Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam (30677 Views)

EFCC Arrests and Jails Solomon Martin King for Romance Scam (photo) / Four Nigerian Students In Canada Wanted For $2 Million Dollar Romance Scam / EFCC Re-arraigns American Over $1.2m ‘green Card Fraud’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Hotstew(m): 1:55am On Sep 09, 2021
ST. LOUIS – On September 7, 2021, Rotimi Oladimeji and Olumide Akinrinmade appeared before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri on a romance scam. The men were arrested in Texas on August 9th after the return of a federal indictment charging mail fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy to commit mail fraud and wire fraud, and aggravated identity theft. The grand jury returned the sealed indictment on July 28th.

According to the indictment, in October 2019, a resident of the Eastern District of Missouri began communicating on an internet dating site with Oladimeji, who was purporting to be G.J. As part of the fraud, Oladimeji bolstered his impersonation of G.J. with a LinkedIn profile in the name of G.J., the picture of a different individual, and a completely fictitious background. Shortly after beginning the online romance, Oladimeji, in the guise of G.J., purported to need help with an urgent business issue while he was traveling in the United Arab Emirates.

Through the G.J. identity, Oladimeji directed the victim to electronically transfer funds from the Eastern District of Missouri to banks in Saudi Arabia and to send money by Federal Express to Akinrinmade’s residence in Texas. The money was subsequently deposited into financial accounts opened by Oladimeji, Akinrinmade, and others. As a result, between October 23, 2019 and April 26, 2020, the victim electronically transmitted and sent through Federal Express, $1,200,000 to, and on behalf of, Oladimeji and Akinrinmade.

Charges set forth in the indictment are merely accusations and do not constitute proof of guilt. Every defendant is presumed to be innocent unless and until proven guilty.

The case was investigated by Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edmo/pr/two-texas-men-charged-stealing-over-million-dollars-romance-scam
https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/romance-scam-missouri-woman-sends-1-2m-to-faux-beau/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Bluntguy: 2:38am On Sep 09, 2021
I only rushed to check the names of the Nigerian men. I am okay now.

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 09, 2021
Thesame people...

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Kriely(m): 4:38am On Sep 09, 2021
G.J

Goodluck don dey do yahoo? undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Sonnobax15(m): 5:03am On Sep 09, 2021
grin
Mugu no dey go Lagos grin

Las las cha, nothing sweet reach legit hustle....... What's the essence of scamming people and at the end you'll be caught and prosecuted.... You'll likely lose all the money you've scammed....

Yahoo money dey sweet oh but if e cast for you,na then you go know say na two types of water dey this life undecided

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by MikeMicheal(m): 5:04am On Sep 09, 2021
1.2million dollars just like that, to someone you have never met physically all in the name of love.
SOME OYIMBO PEOPLE TOO MUMU

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Vv

1 Like

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Damage upon damage on the country's reputation.

angry angry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Judolisco(m): 5:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Dis boys be shaming us everywhere... Yahoo no be hustle o na thief you be and u r not different from our politicians ....u complain of d system over here and u r fortunate to get out of d country only to continue with d same nonsense .... angry angry angry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by DevilsEqual(m): 5:05am On Sep 09, 2021
You exchange good for evil
You enrich them and you get nothing in return... Life tho
Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Seniorwriter(m): 5:05am On Sep 09, 2021
SMH.....

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by joespiceman(m): 5:08am On Sep 09, 2021
They are guilty, no need to provr
Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by michlins(m): 5:09am On Sep 09, 2021
These people disgracing Nigeria like tomorrow no dey.

But na bubu disgrace is pass

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Timi45: 5:10am On Sep 09, 2021
All these useless scammers have tarnished Nigeria making every Nigerian a fraud suspect. Many Nigerians because of acts like these go through hell in embassies and airport around the world.
Can you use the computer for legit business? Must you scam?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Ogbuu101: 5:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Yoruba ppl spoiling Nigeria's name again.
Na so Michael Adebowale and Michael Adebolajo go behead British soldier for broad daylight in the UK thereby adding Nigeria to the international terrorist list.
Someone should give me that list of those on death row for drug offences in Saudi Arabia again.

