must respond, "the proof is in the pudding!" "Taste and see that the Lord is good," as the Bible says. From the outside, a connection with Jesus cannot be defined, articulated, or measured. When we give our life to Christ, we will be transformed.The account of the resurrection is both true and wonderful. As a punishment for sin, God took on the form of a man, lived a faultless life, and died a horrific death. It is our sin, not His, that has brought us to this point. However, by rising from the grave, He not only paid the penalty for our sin, but also provided the way for us to live forever. We become a part of this great story by surrendering our lives to Jesus, confessing our sins to Him, and committing to live for Him. Today, we become living proof of what Jesus accomplished 2,000 years ago by dying on a cross and rising from the grave.

Prayer: Thank You, God, for sending Jesus to not only die for my sins, but also to rise from the grave so that I, too, could experience eternal life.

Topic Salvation

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:03am On Nov 22, 2021
What You Believe Is Your Choice

November 22, 2021

"But Christ, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep, has been risen from the dead." 15:20, 1 Corinthians

On Easter, we commemorate Jesus' resurrection from the dead, which occurred 2,000 years ago. There are truths about Jesus' death that we know to be true from both Christian and non-Christian historical texts. There was a genuine guy named Jesus who came from Nazareth. He lived, died, and was buried in a tomb after being caught and crucified. The Gospels, Josephus, Pliny the Younger, and the Jewish Talmud are only a few of the books that back up these uncontested truths.

Did He, however, rise from the dead? Did He allegedly feigned it. Doubtful, given that the Roman crucifixion was well-known and had a definitive outcome. Maybe he's a twin brother? No, that myth is not supported by historical data. Was His body kidnapped? The grave was guarded by Romans. Or is it possible that the whole affair is really a legend? However, there is an issue with many historical writings that provide evidence not only of Jesus historically, but also of His followers and the accurate and consistent recounting of the resurrection event within a few years of its occurrence.

No other religion makes such claims about God as Christianity does: that He became a man, lived a sinless life, died for everyone's sins, and rose from the grave. It is the core truth of the entire Bible."In reality, Christ has been risen from the grave," the Apostle Paul, who was early Christianity's archenemy until he was dramatically redeemed by Jesus, truly believed (1 Corinthians 15:20).

Our hope is based on the idea that Jesus rose from the grave, ascended into heaven, lives in our hearts even now, and has prepared a place for us after this life is done, thousands of years later. There are facts to back up this belief, yet we can't witness the crucifixion and resurrection for ourselves. The Christian faith is founded on the belief that Jesus was and is Who He claims to be, and that He performed what He claimed to do. Easter is a commemoration of a seemingly improbable victory.Easter, on the other hand, is an option. You must choose to believe in order to encounter the actual, living Jesus.

Prayer:
Thank You, God, for the wonderful gift of Easter, which reminds us that Jesus rose from the grave and provides eternal life in paradise to all who believe. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Death
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2021
Assertion of Guilty

November 23, 2021

"I have sinned and done what is wicked in Your eyes exclusively against You, You alone; therefore, Your verdict is correct and reasonable when You judge." Psalm 51:4.

When Christians discuss and study the cross of Christ, we naturally focus on Jesus and what He went through so that we could know God. Today, though, I'd like to focus on something else that occurred during the crucifixion...something that has the potential to alter our understanding of and application of God's grace in our lives. It has something to do with the two crucified guys on either side of Jesus.

It all started when one of the men began taunting, blaspheming, and abusing Jesus. When I first heard this, I was shocked.When the other criminal heard this, he spoke up, asking, "Don't you fear God, since you are under the same sentence?" in Luke 23:40-41. We are justly punished since we are receiving the consequences of our actions. This individual, on the other hand, has done nothing wrong." These folks were not small criminals who had committed misdemeanors. People were not crucified for simple stealing in the Roman Empire. Whatever they'd done was heinous enough to justify the death penalty. They had most likely revolted against the Roman authorities. When we look at these two dying lawbreakers, we should recognize ourselves, no matter what their crimes were. These folks, you see, weren't only dying for a crime; they were also dying in sin.

We now live in a no-fault world.Someone or something is always to blame for our "mistakes." Personal responsibility, let alone sin, are concepts that our society does not value. Self-preservation is the preferred way of existence. However, if you can't identify with the thief on the cross, you won't be able to genuinely commit your life to God. He now comprehended that his crime had nailed him to the cross, and that Jesus' guilt had also nailed him to the cross.

Only once we acknowledge and confess our own guilt can we genuinely experience God's grace in removing that guilt through Jesus.

Prayer
: Thank You, God, for the forgiveness that can only be found in Jesus. Amen.

Topic Guiltofsin
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:58am On Nov 24, 2021
Transformation through Christ.

November 24, 2021

"Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom," he pleaded". Luke 23:42

A complete or drastic change in shape or appearance is referred to as transformation. A casual reading of the circumstances surrounding Jesus' crucifixion may fail to reveal the incredible transformation that occurred in the heart of one of the criminals crucified beside the Savior. It was a metamorphosis from disapproval to admiration. The rebels crucified with Jesus "heaped insults on Him," according to Matthew 27:44. "Remember me when You come into Your kingdom," one of those identical men remarked to Jesus later. Did you hear what I said? From blasphemer to believer, this sinful man underwent a transformation.You are, in my opinion, looking at the most incredible example of transformation and salvation in the Bible. Why? Because he names Jesus a king, yet no one had ever looked less like a king than Jesus did at the time. The sight and smell of Jesus, caked in dirt and blood, the smell of urine and excrement emanating from His body, beaten beyond recognition, would have been terrible. This criminal was staring at the crucified Jesus with a cross on His back, not the rising Jesus with a crown on His head. He most certainly did not witness Jesus walking on water, feeding the masses, or turning water into wine. When it appears that Jesus is the one who would save him, he implored Jesus to save him.What caused him to change his mind? It wasn't the virgin birth or a prophecy from the Old Testament. It wasn't the miracles Jesus worked or the truths He taught that made a difference. During the majority of His trial and crucifixion, Jesus remained mute... But, from the cross, He said tenderly, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Those words changed everything for the guilty, dying man who had just been insulting Jesus. They screamed in his ears and pierced his heart. Only God could forgive people, and only the Son of God could beg God to pardon others for the wrongs they had committed against Him.

Grace came alive for this man all of a sudden. In Jesus' actions, he recognized grace. In the midst of the chaos, he heard grace.In Jesus' love, he felt grace. He knew he was dying in his sin as Jesus was dying on the cross for his sin. He believed, and his faith, together with God's grace, transformed everything.

Prayer:
Thank You, God, for Your mercy. I know I could never earn it, yet You have freely given it to me in Your Son. Help me to receive Your grace, as well as to share it with others who have yet to believe. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic forgiveness
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:01am On Nov 25, 2021
Divided

November 25, 2021

"They crucified Jesus along with the prisoners — one on His right, the other on His left – when they arrived at the Skull." Luke 23:33

One tired voice emerges above the crowd's insults and jeers. It's a simple, two-word prayer from a man who knows he doesn't deserve God's grace and, even if he could, doesn't have time to attempt to earn it. "Keep in mind who I am." Christ's response to the thief dying by His side was filled with more splendor than he could have imagined at the time. It's the only occasion we hear in the Bible about someone being rescued immediately before they die. In granting this man's dying request, Jesus demonstrated two aspects of God's rescuing grace. First, it is never too late to come to Christ; and second, sincere repentance is never too late.One tired voice emerges above the crowd's insults and jeers. It's a simple, two-word prayer from a man who knows he doesn't deserve God's grace and, even if he could, doesn't have time to attempt to earn it. "Keep in mind who I am." Christ's response to the thief who died at His side was more glorious.

