Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,840 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway (8744 Views)

Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? / Disasters Are Waiting To Occur On Railway Tracks In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Why Is Trading And Other Activities Allowed On Railway Tracks In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by EmmaLege: 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
impressive

3 Likes

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by GEEBITE: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Very apt response. He claims to be an auditor but knowledge of economics very weak like his mentors Tinubu and Buhari. My sister told me she took the train from Ibadan to Lagos because the station is close to her husband's office who just got transferred there.
The opportunity cost is on the fuel she would have bought, expenses on the driver that would have taken her there and her usual constant roadside purchases.
The summary at her micro level is a constriction on the circular flow of money to about three different sectors of the economy by undertaking the journey on a train. She saved more but came at a loss to the economy.
SarkinYarki:

This is fish tank economics ..you are sounding like it's new revenue ..this is just revenue that has moved from buses to the trains because of insecurity ...the money was always in the economy ...We need money to come in from outside the economy to grow

1 Like

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by zabuur: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Thanks to Buharis insecurity

Thats your take from this.....

1 Like

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by NotGej: 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
Is this figure verified? The Nigerian government are known expert in churning out fictitious figures depending on mood and agenda it intends to pursue.

Take it with a pinch of salt.
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by SarkinYarki: 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
zabuur:

Thats your take from this.....

My brother that's my take oooo
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by winterfell007(m): 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
tnerro1:
We should remove it from government hands and privatize it before it dies. That was how Nigeria airways started making money, before you know it, all manner of useless people started lobbying to head the place because of money and in the end it died

I think with the increase in the adoption of technology. Government can efficiently manage this. Nigeria Airways collapsed because it was seen as a jamboree for politicians. I believe everyone has realized the error in turning government assets to Jamboree

1 Like

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by winterfell007(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
mfm04622:

Lagos-Ibadan railway was started and completed by this administration! Tell us what GEJ administration did on the Lagos-Ibadan railway oooo. Everything is GEJ started it!
To be honest it started with him. So was the Abuja-Kaduna railway. Even PMB acknowledged that
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by mfm04622: 1:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
winterfell007:

To be honest it started with him. So was the Abuja-Kaduna railway. Even PMB acknowledged that

If na so, all the railway started with OBJ. Tell me what part GEJ Govt did in the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

4 Likes

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by udemzeus(m): 2:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
Better !!!, The government should prioritize investment, don't worry when e happen Una go enter labor market
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by mfm04622: 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
Philipxxxx0:
If you are not in Kaduna dont say what you dont know, am on ground, and I know what is happening here, because of insecurity for sometimes now all the school is closed going for three months now.

I live in Kaduna. We are talking about Abuja-Kaduna expressway and Abuja-Kaduna railway. I asked when was the last time there was kidnapping on Abuja-Kaduna expressway that is driving people to use the railway instead of the road?

4 Likes

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by Nigeriadondie: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
seunmsg:
This is really very exciting. Once all other ongoing railway projects are completed, the effect on the economy will be very huge. Buhari's massive investment in building rail network is finally paying off. If we can sustain the current level of investment in infrastructure for another 10 years, Nigeria will become one of the top twenty developed countries in the world.
Keep dreaming. When you wake up tell us
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by PIMPAR: 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Moferere:
Bring your profit to FAAC if you are sure of yourself.
Like the Nigerian Customs Service, they only make profits on the pages of newspaper.
Lazy youth. Income such from NRC goes to consolidated revenue. Typical lazy youth

1 Like

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by tnerro1(m): 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
winterfell007:

I think with the increase in the adoption of technology. Government can efficiently manage this. Nigeria Airways collapsed because it was seen as a jamboree for politicians. I believe everyone has realized the error in turning government assets to Jamboree

Don’t trust politicians with a national asset, especially one that is making money. Africa ‘s politicians will bleed it dry, tech or no tech. They will start by putting incompetent people answerable to only them.
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by Ikwerelastborn: 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
mfm04622:

I live in Kaduna. We are talking about Abuja-Kaduna expressway and Abuja-Kaduna railway. I asked when was the last time there was kidnapping on Abuja-Kaduna expressway that is driving people to use the railway instead of the road?
Shut up,if you stayed in kd you won't be asking this useless question.I'm sure you don't even know where in the map kaduna is
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by Philipxxxx0: 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
mfm04622:

Hmmmmm bro stop lies, Kaduna Express way is not safe, people are traveling to Abuja by train station because of it, do you know right now kidnappers are entering inside towns to kidnap people, gonigora, television, ungwan pama, kudenden is not safe ,many people are running away from their homes.
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by mfm04622: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
Philipxxxx0:
Hmmmmm bro stop lies, Kaduna Express way is not safe, people are traveling to Abuja by train station because of it, do you know right now kidnappers are entering inside towns to kidnap people, gonigora, television, ungwan pama, kudenden is not safe ,many people are running away from their homes.

