Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Online Lost And Found Matching Platform - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Online Lost And Found Matching Platform (152 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Online Lost And Found Matching Platform by youngies(m): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2021
I learned an obscure word recently: all-overish. It describes a vague feeling of unease, somewhere between well and unwell. It’s a beautiful word for a middle feeling on its way to panic, and recently I had felt a bit all-overish.

I had a scheduled business meeting in Lagos on Saturday May 29, 2021. It has taken me about 4 months to get hold of that client and have him agree to that meeting. As the date of the meeting was drawing closer, I worked hard to make sure my pitch document was top draw. I crossed-checked my numbers, re-verified my supporting documents. Everything was almost ready, then my birthday happened.

My birthday was on Friday the 28 of May. As usual and as expected, I had my friends come over to celebrate with me. My wife in anticipation of the numerous visitors we may likely entertain that day, put up her A-game and was dishing out whatever we requested. However, boys will always be boys, they wanted to hangout, real hanging-out.

I joined one of them in his car and we moved to a ‘garden’ in town. Meanwhile, I took an envelope containing the work I will be presenting the next day in Lagos. My intention was to use the opportunity of the hangout to do the final tweaking of my presentation. In retrospect, it was stupid!

To cut the long story short, I didn’t realize that I have lost my documents until around 1.00am when I started packing for my journey - first flight out of Abuja to Lagos. I didn’t just lose my work documents that night, I also lost my wallet that contained mostly my identifications. I could not be sure if I probably misplaced my items at the ‘garden’, or in the taxi that took me home.

I managed and kept my appointment in Lagos the next day, but wasn’t as confident as I ought to be because of the trauma of the previous night. I spent a lot of time and money starting the process of recovery of some of my IDs.

Surprisingly, I got a call 6 days later from my mechanic who told me that he found my documents and identifications. It happened that I forgot my things in a taxi that fateful night and the driver of the taxi and I coincidentally use the same mechanic. Lucky!

The driver narrated that he discovered the forgotten things in his car the following morning and didn’t know how to reach the owner. He had come to fix his car and was just telling our mechanic in passing about somethings a passenger forgot in his vehicle some days ago.

Apparently, out of curiosity, our mechanic decided to have a look at the missing things and recognized my name in one of the IDs. That was how I got my stuffs back.

Now, this unfortunate incident got me thinking about what people often go through. It became clear to me that Nigerians needs a central place that is easily accessible to members of the public where they can report their lost, misplaced or missing items. It is often an all-overish, the sense of loss we feel after losing a property and the dilemma some often face when they discover someone’s lost item without knowing how to reach them.

So, together with my team we came up with FindMissingThings.com – an intelligent online lost and found matching platform that uses complex algorithm to automatically match a reported lost item with the person who reported to have found the item.

It is easy to use – Register – Report your lost or found item and let our system do the matching and user notification!

Findmissingthings.com – giving users another opportunity to find, discover or locate their otherwise lost properties.

It is never lost, until you search on our platform!

So, dear friends, whenever you lost an item or found someone’s missing item, don’t forget to upload it on FindMissingThings.com.

Please like our Facebook page, follow us Twitter @FindMissingThings

Visit https://findmissingthings.com

(1) (Reply)

Samsung A8+ Screen 4 Sale / Intercom Nigeria 07000012233 / Call Center In Lagos Call Whatsapp 07000700111

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.