In exchange for Jesus' grace, this felon had nothing to offer. He didn't have any good deeds, a baptismal certificate, a church membership, or a receipt for an offering. He had no time to offer Jesus – no time to "live for Jesus," to put it another way. All he had to contribute was his faith, and he was forgiven and gloriously saved in return. He did not die on that day in any way that matters, but was instead given eternal life with Christ.

The three crosses, in my opinion, have a lot of meaning.Instead of being in the centre, he might have easily been placed to the left or right. It's no coincidence that the three crosses form a picture. Because the globe is not divided geographically, racially, economically, or even politically, those two criminals represent the entire human race. We are all divided by the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Those who accept Jesus are on one side, while those who reject Him are on the other. Every one of us must decide which side of the cross we will die on. My wish for you is that you make the best decision possible. Accept Christ's gift of grace by placing your confidence in Him. It's the wisest choice you'll ever make.

Prayer: Dear God, I realize there is nothing I can offer you for salvation other than my faith in You. Thank You for Your unfailing grace. Thank you for sending your son Jesus to die for my sin. Amen

Topic Salvation
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:15am On Nov 26, 2021
Keeping the End in Mind

November 26, 2021

"Then I saw 'a new heaven and a new earth,' since the first heaven and earth had vanished, and there was no longer any sea." I saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, descend from heaven as a bride exquisitely dressed for her husband. 'Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them,' said a loud voice from the throne. They will be his people, and God will be with them and serve them as their God. Every tear from their eyes will be wiped away by him. Because the old order of things has passed away, there will be no more death, sorrow, weeping, or pain.'" 1–4 in Revelation 21

Christians believe that after death, there will be a life in heaven that will remain forever.Even committed followers of Jesus, however, few individuals live in such a way that this is a reality. If heaven and eternity are true, then our life here on earth is a mere blink of an eye in comparison to the heaven that awaits us. What we accomplish in life, the possessions we acquire, the relationships we form, and the lives, structures, and goals we have in this world, none of it counts.

"You can't take it with you," says an old adage about dying. Despite this, most of us live as if we can stuff at least a chunk of our lives into that casket once we die and transport it to who knows where. Consider the Egyptian pharaohs, who were buried with gold and stone statues, as well as dogs, boats, and everything else they owned.We pity them for their erroneous perspective of eternity, but we can see in our own lives that we are heading in the same path.

Consider adopting the mindset of living with the end in mind. It's the belief that we don't belong in this world. That we are meant for something far greater and more valuable than anything we can create here. And the only thing that matters, the only thing we can carry with us, are our friends, family, coworkers, and others we encounter along the path who have also given their lives to Jesus Christ. When we keep the end in sight, all of our labor, money, and position fade away, leaving only the one, clear, and abiding mission that counts most: sharing Jesus at every opportunity.

Prayer: Dear God, I'm so grateful that I'll be able to spend forever with You in paradise. Help me to remember that my time here is limited, and that my mission in life is to bring as many people to heaven as possible by preaching Your Gospel, praying, and rejoicing as You draw people to You. For this brief, blink of an eye on earth, may I set aside my personal goals and surrender myself to Your mission and Your Gospel for my life. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Rejoicing

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2021
No longer guilty.

November 27, 2021

"But now God has shown us a new route to heaven—not by trying to be good enough and keeping His laws, but by a new way" (though not new, really, for the Scriptures told about it long ago). God now states that if we trust Jesus Christ to wipe away our sins, He will accept and acquit us—declare us "not guilty." And no matter who we are or what we have done, we may all be saved in the same way by coming to Christ." Romans 3:21-22 .

Assume you're in a courtroom. You, the defendant, are on trial. You have committed a heinous act. It is deserving of capital punishment. Your wrongs are laid out in front of the judge and jury one by one as the days pass. The case is plain, and the proof is irrefutable. The prosecutor is articulate and well-prepared, as if he were giving a speech.You're well aware of your culpability. You take a seat behind the courtroom desk in a wooden chair. Sweat streams from your brow. Your attorney scribbles down notes. You spend the entire time gazing down at your feet, never looking the jury in the eyes. You can't take it anymore. You don't have anything to defend yourself with. You hope the case will continue on for a few more days because it is your only way to dodge the inevitable conclusion for the time being.

But that's the end of the story. Both the prosecution and the defense are at a standstill. The deliberations proceed, but they are merely ceremonial. You know what the judge will say as that white piece of paper is delivered from the foreman to the bailiff and finally to His Honor on the bench. In the back of your mind, you wish, you plead, for a second chance, just one more chance to right what could never be rightThen you hear it for the first time. "I'm not guilty," she says. But how do you do it? That can't be right, says everyone in the room, including you. You are guilty, but the declaration has only recently been made. Mercy has been demonstrated. You are free to leave now. Without any repercussions. You're speechless, your mouth agape, unable to talk or even think. What are the chances of this happening? Every Christ-heart follower's is enacted in this drama. For all of our sins, Jesus takes our guilt and punishment. On the cross, it is laid out before God. He passed away. He stood up. Our debt has been settled. Our sin is no longer with us. And we are not deserving of it. And we are well aware of our wrongdoing. But God sees Jesus in us at that moment and declares us "not guilty." It is, without a doubt, a grace miracle.

Prayer:Thank you, God, for rescuing me from my sins. Thank you so much for sending Jesus to earth. Help me to live out my purpose for Christ every day, in Jesus'name, Amen.

Topic sin
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:35am On Nov 28, 2021
Emboldened

November 28, 2021

"Then Peter, with the Eleven, rose to his feet, raised his voice, and addressed the audience..." 2:14 (Acts)

The eleven apostles had a significant transformation after receiving the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. It all started when Peter stood up and began preaching the gospel to the people of Jerusalem. "God has created this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah," he said at the close of his speech (Acts 2:36). Hey, remember that instructor you just assassinated? Yes, He is the Messiah and the Lord. The early Church was born as a result of that preaching, with 3,000 people rescued on that day.

The authority with which Peter spoke was not his own, but was granted to him by the Holy Spirit. He was emboldened to preach the truth by the Holy Spirit. In Acts 2, you'll find the first post-resurrection account in his speech.Emboldened
April 9, 2018
“Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd…” Acts 2:14

As soon as the Holy Spirit came to believers at Pentecost, there was a marked change in the eleven apostles. It began as Peter stood and preached the gospel to those in Jerusalem. He ended his sermon with an astounding statement: “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah”(Acts 2:36). Hey everyone, that teacher that you just had killed? Yes, He is the Lord and the Messiah. The result of that message was the birth of the early Church—3,000 were saved that day.

The power that Peter spoke with was not his own, but rather given to him through the Holy Spirit.Save yourself from the tyranny of this generation.

Do we, as Christians, have the courage to preach it today? We frequently witness the Church weaving herself in and out of society, attempting to be cool and seeking the magnet of attraction that will attract our media-savvy friends and families. Instead, perhaps we should be encouraged, reminded by the Holy Spirit within us to proclaim the gospel and warn our neighbors that our generation is corrupt, unjust, and godless, and that we desperately need a Savior. Allow your words to be bold with the mention of the Jesus who freed you from your sins as you flavor your interactions with your faith this week.

