Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle (1388 Views)

Tokunboh Mazda Cx9 2010 For Sale, 9m,Sold! / I Need A Tokunboh Audi A4 Or Any Good Audi Product / I have Sold my Very clean tokunboh Toyota Camry LE cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
A friend just bought Toyota sienna 2004 model LE. Origin of the car is California in USA.
Is it advisable to remove thermostat and make the fans work immediately the ignition is ON?
What are the implications on fuel consumption?

ALL PROFESSIONALS in the house, I need your candid advise.
Car users too your advice and opinions are all welcome
Gazzuzz and others over to you
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by Mrkumareze(m): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
I have one of my Toyota I bought in 2015, I have the car in good condition upto this moment, people shouted remove remove the thermostat but I no agree. They ll try to put fear in u
Leave the engine as it comes, don't be fooled by our mechanic, they should produce their own engine and tell us how to use it..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by Nembeboi: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please do not remove it. The oyibo wey put thermostat no be mumu. Don't listen to unlearned people who advises such.
Its healthy for an engine to ve its thermostat. Imagine a car built in 2004 and has had its thermostat since then. It then gets to Nigeria and a person says u shud remove it. The person for kuku advise make u remove the headlight say e no good to use headlights for Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
Thanks bro
Mrkumareze:
I have one of my Toyota I bought in 2015, I have the car in good condition upto this moment, people shouted remove remove the thermostat but I no agree. They ll try to put fear in u
Leave the engine as it comes, don't be fooled by our mechanic, they should produce their own engine and tell us how to use it..

1 Like

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
But how can we know faulty thermostat ?
Nembeboi:
Please do not remove it. The oyibo wey put thermostat no be mumu. Don't listen to unlearned people who advises such.
Its healthy for an engine to ve its thermostat. Imagine a car built in 2004 and has had its thermostat since then. It then gets to Nigeria and a person says u shud remove it. The person for kuku advise make u remove the headlight say e no good to use headlights for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by isaac1885(m): 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please don't remove the thermostat. I removed mine but engine started overheating after 2 weeks. I had to buy another one, slot it in and car run fine till date. Those meco nah olodo.

8 Likes

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by id4sho(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
cheesy
isaac1885:
Please don't remove the thermostat. I removed mine but engine started overheating after 2 weeks. I had to buy another one, slot it in and car run fine till date. Those meco nah olodo.
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by oladipuposadeeq(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
isaac1885:
most of them dey dig person grave unknowingly, some mechanics don ruin family relationships pass women themselves up till date lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 8:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Thank you sir. What's the maker of your car?
isaac1885:
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
Omg!!!!
That's serious ooooooo
oladipuposadeeq:
most of them dey dig person grave unknowingly, some mechanics don ruin family relationships pass women themselves up till date lipsrsealed
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
People opinions are welcome
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by diportivo: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
spicesgoke:

of all the ones given here,it's been unanimous that thermostat shld stay and you still seek more?

okay

remove it....our region is too hot compared to where the car is coming from...if you don't remove thermostat it will overheat

also,connect the fan direct so that it will be blowing come rain come shine,ac or off

when you enter your street,na ur fan neighbors go take sabi say u don reach....afterall,a fan is meant to be rolling

carbon build up won't do much,only damage ur engine so it's no big deal....our brothers are importing engines everyday because of people like you

carry go....nothing do you

3 Likes

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by weyreypey: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
spicesgoke:
Don't mind the comedians here. Remove the nonsense thermostat... it's for cold regions alone
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by id4sho(m): 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
weyreypey:

Don't mind the comedians here. Remove the nonsense thermostat... it's for cold regions alone
shocked take note of this moniker "weyrey"

1 Like

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by dru23(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2021
weyreypey:

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by Kreamie(m): 7:46am On Sep 11, 2021
SirKazeem
weyreypey:

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by alphabbey1(m): 7:48am On Sep 11, 2021
Leave the thermostat bro, ignore all those clown that advice against it.

1 Like

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by weyreypey: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2021
alphabbey1:
Leave the thermostat bro, ignore all those clown that a.dvice against it.
Be sincere. He should remove all the nonsensical thermostat the car industries are very silly for putting them... Despite spending billions of dollars on research all of them together....

1 Like

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by id4sho(m): 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
weyreypey:

Be sincere. He should remove all the nonsensical thermostat the car industries are very silly for putting them... Despite spending billions of dollars on research all of them together....
Go and tell MIKANO Generators,INNOSON& PAN PEUGEOT to remove them
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by weyreypey: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
id4sho:

Go and tell MIKANO Gen.erators,INNOSON& PAN PEUGEOT to remove them
I used Peugeot 505 the thermostat was removed...instead 2by2 woods were used there.... Mtcheeew
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ok
alphabbey1:
Leave the thermostat bro, ignore all those clown that advice against it.
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by paymentvoucher: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
My 2010 Corolla is still doing very well with its Thermostat intact kiss

Please leave the thermostat bro.
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by id4sho(m): 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Vaginarian:
I removed thermostat on Monday, Car knocks on Wednesday.

I regret removing that shiitt
Oops angry , which vehicle was that?
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
Give us more information on it please, I discovered when the AC is on the temp is below ½ on the temperaturegauge. Which simply means the engine work minimum temp when the AC is on
Vaginarian:
I removed thermostat on Monday, Car knocks on Wednesday.

I regret removing that shiitt
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 3:04pm On May 29, 2022
I have covered over 7000miles without removing the thermostat and the still function well without any single issue! AC cold like Moscow Town, the temperature gauge never reach ½ scale and I used it atimes without putting on AC. THE temperature fall below averageon express
spicesgoke:
A friend just bought Toyota sienna 2004 model LE. Origin of the car is California in USA.
Is it advisable to remove thermostat and make the fans work immediately the ignition is ON?

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by id4sho(m): 3:38pm On May 29, 2022
spicesgoke:
I have covered over 7000miles without removing the thermostat and the still function well without any single issue! AC cold like Moscow Town, the temperature gauge never reach ½ scale and I used it atimes without putting on AC. THE temperature fall below averageon express
Great, just always observe your instrument cluster periodically when driving in case of thermostat failure. I think thermostat last 100,000miles before failing, it might be newly installed or on it way out. Good luck
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2022
Thank you so much sir, for professional advice
id4sho:

Great, just always observe your instrument cluster periodically when driving in case of thermostat failure. I think thermostat last 100,000miles before failing, it might be newly installed or on it way out. Good luck
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by diportivo: 8:00pm On May 29, 2022
spicesgoke:

spicesgoke:

Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 12:31am On May 30, 2022
Monitoring spirit!
Re: Thermostat In A Tokunboh Vehicle by spicesgoke(m): 12:35am On May 30, 2022
Either own by me or my friend!
Is educative part of it, I expect to you to learn not finding unnecessary issues
diportivo:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand New 2022 Toyota Prado V6 For Sale In Nigeria. / Naija Used 2008 Honda Civic For Sale - Abuja. Sold / Clean 2007 Naija Used Honda Accord DC For Sale @1.3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.