Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story (28258 Views)

Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. / Oluwo Of Iwo Walks Out Of Yoruba Event In Port Harcout As Organizers Omit Photo / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Timagex(m): 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
Oyin2212:

Omo your picture nice o. What's your contact?
. Thanks boss.

My WhatsApp digit is 08063793158.

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Omoney72(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
Na so three dogs wey tough for our barracks pursue me that year ...
Na God sey make my friend and him mama dey there I for dey carry the mark waka now shocked
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by JackWolfskin: 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nwatachoba1:

Well well well

Look what we have here

All this things na myth

I dey chop dog mean and suck d bones dry

And my very good friend get dog called myrrh (maya)

She dey 2yrs plus, loves playing with me.... why she no dey bark at me

Na Mumu dog. I dedicate this poem to her.

...Sticky like Myrrh

...Double Agent, skin her fur.

...betrayal of the Pack.

...runt of the Litter.

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Ayofaks(f): 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
meedoLock:
This is what killed a man in our area back them, this man don't only kill and eat dogs but will also make it with soup, gather his folks who also eat dogs and sell to them, there are times other dogs back at him furiously which made my mum asked him why dogs bark at his sight, he laugh and told my mum that they do that because he fist on them. The day he brought a strange lost dog home and tied down, this dog became sick and the man started showing all the symptoms the dog was showing, his people were adviced to return the sick dog where he picked it, the man died few days later. Not all animals are meant to be killed and fist upon o.

Feast

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by denjjy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
This is a common practice in my village, a dog can easily be charmed using a few of incantations. One of our dogs was charmed in sometimes in 1995 when she went to steal a meat from the frypan of one wicked old man in the neighbouring street...the man vowed to deal mercilessly with her and few hours later she started biting everything at home including her own puppies, painfully we were compels to kill her so that it will implicate us. Juju is real and Africa tradition is real.

To the doubting Thomas, you can visit Ondo south to ask how an incantation is used to make food get stuck up in the throat. Or how a simple incantation can be said to remove fish bone get stuck in someone's throat.

However, when you have Christ in you, none of this wicked incantations will be effective on you or your pets....if you don't have him in you, you and your belongings may be susceptible to an attack.

4 Likes

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by advanceDNA: 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
illicit:
I eat dog meat, I have dogs

They lick my hands anytime I eat dog meat

U are a rare specimen...
U have dogs as pet, yet u eat them.?

Guy...u must be a serial killer

3 Likes

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by LikeAking: 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
How can I learn these incantations?
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by ouvredeparis: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
bestman09:
grin
The most interesting thing is that dogs don't eat dog meat, no matter how you garnish it. I had personally tried to trick dogs with dog meat but immediately they smell it, they go away, unlike other animals eat their kind

Add cannabis when cooking it... They'll eat to their satisfaction
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by kemicalreact: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ishilove:

This is so... I have no words embarassed angry

Uncle, dogs are adorable and eating them is akin to cannibalism. Please if you eat dogs I urge you to cease and desist so that they will allow you pass in peace anytime you get close to them.
Dogs are adorable, so also are pigs. Do you eat pork?

2 Likes

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by OriOko88(m): 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kondomatic:
There was a day I went to deliver something somewhere and saw about 7 - 10 dogs giving a man on a bike a hot chase.

They were all barking.

The road was bad so the man couldn't speed up his bike and the dogs were gaining on him grin

He too started shouting.

It was a funny sight.

Learned later that he sells dog pepper soup

Lolzzz cheesy cheesy
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by illicit(m): 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
thedio:

Can u eat a foreign dog

No o

They take Injections
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by illicit(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2021
advanceDNA:

U are a rare specimen...
U have dogs as pet, yet u eat them.?

Guy...u must be a serial killer

No o

I eat local dogs....
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by FILEBE(m): 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ishilove:

Yep

Na wa o. Na them Chiuaua type abi GSD?
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by meedoLock(m): 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ayofaks:

Feast

Noted

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Ishilove: 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
kemicalreact:
Dogs are adorable, so also are pigs. Do you eat pork?
Nope
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by kemicalreact: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ishilove:

Nope
Better! I guess you have the moral high ground to criticize dog eaters. tongue
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by VEHINTOLAR: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
Baba Ulli Beier ! Such a great and illustrious son of Osogbo though of Jewish ancestry from Germany. You can't talk about the history of Osogbo without mentioning Ulli Beier and Iya Susan Wenger (Adunni Olorisa) ,his ex wife. They both impacted Osogbo artistically and positively.

May Eledumare repose the souls of all these great Omoluabis,including that of the late Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Adenle.

Osogbo,Ilu Aro,Oroki asala !