Yes, I agree. Kidnappers are now attacking people at home in towns near bushes and forests. How does this contribute to the patronage of the Abuja-Kaduna railway?
Also, I have never heard of people being kidnapped at home in Television and Ungwan Pama. I can understand that of Gonigora and Kudenda.
Let us not argue too much. There is no insecurities on Abuja-Kaduna Expressway for now because Govt went in and clear people that have no business being in the bushes on that route.
Also, the comfort level is what is making people chose the railway over road transport. Or is there insecurities on Lagos-Ibadan road?

2 Likes

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by JuanDeDios: 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
seunmsg:
This is really very exciting. Once all other ongoing railway projects are completed, the effect on the economy will be very huge. Buhari's massive investment in building rail network is finally paying off. If we can sustain the current level of investment in infrastructure for another 10 years, Nigeria will become one of the top twenty developed countries in the world.
Yes, but do you think government can run anything in this country? Shouldn't Amechi hand this to the private sector before it goes the way of NTA, refineries, and everything else?

1 Like

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by nkiliuzo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
doesn't most of the money made in this venture go into servicing the Chinese loan or something!
well I think this is a good development, it is slowly reducing revenue for all this private bus companies, because they don too many
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by Ovamboland(m): 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
SarkinYarki:

This is fish tank economics ..you are sounding like it's new revenue ..this is just revenue that has moved from buses to the trains because of insecurity ...the money was always in the economy ...We need money to come in from outside the economy to grow

Wrong, people are now making trips they wouldn't make many years ago due to difficulty in traveling. Local tourist now use the train to visit locations which are now generating more revenue apart from rail transport fees. The velocity of money is even more important than imported money.

You will keep quiet at the wealth that will be unlocked once the freight services to Apapa and Tin can seaport kicks off

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by arsenal33: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
Philipxxxx0:
Do you know why this amount is coming out ?, because of increasing insecurity in the country, many people are using train to travel or plane, going to Abuja from Kaduna is 1000 using car, but using train is 3000, if not insecurity nobody will use extra 2k to travel to Abuja from Kaduna.
at least they are using it. thank God

1 Like

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by Govocrete: 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
I wished I knew how these figures are being calculated.

The 8am scheduled trip from Ujevwu (Warri) to Itakpe (Okene) generate #7,000,000.00
The 2pm scheduled trip from Itakpe (Okene) to Ujevwu (Warri) generate #7,000,000.00
Meaning in a day they are able to generate ~14,000,000.00

These figures above are based on personal statistics while on the route on several occasions. These calculations are based on the number of passengers seated, those standing are not included in the calculations.

Now they have included additional departure and arrival time
8am from Itakpe (Okene) to Ujevwu (Warri)
2pm scheduled trip from Ujevwu (Warri) to Itakpe (Okene)
Let just say assume, these trips also generate a total of #6,000,000.00

Meaning in a day the Ujevwu (Warri) to Itakpe (Okene) have the capacity to generate #20,000,000
Meaning Ujevwu (Warri) to Itakpe (Okene) route alone can generate over #1 Billion Naira in 60 days.

I believe if the Nets figure is made public for the following:

Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, etc.

To me the Nets recorded is far too low, please display sincerity to avoid NRC dying a second death, now that the government is trying to resurrect the sector. Stamp out corruption and don't allow NRC to die a second death.

1 Like

Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by Tundex911: 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
Still na China dem go remit to

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by DUNKA(m): 1:56am On Sep 09, 2021
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by seunmsg(m): 4:45am On Sep 09, 2021
Tundex911:
Still na China dem go remit to

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh

And what is wrong in using the funds generated to service the loans used to build the railway? Is the project not designed to pay for the debt?
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by Tundex911: 8:41am On Sep 09, 2021
Wo...
I'm not here to argue, just let see how the project gonna end immediately this bubu administration end comes 2023

Ire oooooo

seunmsg:

And what is wrong in using the funds generated to service the loans used to build the railway? Is the project not designed to pay for the debt?
Re: NRC Nets ₦1.08bn In Three Months, As Nigerians Increase Spendings On Railway by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2021
grin

You got $2m in 3 months for a railway you perhaps spent $3.5bn to construct.

2 million and 3 billion.

It's just a report but let us mind what we celebrate.

You want to recover your investment in 600 YEARS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At Last I Have Been Granted A Visa / "Breastaurants": An American Phenomenon. / Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.