Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke (1124 Views)

Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive / Let’s Laugh Together And Also Learn From My Funny Experience / Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
This experience really shook me and left me
It was my tested and trusted 03 Accord. There's nothing I didn't think of!

Will be updating and getting to the culprit in subsequent posts...
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
I woke and started the Accord. Got out of the car to round up a few things. When I got back, there was an offensive odour from the tail pipe. I couldn't also tell if what looked like steam from the exhaust was mixed with greish smoke.

I decided to give it a little gas...to confirm.
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Grupo(m): 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
It was a sad discovery.

The smoke ranged greyish to bluish while I had my foot on the gas. When I let off, it became an effortless plume of bluish smoke with the horrible smell.

I was numb. When, how, from where?
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
I know I have an oil leak from the mating area of the oil pan. Could the oil have gone so low that the engine wore?
A family member had been using the car for the prior 4 days. I began to run permutations...
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
I checked the dipstick, it was low. However, I was parked on an incline, so measurement won't be accurate anyway. Also, I didn't have a CEL. On this Honda, you should get a CEL from oil starvation of the VTEC solenoid when the oil goes low.

It was the suddenness that baffled me the most. Could the engine actually be worn? Maybe I've been puffing bluish smoke gently without noticing?
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
The culprit... Google is your friend

I took to the Web. Turns out that certain fuel system cleaners can cause bluish/greyish smoke as well as strong odours when used. Especially in the morning.

It was then it clicked. I added the Gumout product below to my tank some days earlier...

The product has Gumout's CarbonClear proprietary tech which has PEA as well as 2 other cleaning agents.

1 Share

Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
I am still on the tank of Gumout fuel, but the smoke has now totally stopped. The smell is gone too.

It's said that the smoke shows the product is working grin

I forgot to mention that the water that usually drips from the exhaust now turned black.
This is explained by the carbon being cleared from the engine.

The water is no longer black too
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
Just in case you want the blue smoke experience cheesy
I have a few bottles to spare which I can sell. I'll open a thread in Autos.
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by OfficialDJ: 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Piyke:
Just in case you wantthe blue smoke experience cheesy
no thanks grin

5 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Kingdemu: 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
Piyke:
Just in case you wantthe blue smoke experience cheesy
We don't want.

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
no thanks grin

grin grin grin
You dey fear?
This cracked me up.
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Piyke: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2021
Kingdemu:
We don't want.

Lol
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by OfficialDJ: 11:20am On Sep 08, 2021
Piyke:

grin grin grin
You dey fear?
This cracked me up.
grin grin
Re: My Funny Experience With Bluish Exhaust Smoke by Dozieson(m): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2021
Run o

(1) (Reply)

Elantra '09 Frustrating Issues (JERKING) / Direct Tokumbo Mini Pickup Van, Pickup And Mini Buses / Honda Bull Dog- How Can This Be Rectified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.