CC Abike Dabiri

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Powersurge: 5:11am On Sep 09, 2021
michlins:
These people disgracing Nigeria like tomorrow no dey.

But na bubu disgrace is pass

Our politicians are making Nigeria proud like "tomorrow no dey".

Everything is cause and effect. "Omo taa ko lo n gbele ta ko ta"

2 Likes

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by princeogbeide1(m): 5:11am On Sep 09, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by deltateam: 5:11am On Sep 09, 2021
embarassed

Crime has no ethnicity. It's global and must be condemed.

No NCAN and name calling crap. Everybody take note.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by gasparpisciotta: 5:11am On Sep 09, 2021
Some people are hell bent on spoiling Nigeria’s badly battered image.....nonsense

1 Like

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by favour32(m): 5:13am On Sep 09, 2021
Slawomiir!
Na your colleagues for HK nai dem dey talk so...abi na you do am after you done smoke Igbo finish come dey nak pussy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 09, 2021
$1.2m
Thats just one of many we dont hear or talk about.

Since the useless Nigerian govt has decided to turn her graduates to akara vendors,

Its sad when you drive past bus-stops and see old school mates having a wheelbarrow truck doing akara and puff-puff business by the side of the road. Graduate for that matter.

Who no like better thing ona think say na everybody go gree channel their energy into such ventures?

Your average Nigerian youth also wants to drive thaose fancy cars your politician children use after embezzling govt funds, them get two heads, who no like better thing?

A whole lot would choose to go into some dubious ways to get that money.

Shoutout to my akara frying graduate and those who hasnt got them certificate but doing whats morally right to survive.

Las las, i blame the Nigerian govt because

Provide theses kids their basic amenities, the Average Nigerian youth will thrive because they are a whole bunch of resourceful people.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by michlins(m): 5:14am On Sep 09, 2021
Powersurge:

Our politicians are making Nigeria proud like "tomorrow no dey".

Everything is cause and effect. "Omo taa ko lo n gbele ta ko ta"
all of them are torn from same clothes

They're all criminals
Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by dkdmy: 5:15am On Sep 09, 2021
The quest for quick money!!! Politician, bandits, kidnappers, yahoo… Many people need to check their core values

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by hotwax: 5:15am On Sep 09, 2021
MikeMicheal:
1.2million dollars just like that, to someone you have never met physically all in the name of love.
SOME OYIMBO PEOPLE TOO MUMU

So you think the human rituals. Ladies pants wey yahoo boys dey steal up and down...you think na for play abi...

Even if the catch Biden, na so he go wire money

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by whela(m): 5:18am On Sep 09, 2021
No be today..its not new...
Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Richieniit: 5:20am On Sep 09, 2021
Bluntguy:

I'm from abia state and grew up in aba... Honestly you Bleep up. Stop this tribalism and grow up. No one gives a Bleep if you are ok or not undecided just try grow up pls

9 Likes

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Spending123: 5:20am On Sep 09, 2021
Bluntguy:

Nah them?

9 Likes

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 09, 2021
What baffles me is most Nigerians do not see scamming and looting as any offence, but as being smart. This worries me so much. But when the scammers become victims, they go to any length even as far as assassinating those who scammed them. This worries me sp much. Really, I dont see any hope in this present generation. Only God and urgent attention and continuous education, most esp providing jobs for youths can fix this situation.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by cardoctor(m): 5:21am On Sep 09, 2021
Z
Re: Missouri Woman Losses $1.2M To Two Nigerian Men In Romance Scam by Spending123: 5:21am On Sep 09, 2021
Richieniit:

I'm from abia state and grew up in aba... Honestly you Bleep up. Stop this tribalism and grow up. No one gives a Bleep if you are ok or not undecided just try grow up pls

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RRS Arrests Chairman Of Pickpockets In Oshodi, 21 Others / Husband Bites His Wife While Allegedly Brutalizing Her, Lady Shares Photos / ATM Analyst Connived With Fraudsters To Steal Over N20m From Customers(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.