Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

17 Year Old Orphan Goes To The Same School As Her 10-Month Old Son - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 17 Year Old Orphan Goes To The Same School As Her 10-Month Old Son (732 Views)

Lagos Reopens Chrisland School As Probe Of Dubai Sex Scandal Continues / Triplets Complete Same School With Same GPA Score Of 4.0 / Moment Mum Taking Selfies On An Escalator Drops Her 10-mth-old Baby To Her Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Year Old Orphan Goes To The Same School As Her 10-Month Old Son by Seeksnigeria: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Update from

Rita Awuni, a 17-year-old orphan, has returned to school after giving birth to her son, defying the social stigma and stereotype to continue her education, [url][/url] gathers.

The new mother gave birth to her son, Sampson Awuni, and soon returned to school in February this year, said Senyuiedzorm Awusi Adadevoh, a Ghanaian photojournalist, in a Facebook post.

Unlike other students elsewhere, Rita is fortunate to be in the same school with her child and can breastfeed or provide him with a hot beverage during break time, thanks to a special arrangement her school put in place for her.

Sharing Awuni's story on Facebook, Senyuiedzorm indicated that her attention was driven to the sight of a teenager with a baby strapped to her back in school.

She said, ''Rita Awuni, a teenage orphan, returned to school in February this year after giving birth to her son Sampson Awuni.

''Very taken by the sight, I asked her how she manages the child during school, and she tells me a most "amazing" thing, "Oh he goes to The KG side and I go to breastfeed or give him 'koko' at break time,'' an arrangement her school put in place for her."

She continued: ''... Rita who together with her son sleeps at the art centre sells pure water after school for their upkeep. Rita could not hide her confusion of my fascination with her, to ease her up I said to her

"you see, not long ago I had to put my child at my back to work just like this, but I am 40 years old" that made her smile and started talking to me and gladly stood for the photos.''

See More Photos :
https:///17-year-old-orphan-goes-to-the-same-school-as-her-10-month-old-son/

1 Like

Re: 17 Year Old Orphan Goes To The Same School As Her 10-Month Old Son by Seeksnigeria: 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
My God give her strength to pull through
Re: 17 Year Old Orphan Goes To The Same School As Her 10-Month Old Son by Skillsnigeria: 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
The lord will deliver una
Re: 17 Year Old Orphan Goes To The Same School As Her 10-Month Old Son by BornorBang: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
You're an orphan and you got pregnant ?? Or was she raped?
Re: 17 Year Old Orphan Goes To The Same School As Her 10-Month Old Son by Sixsigmahub: 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nothing wey moustache no go see for inside nose shocked

(1) (Reply)

Literature-In-English Practice Tests For WASSCE, NECO and UTME / ASUU Strike: The Sorry State Of Being A Lecturer / Minister Of Labor Walks Out On ASUU During Strike Resolution Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.