Prayer: Thank you, God, for rescuing me. Give me opportunities to share my faith with others this week. In jesus'name, Amen.

Topic Faith
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:42am On Nov 29, 2021
Dedicated to Education

November 29, 2021

"They were completely devoted to the apostles' doctrine..." 2:42Acts

Acts 2 describes everything we know about the early Church, including the 3,000 persons who were saved at Pentecost and what happened to them afterward. We see what the believers' lives were like starting in verse 42. They, too, were disciples, learners, and students, as evidenced by their first words. They listened to the Apostles' teaching, wrote it down, and lived it out. That teaching was most likely Jesus' own words, as related by people who accompanied Him for three years.

The Christians were "dedicated" to it, according to the Bible. "To be strong and faithful in a thing and give it uninterrupted attention; to endure," the Greek word "devoted" indicates. So this wasn't a regular Sunday School class or a devotional like the one you're reading now.This is also the finest path for every new believer and anyone who bears the name of Jesus. Nothing matters more than getting to know Jesus through His Word. It can't just be a "part of our lives." It has to be something you do on a daily basis. We must be strong in God's Word in order to be strong in faith. The veracity of the Bible is being questioned by the outside world in our current culture and political atmosphere. It has been reduced to a collection of moral fables, a book that is enjoyable to read but that few truly comprehend. Worse, they're teachings that don't speak to today's thinking and aren't really relevant to us.

None of this, however, is correct. God's revealed and holy Word is the Bible. We don't make it relevant in any way. The Bible is still relevant today. That is correct.The Bible is God's revealed and holy Word. We don't make it relevant in any way. The Bible is still relevant today. That is correct. We become less significant if we deviate from it, and we have strayed from the truth. If we feel we don't know God as well as we should, the solution is simple: study the Apostles' teaching. Investigate God's word. Continue to study it on a daily basis. Live it to the fullest. Our trust will be steadfast in the world God has given us if we are steadfast in God's Word.

Prayer: Thank you, God, for providing us with Your Word, the Bible. Please help me to make time with You and Your Word on a daily basis. Help me to put Your Truth into practice in my daily life as I study from the pages of the Bible. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Topic Truth
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 11:05am On Nov 30, 2021
The will to pray

November 30, 2021

"They devoted themselves to prayer," says Acts 2:42

According to a recent poll conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute, 48 percent of Americans pray every day. Over 80% of people pray for their family or friends. Approximately 13% of people pray for their favorite sports team. One in every five people wishes to win the lotto. A small number of people wish for someone to be fired or fail. Clearly, we think as a country that prayer is a means of interacting with a spiritual authority and that asking for things we want or wish to happen has some importance. Is this, however, the purpose of prayer?

Prayer by Christ-followers is depicted in the New Testament in a very different light. The early church was as committed to the Apostles' teachings as they were to prayer. They were rejected by their Jewish community for abandoning their faith and
accepting Jesus.

Nonetheless, they followed Christ's teachings and prayed for their adversaries and those who would harm them. They recognized prayer as a privilege. God had never before enabled them to have a one-on-one connection with Him. Sacrifices at the Temple had been their only connection to Him up to this time. By His grace and the gift of His Son, Jesus, God was now listening to their very words.

Have you had a chance to pray today? Have you offered up a prayer for those who have wronged you? Have you ever prayed for your adversaries? What about the people you know who don't believe in God? Have you begged God to bless you, or have you asked Him to bless those who have far less than you? What are you hoping to achieve with your prayers? When you pray, remember to address God as the One who you are, not as a "wish-grantor."

In prayer, ask God to reveal His plans and aspirations for you. Allow prayer to be a time when you begin to ask God for what He desires rather than what you desire.

Prayer: Thank you, God, for giving us the gift of prayer. Thank You for removing the need for me to go through a priest or to the Temple, like the Israelites did. Thank you for allowing me to speak with you one-on-one. I have a long list of desires in life. However, I request that You communicate Your desires and wishes for me. Help me to understand my role in Your mission so that I can make the most of my time on this planet by being completely dedicated to You. Allow my desires to become Your desires. Give me a desire to learn more about You through prayer. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Prayer
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2021
Everything is the Same

December 1, 2021

"All of the believers were in one place and shared everything." Acts 2:44

It's difficult to conceive a community where all Christians are together, sharing everything in common, as we read about the early Church in Acts. Our entire civilization is based on a massive separation rulebook. We live in separate houses (or even apartments) and drive to different buildings in separate automobiles. We work in cubicles or walled-off offices. Our houses are divided into sections, which we refer to as rooms. Closets and drawers divide our belongings. Dishes are stored in cupboards and on shelves. Separate Tupperware containers for the food. Every existence is, in essence, a succession of man-made hurdles that must be overcome.

Unlike what we're used to, the early church lived in one-room dwellings with extended families. Those who came to Jesus in the days following his resurrection were thrown out.They needed to work together. Many people have lost their families and their livelihoods as a result of the disaster. They banded together in order to live. But it went beyond that. It was a realization that if Jesus is who He claims to be, then our material possessions don't matter all that much. The only thing that matters are the relationships we form and the people we lead to Christ, who will eventually join Him and us in heaven.

Having everything in common in a materialistic society like ours is a foreign concept. We'll refer to it as radical socialism and avoid it at all costs. Giving to the impoverished is surely a good thing to do, but bringing all Christians together with everything in common? Really? But what if that's the life we were intended to live all along? Is there any way we may use our belongings to assist one another get to know God better and live for Him more fully?

Prayer: God, please enable me to have a positive attitude toward my possessions. Show me how I can best use my home, my vehicle, my job, and my savings for Your glory when I look at my home, my car, my job, and my savings. Allow me to be aware of the needs of other Christians, particularly those in my church and community who I can assist. Help me to live with the perspective that what I gather and have here on earth is truly for use in ministry, and that my ultimate investment is in the heaven to come, just as the early Church did. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Church
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2021
Every Day, the Lord Added

December 2, 2021

"And the Lord added others who were being rescued to their number on a daily basis." 2:47 Acts

In today's ministry, "church expansion" is a buzzword. Pastors and ministers in the United States are continuously thinking about how to expand their ministries. More people equals more tithers, and more tithers equals more money to conduct more mission. There are growth seminars and websites, for example. Growth consultants, growth plans, and growth strategies are all available. There are blogs on growth posted by pastors of growing churches discussing how their churches grew in the hopes of helping another church develop by using the same strategies.

However, we observe a totally different kind of growth in the early Church. Acts 2 depicts a church dedicated to Bible instruction, worship, prayer, and community service. It depicts a group of people who met on a daily basis, persevered, and lived in such a way that they stood out from the crowd.
However, we observe a totally different kind of growth in the early Church. Acts 2 depicts a church dedicated to Bible instruction, worship, prayer, and community service. It depicts a group of people that met on a daily basis, persevered, and lived in such a way that they "enjoyed the favor of all the people." The text concludes with a statement on growth: "God added daily to their number."

Growth was not a priority in the early Church. It was a by-product of the process. God did the growing while the Church went about her business. As our culture evolves and the pace of life quickens, church leaders - and those they lead - continue to explore for ways to have a positive impact in their communities. If we use a few cool concepts, a branded design, and some current teaching, we can make a big difference.

