Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution (3064 Views)

Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele / Malami: Collection Of VAT By FIRS Remains / States Government, Not FIRS To Collect VAT Federal High Court Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by BarryBoy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
RIVERS VAT JUDGEMENT

Governor Wike exposes letter written by FIRS to amend the constitution when they discovered they were about to lose in court.

Explains the case was instituted in 2020 but in July 2021 the Chairman of FIRS tried to ammend the Constitution through the back door to transfer VAT collection to the exclusive legislative.

"In June N15.1bn was collected as taxes in Rivers State but 4.7bn was given to Rivers State, 46.4bn was collected from Lagos State and but Lagos was given N9.3bn.

Kano generated 2.8bn and got 2.8bn.

Have you seen the injustice in this Country ? I would not be Governor forever, it's not about me but about the system.

Let the right thing be done".

~ Gov. Nyesom Wike.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by ojkalito(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
The south has been sleeping for too long, allowing these parasites pull us down

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by ChiefSosa(m): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
I'm beginning to like this Wike man. Maybe I'll take him to Chicken republic or Mr. Biggs one day. WIKE IS DOING WELL!!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Mangekyo: 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
They suddenly want the constitution amended because they're now at loss. Be like dem swear for all these abōkis. Idiotic parasites

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by saintjimos(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
South is making me proud

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by chiiraq802(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
Naija matter don tire me. The same way US and other European countries came to evacuate people from Afghanistan, won't dey offer such gesture to Nigerians. make we kukuma leave this Country for Naija politicians, Fulani herdsmen, Soldiers, Police and Naija feminist to enjoy.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Christistruth00: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
It may have deliberately been done by the initial Constitution Writers so that the States could have their own individual source of income

The past VAT payments should also be recovered and refunded by the federal Government

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Zooposki(f): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
What of stamp duty?
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Veryfoolishboy: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
ojkalito:
The south has been sleeping for too long, allowing these parasites pull us down
The South is actually it's own enemy.

Look at the states not passing the bill to stop open grazing. Look at South East trying to pull down South West.. look at south east, trying to sub Niger-deltan.

If y'all support each other, you'll be a much stronger force, but you all won't.

9 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Like for wike share for Tinubu

9 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by PrinceOfLagos: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wike is doing well

The rest of the southern governors should wake up from slumber, it's about time.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Veryfoolishboy: 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
fuckingAyaya:

You are a fool

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
Veryfoolishboy:

You are a fool
you are ur moniker ,Eran ko

8 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by daddytime(m): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
The leaches must be stopped in their tracks, and the time is now.

I'd advise the Southern Governors and Legislators to build on and take advantage of this momentum to achieve this aim.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Felimax(m): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
Rivers remain the GIANT of South/South. Kudos Wike!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Whazar(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
wickedest Wike
nah men you be

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by lwisee: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
Interesting

Tiri gbosas for Governor Wike

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by dasparrow: 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good to know. I love the decision taken by Wike regarding this VAT matter. I see Northern politicians getting really worried and desperate.
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Cyberterror: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2021
Even if the national assembly manages to use hook and crook to transfer it to the exclusive list, two-thirds of states will still have to ratify it to become law and no southern state plus Benue and Plateau will agree to that proposal.
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Fortune109: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
Las las education is the key...the educated south will eventually win Nigeria
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by blahc007: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
BarryBoy:
RIVERS VAT JUDGEMENT

Governor Wike exposes letter written by FIRS to amend the constitution when they discovered they were about to lose in court.

Explains the case was instituted in 2020 but in July 2021 the Chairman of FIRS tried to ammend the Constitution through the back door to transfer VAT collection to the exclusive legislative.

"In June N15.1bn was collected as taxes in Rivers State but 4.7bn was given to Rivers State, 46.4bn was collected from Lagos State and but Lagos was given N9.3bn.

Kano generated 2.8bn and got 2.8bn.

Have you seen the injustice in this Country ? I would not be Governor forever, it's not about me but about the system.

Let the right thing be done".

~ Gov. Nyesom Wike.
How do we get this man to head this country 2023....his agbero style na em fit Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Onepeople: 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Veryfoolishboy:

The South is actually it's own enemy.

Look at the states not passing the bill to stop open grazing. Look at South East trying to pull down South West.. look at south east, trying to sub Niger-deltan.

If y'all support each other, you'll be a much stronger force, but you all won't.
how many state in the west have passed the open grazing ban into law in the west? And how many in the east?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by OBALOLA55(m): 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
Christistruth00:

It may have deliberately been done by the initial Constitution Writers so that the States could have their own individual source of income

The past VAT payments should also be recovered and refunded by the federal Government
ABOKKI YOU SURE SAY THE NEWS NOR PAIN YOU

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by KoleDgreat2020(m): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
this is not necessary....Lagos is on the same page with Rivers State on this

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by poiZon: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
saintjimos:
South is making me proud
Hmm don't be so quick to praise south when hope uzodinma, dave umahi are around.
Those 2 can go to court to seek status quo be maintained. Ah i forgot our amiable ayade...
The centre plugger
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Truthissupreme: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
The one who wrote it is an aboki the one it is addressed to is an aboki

Aboki called for "brothers keeper"

We can see the parasites in panic mode
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Truthissupreme: 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2021
poiZon:

Hmm don't be so quick to praise south when hope uzodinma, dave umahi are around.
Those 2 can go to court to seek status quo be maintained. Ah i forgot our amiable ayade...
The centre plugger
The way e dey go now na all state for itself

Who want progress would get it and leave the unprepared
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by Christistruth00: 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
OBALOLA55:
ABOKKI YOU SURE SAY THE NEWS NOR PAIN YOU

Osun State is not Aboki

Remember the 1999 Constitution was an Update of the 1979 Constitution written under Gen Obasanjo it could have been done to give States their own income Sources deliberately
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by ComrdDRS1: 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ortomatic Ortom and Wike no wonder they are friends
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by talk2hb1(m): 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2021
Watching
Re: Governor Wike Exposes Letter Written By FIRS To Amend The Constitution by 2rez: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
chiiraq802:
Naija matter don tire me. The same way US and other European countries came to evacuate people from Afghanistan, won't dey offer such gesture to Nigerians. make we kukuma leave this Country for Naija politicians, Fulani herdsmen, Soldiers, Police and Naija feminist to enjoy.

grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: El-rufai Gave Up His Official Seat For Asiwaju During His Visit To Kaduna / Is This Why Tinubu Is Called The Biggest Landlord In Nigeria / Tinubu One Million March In Delta State Is Something Else �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.