3 Likes

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Ishilove: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
JosephXavier:
But this write up is too long

I know it's educational but it would have been great if you had shortened it more
The article is not long and I enjoyed every bit of it.

1 Like

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Ishilove: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2021
Double post
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by b3llo(m): 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
Kondomatic:
There was a day I went to deliver something somewhere and saw about 7 - 10 dogs giving a man on a bike a hot chase.

They were all barking.

The road was bad so the man couldn't speed up his bike and the dogs were gaining on him grin

He too started shouting.

It was a funny sight.

Learned later that he sells dog pepper soup
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by b3llo(m): 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2021
bestman09:
grin
The most interesting thing is that dogs don't eat dog meat, no matter how you garnish it. I had personally tried to trick dogs with dog meat but immediately they smell it, they go away, unlike other animals eat their kind
I once fed a dog with a dog meat. I did that and it was surprisingly to me
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Bluebolt: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2021
We had a dog sometimes in 1992 to 1996.
Up till now every member of our family including our neighbours then, could remember one or two things about the dog. The dog was so smart, that almost all the wonders that the dogs of nowadays perform are not new to me. "Coffee" was super smart, if it heard any one of us singing for more than 15 seconds, it would joing you by howling then making you sing off-key.
It could understand many commands even as we did not dedicate any time to train it.
We were into full-time agriculture then, so it used to follow us to our farms.
It would kill some animals like grass cutters and giant rats for us. without human assistance it killed many snakes, cobra most of the times. When it was younger, it used to pay for every cobra it killed by having closed swollen eyes the following day but after a while it was executing them perfectly without consequences.
The dog was also very protective too, you can't stroll into our compound anyhow.
Coffee was infected by vulvovaginitis, it suffered a lot of pain and it was always hidding itself away from us, it lost appetite after we tried all we could to heal it, my dad asked my elder brothers to take it to the old hunter that gave it to us, to help us euthanize it.
After it demise, a scoundrel claimed that he was the one that used jazz on the dog, because it attacked him and tore his trousers.
It was resently that I started realising that the dog was not a pure ekuuke terrier but more like a pit bull mix, because of the shape of it head, the width of it chest, it height, it stance and the colour of it coat(coffee and white).
It memory always make me crave for another smart terrier.

4 Likes

Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by elpochas: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
Let me jst share these,the very first and last day my two uncles came to our house to pay us a visit from the Village,immediately they left our house,one of our Dog then rushed into the parlour and urinated on the very chair the bad one sat on.i was to young to understand then,that i almost killed the Dog that day.That my uncle schooled,and was deported from India years back.A man that does all type of Evil himself.Only God knws what he came with that day.
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Kondomatic(m): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Nwatachoba1:

Well well well

Look what we have here

All this things na myth

I dey chop dog mean and suck d bones dry

And my very good friend get dog called myrrh (maya)

She dey 2yrs plus, loves playing with me.... why she no dey bark at me

Ask am when she comes to play again.
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Oyin2212(m): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
Timagex:
. Thanks boss.

My WhatsApp digit is 08063793158.
Ok na
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by ipswitch: 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2021
Great story! We'll forever celebrate Ulli Beier in Yoruba history,
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by HomoDroid(m): 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
It will shock most people that some ibile people have certain sets of words (incantations) that when uttered against any type of dog, it would simply fall down and die! It has been demonstrated in my presence to a random dog. When I inquired, the dude simply laughed and said i need to know the traditional name of dogs, to achieve that result, but the dude refused to teach me, saying it's not for everyone to know! He concluded that any wise dog that sees him or any of his siblings would dare not back!
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by supereagle(m): 5:51am On Sep 15, 2021
Ishilove:
I am a dog lover and owner, and having lived with them for over twenty years, I am able to read them almost 100% accurately. This is why I found this article I will be posting below delightfully fascinating. A Facebook user and member of the private Facebook group, The Nigerian Nostalgia 1960 -1980 Project David Fatumbi narrated an interesting story about Ulli Beier's experience with his dog and a dog eating Oya priest.

https://web./nigeriannostalgiaproject/posts/6430705176970210/

Modern day hunters don't appear this way again. This one should be a warrior than hunter.
Re: Dog Magic Of Yoruba Hunters- Ulli Beier's Story by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2021
JackWolfskin:

Na Mumu dog. I dedicate this poem to her.

...Sticky like Myrrh

...Double Agent, skin her fur.

...betrayal of the Pack.

...runt of the Litter.

ROTFL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Estate Mogul Adron Homes GMD Pays Homage To New Olubadan / How Can Blood Oath Be Broken? / Ancient African Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.