The Church is expanding, which is a good thing. We frequently see new people enter the Church as a result of a life change...coming to know Jesus and embarking on a discipleship path. However, we must be clear about the goal: growth is not the goal. It is a God-given by-product of a church that worships, discipleship, serves, and sends forth into the community and beyond.

Prayer: Thank you, God, for my church. I pray that You would show me how I might help others through my local church. I pray that you will use my personal ministry to touch the lives of others as I worship, disciple, serve the community, and go on mission. I pray that our congregation will be a light for Christ in our community, our country, and the world. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Church
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:42am On Dec 03, 2021
Designed for a Specific Purpose

December 3, 2021

"Everyone who is called by My name, whom I fashioned and made for My glory." 43:7 (Isaiah)

What exactly are you doing here? Isn't that the great question of life? All of our dreams, plans, objectives, desires, and pursuits—everything we yearn for or obtain, even our relationships—all of it is in search of the answer to the one question that truly matters. What exactly are we here for?

We were formed by God. In Genesis, the Bible recounts the story of creation. We were created in His likeness and placed in His world, with authority over His creation. Man tended to the garden alone until God provided him with a companion. And mankind evolved rapidly, to the point where there are now seven billion of us, nearly all of whom are still looking for the solution to all questions. Why?

In Isaiah 43, the Bible gives us the answer. We were made for the glory of God. He created us because it pleased Him, and we are a reflection of Him. We are to live for God's glory since we were made for God's glory. We've come to learn about Him, to please Him, and to glorify Him. The God who created us is also the God who gives meaning to our lives.

Knowing God is the most important thing we can do in life...

We must surrender to God and recognize that sin offends Him, but that He provides a method for us to restore our connection with Him and spend forever in heaven with Him through Christ. Have you ever thought that heaven exists solely because God is present? Our whole lives will be spent in His presence. However, it will not be monotonous! How could it be when God is involved?

We were made with a specific purpose in mind: to know God and to make God known. We exist to please God through a relationship with Him, as we live for Him every day and reflect Him in our hearts, minds, and actions.

Prayer: Thank you, God, for creating me. Thank you for making it possible for me to know You through Jesus. I pray that when I spend time with You each day, You will help me to gain a deeper understanding of You. I also pray that You will show me how to live for You while fulfilling Your plans for me on earth. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic God'sWill
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2021
Where Does Faith Originate?

December 4, 2021

"Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith." 12:2 in Hebrews

We must have faith in order to devote our life to God. We must accept not only that God is Who He says He is, but also that He raised Jesus from the grave, and that in Him we have eternal life. We can't muster up faith in our own hearts and lives. Faith has a source, according to the Bible, and it isn't us.

According to Hebrews 12, Jesus is the author of our faith. "To those who have been given faith equally valuable as ours in the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ," we read in 2 Peter 1:1. Faith in Jesus is given to us. God has bestowed it upon us

The very faith necessary to believe God is also provided by the grace of God to all who will receive it. This faith came from the Word of God. Romans 10:17 says, “So faith comes out of hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Let’s say you are wearing a gold ring. To you it is just a ring made of metal. But then someone explains to you why gold is valuable. It’s exceedingly rare and hard to mine. Then it must be purified, which is a painstaking process. Gold is malleable into shapes like a ring. It is long lasting. The metal itself cannot be made artificially. As you hear more and more about the ring, the value of it increases in your mind. Before you heard about gold, you had just a ring. Now that you have an understanding of what gold is, you know the ring’s value.

Faith is the same way. The importance of the relationship rises as you read God's Word and learn Who Christ is and what believing in Him accomplishes for you. The more you learn about Jesus, the more important and beneficial He becomes to you and your life. As you get to know Him better, your faith in Him develops because He gives it to you through His Word.

Prayer: Thank You, Jesus, for giving me the faith to believe in You and the faith to learn more about You every day. Thank you for making it possible for me to learn more about You as I read and study Your Word. May I utilize Your gift of faith to tell my family and friends about Who You are. I pray that You will also give them the faith to know You and have a connection with You. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Topic faith
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:04am On Dec 05, 2021
Taking a Chance

December 5, 2021

"Now faith is the conviction of things not seen, the assurance of things hoped for." 11:1 in Hebrews

A bullet wound has killed Indiana Jones' father. The brave adventurer has waded through a maze-like tomb in pursuit of the one relic that can save him. He ends up at a portal to oblivion after solving each cunning question. A gap too wide to jump over, and a bottomless pit below him, a fall into which would surely kill him. Indie says that to himself and knows it to be true, for those who have watched the movie. "It's a risky move." He must leap, trusting that the one thing that will kill him will also save him and his father. As a result, he closes his eyes and jumps!

Have you ever gone on a trip?Have you ever gone out on a limb, knowing it wasn't supposed to hold you, but hoping it would? We live by faith 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Faith in the earth's rotation and gravity's ability to keep us on the ground. Belief that breathing in will provide us with the oxygen we require at all times. Faith that the wings will lift the plane off the runway if it is flying fast enough. But they aren't really leaps of faith because we've seen these things before and have some confidence that things will continue to progress as they have in the past.

No, a leap of faith is trusting in something unseen, as the writer of Hebrews reminds us. A strong conviction in something we haven't seen firsthand. Daniel's bravery in the lion's cave required a leap of faith. It was a risky move.

Leaps of faith are something God desires and blesses. He is exalted in the hearts of those who put their complete trust in Him, knowing that He is Who He says He is. Thomas wanted to see Jesus after the resurrection before believing that He had been raised from the grave. And he succeeded! "Have you believed because you have seen Me?" Jesus asked when he saw him. "Blessed are those who believe despite not seeing" (John 20:29). Are you willing to take a risk and try something new? Are you willing to put your faith in God for something you can't see?

Prayer: God, teach me how to take a leap of faith in Your name. By the way I trust You, I want to please You. I am confident that You will keep your word. So, by the way I live for You, may my life bring honor to You. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Topic Faith
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:55am On Dec 06, 2021
Being a God Worshipper

December 6, 2021

"Now may the God of peace, who raised our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, from the dead through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory forever and ever." Amen.” 20-21 (Hebrews 13:20-21)

Do you want to make God happy? That must be our life's objective as Christ disciples. But can we please God...and if so, how can we accomplish it? Can we summon the behaviors and thoughts that will please a holy God within ourselves?

We don't have to, thankfully, according to the Bible. God does not want us to work for Him, completing a daily task list of activities that we believe will make Him happy. Rather, through the Holy Spirit, God is pleased to work in us to fulfill His will through our good actions. God is the one who gives the means for us to satisfy Him. God is the one who bestows talents and skills on us. God is the one who arranges the needs that must be satisfied in front of us. And it is God who works in us to make us perfect as we complete the task He has set before us.

Being a God-pleaser isn't a one-size-fits-all set of actions or skills that guarantees God's approval. It is being surrendered to God in order for His work to be completed in us as His will is carried out through us.

Prayer: Thank you, God, for providing a method for me to please You through the presence of Your Son Jesus in my life. I pray that I am willing to be obedient to the work You are doing in my life. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Topic Glory
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:14am On Dec 07, 2021
Ask more than you expected from God.

December 7, 2021

"Does the Lord take as much pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the Lord's voice?" "Behold, obedience is preferable to sacrifice." 15:22 in 1 Samuel

For many people, a connection with God is more of an equation than a blessing. They've convinced themselves that if they go through the motions on Sundays, sing and clap for God, pay God a tithing check on Monday, and mow the widow's yard on Saturday, they'll be able to withdraw from God's bank of blessings for their own needs and wants in the near future.

Everything in contemporary American culture centers on an underlying question: What will this do for me? Because we're at the center of our own universes, anything we do or put effort into is bound to be successful.

So, if God says to do this or act this way, and God has the power to bless us abundantly, why not obey God? There's got to be something decent in there somewhere. However, as the author of 1 Samuel points out, burned offerings and sacrifices are ineffective in pleasing God. Have you ever wondered if the people in the Old Testament realized God didn't want a great pile of dead animals? He did, however, expect their obedience in sacrificing those creatures as He had instructed.

God wants us to do things for our own benefit, not for His. God does not require anything from us. After all, he is God, and he will be fine. However, it is to our benefit when we serve God, obey God, spend time getting to know God, and grow in our confidence in God. God gives us the faith to believe in what we don't see.

This is to our favor if we row in our confidence in God. God gives us the faith to know Him, prepares works for us to accomplish in His name, and equips us with the talents and abilities to carry out these works—all of this is done to mold us into the people He desires. So don't ask your God what he can do for you. It's something he's already doing!

Prayer: Thank You, God, for carrying out Your work in me as I develop in trust and obedience. Help me to understand how You want me to respond as I read Your Word every day. May Your Spirit guide me in everything I do. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Obedience
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2021
Question with a twist

December 8, 2021

"When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered. One of them, a legal expert, put Him to the test by asking, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 22:34-36 Matthew 22:34-36

During His public career, Jesus was well-known, but not well-liked — especially by religious leaders. The Pharisees, Sadducees, and Herodians were three groups of religious leaders that were particularly hostile to Him. These groups were continuously attempting to catch Jesus off guard by asking Him trick questions. They interrogated Him on a variety of topics, including taxes, paradise, and marriage. Even if the questions from these groups were rarely serious, we may still learn a lot about God's heart - and often our own selfishness – from these dialogues.

A Pharisee asks Jesus, "What is the greatest commandment in the Law?" in Matthew 22, and Jesus responds, "What is the greatest commandment in the Law." While we know from Scripture that this guy had no real interest in learning what Christ really desired from him, isn't this an honest question in another context? Have you ever wondered what God finds most pleasing? Have you ever wondered if some commands are more essential to Him than others?

However, this is a loaded and inherently erroneous question. Why is it such a trick question? It's loaded since the Pharisees had 613 separate laws at the time. They categorized the laws into affirmative (247) and negative (365) laws, as well as heavy (like today's felonies) and light laws (misdemeanors).

However, this is a loaded and inherently erroneous question. Why is it such a trick question? It's loaded because it's within. They spent a lot of time ranking rules, but they still regarded all of them as equally important because God had commanded them. If Jesus chose one law to be more significant than the others, He would be implying that the others were less vital.

In addition, the question is essentially faulty. It demonstrates a misunderstanding of grace. It has the word "legislation" written all over it... Despite this, many Christ followers continue to live lives chained to this way of thinking. It makes sense in the context of the Old Covenant's regulations, High Priests, and the ongoing sacrifices required to be in good standing with God. It, on the other hand, has no place in the grace-filled New Covenant. "What must I do?" asks the Old Covenant. The Brand-New covenant proclaims; look what Christ has done.

The sweetness of Jesus' response is enhanced by this greater understanding of the question. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind," he replied. There it is...grace...liberty. What is it that God most desires from you? He's looking for you. Your dreams, desires, anxieties, difficulties, and abilities, all of you. Perfection isn't required; but, surrender is. May our greatest efforts be focused on understanding and loving God rather than attempting to do enough to please Him.

Prayer: Thank You, God, for rescuing me from the folly of attempting to earn Your love when I know I'll never be good enough. Please forgive me if I revert to a Pharisee mindset from time to time. Please help me to live in the light of Your grace and Christ's atonement for my sins. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Love
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:14am On Dec 09, 2021
Respond To His Call

December 9, 2021

"We love because He loved us first." 4:19 in 1 John

God's love for us is mentioned frequently throughout the New Testament. The most well-known is John 3:16, which states that God loved us so deeply that He sent His Son to die for our sins. God demonstrated His love for us by sending Christ to die while we were still sinners, according to Romans 5:8. Ephesians 2:4-5, 1 John 3:1, Romans 8:35-39, and Ephesians 3:17-19 are a few more New Testament texts that illustrate God's deep love for His children in various ways.

However, you might be shocked to hear that there are very few references in the New Testament to our love for God. It makes sense, because our love for God is responsive, according to 1 John 4:19. We can only love God because He loved us first. He takes the initiative, and we follow suit.It is not natural for us to love and seek God because of sin. God did not wait for us to come to Him because of this. Instead, He reached out to us through His Son, Jesus, and provided a pathway for us to reach Him. "I am the truth, the way, and the life. "There is no other way to the Father than through Me." What could be a more perfect love?

This is what distinguishes Christianity from other religions. It isn't a religion based on a faceless God. It's a one-on-one relationship with a real, living God. He desires to be intimately involved in our lives, to be invited into the dark crevices and hidden corners of our life so that He may kindly guide us into the light of His truth. He aspires to be something other than The God. He aspires to be both your and my God.
Have you personally responded to God's incredible love for you? In His Son, Jesus, He has demonstrated His love for you. What will your reaction be?

Prayer: Thank you, God, for loving me first. Thank You for looking for me when I was lost in my sin. Please help me never to take Your forgiveness and grace for granted. As I study Your Word, pray, serve others, and share my faith, please help me to love You more and more each day. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Love
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:20am On Dec 10, 2021
Guardhouse

December 10, 2021

"Above all else, preserve your heart, for it is the source of everything you accomplish." 4:23 (Proverbs)

We are to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength, according to Scripture. Simply said, we are to love God with all of our hearts, minds, and souls. We're supposed to love Him with everything we've got. Have you heard the expression "I love you with all of my heart" before? The heart is the physical source of life. In the same manner, the heart is in charge of who we are on a spiritual level. What we believe and how we live will be determined by what we love most with our hearts.

This is how God, our Creator, designed us. He understands the significance of the heart. That is why, in Proverbs 4:23, His Word exhorts us to guard our hearts above everything else.

What exactly does it mean to keep your heart safe? The Hebrew source of that word refers to a prison officer who guards the prison with vigilance. Scripture encourages us to put a guard around our hearts to keep invaders out. Have you ever visited a gated neighborhood? Often, a modest guardhouse with an employee stationed at the entrance gate monitors who comes and departs. If you are a resident, you may proceed; however, if you are a visitor, the guard will stop you, inquire about your purpose for being there, and then either admit you in or turn you away. God desires that we guard our hearts with the same zeal.

What we accept into our hearts has a big impact on what comes out of it. Every day, we are bombarded with messages, some of which are real and others which are untrue.

The books we read, the movies we watch, the television series we watch, the social media we use, and the content we consume online all pound on the door of our hearts, begging to be let in... I'm itching to settle down. As a result, we must protect our hearts above all else. How can we love God with all of our hearts if they are full of garbage?

Prayer:
Please, God, assist me to prioritize protecting my heart above all else. Show me practical strategies to protect my heart against Satan's intrusive lies every day. Thank You for Your Honesty... May my heart be completely devoted to You at all times. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Christian Living
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:19am On Dec 11, 2021
The Greatest of All Loves

December 11, 2021

"Jesus said, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.'" 22:37 in Matthew

Whitney Houston's song "The Greatest Love of All," which she released years ago, was a hit. What did she consider to be the greatest love? Listen to the lyrics and you'll hear the songwriter say that the greatest love of all is loving oneself. While I admire the idea, I believe that self-love can lead to calamity.

Self-love has taken center stage in the life of a generation today. In 2017, the journal Psychology Today released studies on the rise of narcissism. We've become all about ourselves, from overbearing parents to the culture's promotion of appearance and worship of celebrity. Individualism has replaced family orientation, in which we organize our lives around our own wishes, aspirations, dreams, and desires.One outcome is a culture in which 1,000 selfies are uploaded to Instagram every 10 seconds, amounting to 93 million selfies every day. I'm not sure that was Whitney's intention... And it's certainly not what God intended.

Was it God's intention for us to love ourselves the most? Instead, Jesus teaches us in Matthew 22 that our love should be directed toward God. We should devote our entire heart, soul, and mind to loving Him. When Jesus gave His life for us on the cross, He gave us the greatest example of love. Self-love isn't great love; it's sacrificial love. And there is only One who is worthy of our deepest love: Jesus.

Prayer: God, Thank you for Your gift of love, which was manifested in Your Son, Jesus, who gave His life for my sins. I sincerely hope you will teach me to love you more as I learn from you each day. And help me understand that there isn't any love greater than your love for me, in Jesus'name, Amen.

Topic Love
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2021
What is the value of a word?

December 12, 2021

Because God adored the earth.
.. 3:16 (John)

Love is a wonderful term, but it can also be a fickle one. Overused, overemphasized, misapplied, mishandled, and misunderstood. We adore our partners and kids, but we also like baseball, ice cream, and a good laugh. Love has so many levels and layers that it really needs to be replaced.

It's a basic expression that we use out of habit on sometimes. When I leave the house in the morning, I make it a point to tell my wife how much I love her. If my children or grandchildren happen to be around, I make it a point to inform them as well. But what good are those three words if I don't show them how much I love and adore them?

Over a quarter-century of marriage, career changes, relocations, child rearing, parent care, illness and doctors, graduations, and other milestones. Every day, the four-letter word "love" appears, a fast reminder that expresses the deepest of concerns, the largest of obligations, the joy, pleasure, and grief, as well as the twists and turns of a life worth living. Out of love, for the sake of love, in the giving and receiving of love. In just four letters, it attempts to express all of our positive longings, drives, and sensations. The term "love" does not appear to be up to the task.

What about God's love, for example? An infinite Being of unlimited love who opted to demonstrate His capacity for love by sending Jesus to the cross for us. He is devoted to His Son. He adores us as well. And, while His conduct was the most loving of all time, it still falls short of adequately capturing God's enormous, deep, wide, unfathomable love.

What's the difference between a word and a phrase? Love is perhaps the grandest of all words. It is without a doubt the best of the one-syllable words. It can be used as both a noun and a verb. We both have and offer love. It is the most deserving of all words to be pursued. What's the difference between a word and a phrase? Everything comes to mind when the word "love" is mentioned.

Prayer: I'm reminded of Your amazing gift of love today, God. As You have loved me, help me to love others as You have loved me. Help me to be loving to my family, friends, and coworkers on a regular basis. Thank you for demonstrating Your love for me via Your Son, Jesus. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Love
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:45am On Dec 13, 2021
Service of the Lips

December 13, 2021

"These people honor Me with their lips, yet their hearts are far from Me." They worship Me in vain, and their teachings are merely human laws." Matthew 15: 8-9

A man and a woman had been married for fifty years, but the man was not particularly chatty. His wife couldn't take it any longer and burst out laughing. "Why don't you ever tell me you love me?" she said. Since our wedding day, I haven't heard those words." "I told you I loved you fifty years ago," he added, "and if I ever change my mind, I'll let you know!"

We all want to hear the words "I love you" - especially from the people we care about the most. The same can be said of God. He enjoys our praise of His name, character, and everything that He has to offer. Praise is simply expressing your adoration for God. Every day, we should enter His gates with gratitude and worship, and praise Him in His courts. Every new day we are granted the gift of life should begin and conclude with praise for our Lord and Savior...not because we have to, but because it is an opportunity to express our love and devotion to Him. What a blessing!

However, Matthew 15:8 states that just words are insufficient. Have you ever had someone tell you that they love you or that you are important to them, only for their actions to reveal that it was all a ruse? "Actions speak louder than words," as we've all heard, and it's true. True love will be manifested not just in words, but also in actions.

Matthew 15:8-9 advises against giving hollow, useless praise. What is the situation?He is described as someone who says the right things yet has a heart that is far from God. "The Lord sees not as man sees," God states in 1 Samuel 16:7. Man is concerned with external appearances, but the Lord is concerned with the heart." Words aren't enough to appease God. A slick tongue and attractive discourse will not fool him. God sees right to the core of our being. He longs for praise from our mouths that is based on the truth of our actions. Although perfection is not necessary, He delights in the praise of those who seek Him diligently and entirely commit themselves to Him.

Do you give thanks to God every day? If that's the case, is it praise in both word and deed, or are you just giving lip service to the only One who deserves all of your praise?

Prayer: Heavenly father, thank you very much for the gift of adoration. I want to worship you both verbally and physically. Please pardon me when I give lip service instead of worshiping you with a truly committed heart. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic worship.
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:36am On Dec 14, 2021
Demonstrate His Love

December 14, 2021

"If you truly love Me, you will obey My commands." 14:15 (John)

John 14:15 is a scripture I've known for a long time, but it's only recently that I've come to understand it in a new light. I've always considered the verb "keep" to be an imperative. This would indicate that Jesus was issuing a command to us: "If you love Me, obey My commands." But, as I've discovered, this is not what Jesus is saying. In the original Greek language, the verb "keep" is in the future tense. "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments," Jesus said literally. Do you see the distinction? It's subtle, but it's crucial.

If you're a parent, you'll understand our Heavenly Father's wish. How lovely is it when our children begin to obey us just because they love us and want to please us, rather than out of fear of punishment? As a parent, there is no greater satisfaction than seeing our children develop under the safety of our loving boundaries. How much more must our perfect Father pleasure in this with his children if we, as imperfect parents, do the same?

We are motivated to do what we do by three main emotions. "I have to do this," Fear says. "I should do this," says duty. But love, which says, "I want to do this," is the best and most rewarding motive of all. Our connection with God is founded on love."Our relationship with God is founded on love." "If you love Me, you will keep My commands..." says the Lord, not because we have to or ought to, but because we want to.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you
for allowing me the freedom to obey You. Because Jesus has paid the price for my sin and satisfied all of the requirements for my redemption, I don't have to obey out of fear or obligation. Now I may love You because You are deserving...and obey You because I wish to respect You. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Topic Love
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Profitable Obedience

Tuesday, May 2, 2018

"Whoever obeys My commands is one who loves Me. My Father will love the one who loves Me, and I will love and show Myself to them as well." 14:21
(John)

There are a lot of individuals who believe in Jesus and love him - at least to some degree. If you were to ask them, "Is Jesus real to you on a moment-by-moment basis?" they would say no. Is your relationship with Him the most essential one in your life? Is He in control of your thoughts and feelings?" "No," they'd say if they were being honest with themselves and with you. Do you have any idea why so many people would have to respond in this manner? It's because our relationship with Jesus is proportional to our willingness to obey Him.

There is a profit to obedience, according to John 14:21.Christ promises to reveal Himself to those who obey Him in a more profound way. When we respond to what God says to us, we get a sense of who God is. We can learn about God by reading the Bible. Anyone can learn more about God and what He has done by reading the Bible. However, obeying the Bible results in more than just knowledge; it also results in transformation.

From the inside out, transformation is taking place. And it's hard to walk away unchanged when we meet Christ face to face. This is the advantage of obedience that John 14:21 promises... The promise of a deeper revelation of Christ, not material wealth or blessings...not an easy, problem-free life... What could be better than that?

Are you reaping the rewards of following God's Word? His commands are always for our benefit, and the greatest blessing of all is that we get more by obeying them.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for the promise stated in John 14:21 that when I obey Your Word, You will reveal Yourself more and more through Christ. I don't deserve the grace I've already received in Jesus...and yet You continue to extend it to me. Thank You for Your mercy and Your ability to keep Your word. Receive my prayers dear Lord, Amen

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp, drop a WhatsApp or send a text message to 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 6:49am On Dec 16, 2021
Love that is overflowing

3rd of May 2018

"I give you a new command: Love one another. You must love one another as much as I have loved you." 13:34 (NIV)

One of the most powerful ways we may demonstrate our love for God is to love one another. We see the connection between love for God and love for others throughout the New Testament. "Whoever claims to love God but hates a brother or sister is a liar," 1 John 4:20 says of someone who claims to love God but hates a brother or sister. "Whoever does not love his or her brother or sister, whom he or she has seen, cannot love God, whom he or she has not seen." Yikes! When God calls someone a "liar," you know He means business.

In our culture, the word "love" often overused. When God commands us to love one another, John 13:34 explains just what He means. "As I've always loved you," he says, you must love each other." That is not a simple love. What is the nature of Christ's love for us? He has unconditionally and selflessly loved us. He has faithfully and selflessly loved us. His love is unconditional and undeserved. This is how we have been loved, and this is how Christ desires that we love one another. Is it even possible for sinful humans to experience such love? Without Jesus, no way.

Thankfully, we have been given the Holy Spirit as His followers, who empowers us to love as we have been loved. Is that to say it's simple? Nope. Does that imply that it appears natural? Certainly not. It does, however, imply that it is conceivable. It also implies that it is something we might learn to desire and cheerfully provide... We are good because God has been good to us, not because we are good. The more we are exposed to good love, the better we will become.

Have you known God's love in its fullest through a personal connection with Jesus Christ? If that's the case, are you obeying Christ's charge to love others as He has loved you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me unconditionally even when I don't deserved it. Please assist me in obeying Your instruction to love others as You have loved me. I understand that I can only do this because of the power of Your Spirit within me. Fill me with your spirit dear Lord,Amen. In Jesus' name.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or sms to this number 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2021
Let The Light Shine

December 17, 2021

"I have made you a light for the Gentiles, so you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth," the Lord says. Acts 13:47 (NASB)

There's no denying that... Christians are being dispatched. "As You sent Me into the world, so I have sent them into the world," Jesus pleaded to His Father in John 17:18. We are on a redemptive mission as Christ followers...a mission to bring redemption to the ends of the earth. Our sending is so important that Jesus declares that receiving His "sent ones" is the same as receiving Him. "Honestly, truly, truly, truly, I say to you, whomever receives the one I send receives Me..." (See John 13:20.)

We should be awestruck by this truth. Whether our personal sending is a move across the country, a cultural shift, or simply living Jesus-centered right where we are, it doesn't matter.We are all "sent" in the same way. The elementary school teacher or the construction worker are no more sent than the church planter in a faraway nation. A full-time megachurch pastor is no more sent than a stay-at-home mother with little children. Sent is the same as sent. And all believers have a responsibility to be a light to unbelievers...to convey the Gospel to the end of the cul-de-sac and to the ends of the planet.

As 2 Corinthians 5:20 puts it, we are sent as Christ's representatives...His ambassadors. We are sent to both announce and demonstrate that the Father sent Jesus into the world to redeem sinners. We are delegates, undeserving recipients of infinite grace and love. We've been unleashed into the dark world with the very words of life...truth that beams God's light into the darkest of places and the most hardened of hearts.

"Let there be light," God said for the first time in history. Is it a coincidence that we have the same message? We are both recipients and transmitters of God's light. Our goal is clear. We've been saved in order for us to be transmitted. And we've been dispatched in order for many people to hear and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ. May our lives be a constant echo of God's first words: "Let there be light!"

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for rescuing me so that You may send me out into the world to spread Jesus' message. There is no greater calling or purpose for my life than to be a light to people who so desperately need to know You. Please forgive me when I lose sight of my genuine calling as Your disciple. Rekindle my desire to take Your salvation to the farthest corners of the globe. In Jesus'name accept our prayers. Amen.

To receive daily devotional straight to your WhatsApp drop a WhatsApp or sms to this number 08091404816
Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 9:37am On Dec 18, 2021
Why was I created?

December 18, 2021

"By completing the work You gave me to accomplish, I have brought You glory on earth." 17:4 (John)

It should come as no surprise that when a study in USA Today asked, "What would you ask God if you could ask one question and got a direct, unambiguous answer?" The most common question people stated they would ask is, "Why am I here on Earth?" "There are two great times in a person's life," someone once stated. The first is when you are born, and the second is when you learn why you are born." It's a vital issue, and one that can't be answered accurately without God's help.

If we are here by evolutionary chance, it is difficult to answer the question "Why?" We could figure out why we're here....or have an opinion on why we're here... However, without an all-knowing Creator, we'll never know why we're here. However, there is divine purpose with an all-powerful Creator, and the Creator can tell us what that purpose is – and He has in His Word. Surprisingly, we all had the same answer to that question. Everyone who has ever been born, or will ever be born, was made with one goal in mind: to glorify God.

Did you know that Jesus came to earth for the same reason — to honor His heavenly Father? Jesus reveals in John 17:4 that the primary objective of all of His redemptive activity on earth was to glorify His Father. Jesus didn't come to save us; He came to save His Heavenly Father first. He came to bring us salvation, but why did He do so? Because our salvation brings glory to our heavenly Father.

God sent Jesus to earth for the same reason He put us here: to bring honor to His name. "So whatsoever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God," said the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 10:31. What a powerful statement that should be in our life! Nothing is about you at the end of the day. It's not about me. Everything revolves around God. Everything changes when we realize we exist for His glory.

Prayer :
God, I understand that I am here to glorify You. Thank you for allowing me to demonstrate Your goodness, faithfulness, and grace to others via my life. Please assist me in living a life worthy of the mission You have given me. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 8:23am On Dec 19, 2021
Glorious God

December 19, 2021

"Give the Lord the glory due His name, and worship Him in the majesty of His holiness." 29:2 (Psalm) KJV

There is a fundamental truth about God's glory that we must comprehend before we may worship Him in Spirit and truth as He intends. (See John 4:23.) This is the truth: we can't give God praise. Nothing we can do or not do will ever change the fact that He is totally glorious in and of Himself.

This reality can be tough to grasp because glory is something that we must earn or be given to us as humans. If you enter a palace and approach a king's throne while dressed in his regal robes and crown, you bow and give him homage. However, if that same king removed his robes and crown,You wouldn't give him glory if he left the throne, dressed as a beggar, and walked out into the street and sat down. You wouldn't know he was a king. The king does not have any glory of his own. The king's only splendor comes when he dons the robe and crown and sits on the throne.

God never removes His kingly robes. He never removes the crown or steps down from the throne. The throne, the robe, and the crown do not make him God. Because He is God, He possesses a throne, a robe, and a crown. He and His majesty are inextricably linked. God's glory is as necessary as light is to the sun...as water is to water. Water cannot be made wet; it is simply wet. You can't give God praise because He is all-powerful.He is referred to as "God of splendour" several times in the Bible. Consider what might have happened if the world had never been formed. Consider what would happen if humanity didn't exist and angels had never been formed. Even so, God would be magnificent. As a result, we can't contribute anything to His splendor or take anything away from His glory. He is wonderful in every way, at all times.

So, how do we give God glory? By perceiving His splendor and testifying to the truth of His grandeur through worship, we honor Him. Not simply through musical, collective worship services – while those are important – but through daily, hourly, and moment-by-moment worship of honoring Him with our lives. We should live in such a way that our lives reflect the glory that belongs to God.

Prayer :
Heavenly Father, I thank you for being privileged to know you, to study and hear from you each day. Help me to perceive Your glory more and more each day, and to live in a way that reflects it. Let my lifestyle be a channel of blessing to me and the world around me. Teach me to know you more, to do thy will and glorify you each day. Help me to know and fulfill my purpose for being created, in Jesus'name. Amen

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2021
Taking in God's Glory

21, December, 2021

"I have given them the glory that You have bestowed upon Me, so that they may be one as We are." John 17:22 (NIV)

Did you know that when you accept God's Son, you receive God's glory? Listen to the Apostle Paul's remarks in Philippians 2:9-11: "Therefore, to the glory of God the Father, God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord." When you dedicate your life to Christ, nothing more ascribes glory to God. When you devote your life to the Son of God, the Son of God gives you God's glory. We are all here to glorify God, and the first step is to acknowledge Him.

You will never accomplish the purpose for which you were formed until you commit your life to Jesus Christ, no matter what else you do in this life or how effectively you do it. Johann Sebastian Bach, the famed classical composer, produced 256 cantatas, one of which is played at practically every wedding. But it wasn't what he wrote that made him great in my eyes; it was why he wrote it. His musical compositions began as prayers and evolved into songs. Before scoring a piece of music, Bach would scribble J.J. – Jesu Juva – at the top of the sheet. "Jesus, help me," it was a simple plea. Whenever he finished a piece, he would write S.D.G. – Soli Deo Gloria – in the margin of the score, which means "to the glory of God alone."

The word "glory" literally means "to sing; to have a personal opinion about someone. "There are only two types of beings in the cosmos that will refuse to worship God voluntarily: rebellious humans and rebellious angels. Because they refused to give Him the praise He deserves, these groups will be separated from the God of glory in eternity.

On this planet, you can accomplish a great deal. You have the ability to succeed. You can achieve celebrity and money. You can accomplish a number of things that will get you a lot of praise from others. However, at the end of the day, only the life that glorifies God will matter.

Prayer:
Heavenly father, thank you for bestowing Your glory on me via the gift of Your Son. I pray that I will praise You every day with the new life You have given me through trust in Jesus Christ. In Jesus'name, Amen.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
Activate the Hero

22nd of December, 2021

"...to the glory of God the Father, every knee should bow at the name of Jesus, in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord..." Phillippians 2:10-11 (KJV)

God and the term "glory" are synonymous. But how does splendor appear? Based on what we read in the Bible, it's difficult to imagine God's glory. Even the most vivid words only paint a hazy picture. We might imagine ourselves standing on a cloud, hands raised high in prayer to God...forever?

Today, we see and understand glory best in the domain of athletics, where we see the most individual of all of our successes. A singer may be accompanied by a band, producers, and songwriters. Product developers, marketers, and factory workers are all part of a CEO's team. However, even in a team sport, spectacular individual performances are common.

The glory of man is such a faded mirror of God's glory. Perhaps our ability to laud something we see is merely intended to help us better understand what it means to give God glory. Not merely to acknowledge Who He is, but to humbly approach before Him with reverence, awe, wonder, and excitement...to realize that He is our hero in the truest meaning of the word, because He made it possible for us to repair our connection with Him. And that restoration is accompanied by the most incredible of events: Jesus' death on the cross, burial, and resurrection. Unbelievable. Wow! Incredible. Amazing. In one majestic act of love, justice, grace, wrath, and mercy, every part of God's character is exhibited. May it never go stale.

The Bible tells us that we will all offer God praise one day. Some from our heavenly home,, and others, as they are forced to recognize a Truth that they previously refused to acknowledge in life and for which they must pay an eternal price. It will not be boring or monotonous when we adore God in heaven. It will be a life-changing moment of insight and response that will be remembered for all eternity.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thankyou for the gift of life. May my life glorify You in the same way that Your creation does. May my obedience, humility, and reverence before You, as well as my desire to learn more about You, bring you honor now and forever in heaven. Amen, in Jesus' name.

Re: Daily Devotional For All Christians On Nairaland by Kachicruze: 5:34am On Dec 23, 2021
Perfect Harmony

23rd of December, 2021

"The Word took on flesh and dwelled among us." We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son, full of love and truth, who came from the Father." 1:14 John (NIV)

Today, I've noticed that there appear to be two main types of churches. One type is known for making individuals feel guilty. These churches will always tell you what they are against, but they will rarely tell you what they are for. They not only step on toes, but they also stomp on feet! The other kind of church will go to great lengths to make guests feel at ease. "Thou shalt not offend anyone," they believe is the 11th Commandment. The most important goal is to make everyone happy when they depart. They rarely bring up the subject of sin... If they do, they usually do it quickly and don't bother to call it sin.A church that offends everyone has something wrong with it. However, there is something wrong with a church that does not upset anyone. Jesus never offended everyone, but He did upset someone every time.

Jesus, God's one and only Son, came from the Father full of grace and truth, according to John 1:14. One of the many characteristics that distinguished Jesus from other people was his perfect balance of grace and truth. This balance is also what drew people to Jesus, who came from all walks of life to meet him. They came from all over to see Him and listen to what He had to say. Many people have even given their lives for Him.

Oh, to be in this situation like Jesus! If only we could always walk in grace and honesty. What an impact we could have on the world. We can only achieve perfect equilibrium with the help of the spirit of God living in us.Grace and honesty are both need in today's environment. Through the power of His Spirit, may we be a people who walk as Jesus did...full of grace and truth.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of life, please assist me to walk in a balance of grace and truth as I try to tell others about Your narrative. May my thoughts, actions, and words be rooted in Your truth and seasoned with Your grace at all times. In Jesus' name, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Believing Pastors Is Dangerous To Your Health / "Revelation NOW" / Hell Believers; Are You Going 2 B Watching Us Atheists Burn In Hell From Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 267
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.