Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion (14510 Views)

Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi / Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) / N143 Billion Budgeted For 2019 Election Can Lift 14M Nigerians Out Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by chelsea1116(m): 5:43am On Sep 09, 2021
Give this man a chance. I rate him 0 in this administration but i trust him and i really like him.

Jus giv him a chance..he wil do good. Yoruba shld leave Tinubu and promote a good man.
Na we dey do ourselves for ds country.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by BigYash: 5:43am On Sep 09, 2021
This guy has ideas,but that dullard and the cabals won't let him do anything.. They only send him on errand,whenever they wish
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by popez: 5:44am On Sep 09, 2021
You won't come out and support the ongoing VAT issue.

Tomorrow you will tell your gullible followers that you're in support of restructuring, when it's obvious you are one and the same with Buhari. undecided

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:45am On Sep 09, 2021
TheRareGem1:

The Vice President added, “For Africa, there is perhaps a more significant challenge. In the past two years, the wealthier countries, after building their economies on fossil fuels, are now banning or restricting public investments in fossil fuels, including gas.

“Seven European countries, including France, Germany, and the United Kingdom, announced that they would halt public funding for certain fossil fuel projects abroad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/reducing-customs-procedures-can-lift-nigeria-others-by-250bn-osinbajo/%3famp
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by cardoctor(m): 5:45am On Sep 09, 2021
Wew
will never understand it.
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by mmsen: 5:48am On Sep 09, 2021
He forgets that all these 'procedures' is what allows all these useless government officials to extort people which is how most of these clowns make their real money.
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by richmond500: 5:56am On Sep 09, 2021
Eagle360:
In a sane country a Prof. will be the President while O'level holder will be the Cleaner or Messenger. But Nigeria case is different
in Nigeria, most graduates are useless, so it isn't about cert

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by maybanks: 6:01am On Sep 09, 2021
impressive thought from the VP
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by coronavirus19: 6:03am On Sep 09, 2021
I came to tell you dollar is now #560
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by AdeniyiA(m): 6:06am On Sep 09, 2021
Isn't it interesting that our politicians would come out to present us with breathtaking plans and documents on what can revolutionize the economy and eradicate poverty and that's all, it ends there, they go home to sleep telling us they've performed wonders? shocked
I have never seen the most Clueless, visionless and inept polithievians like these. All talks but no actions undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Guyman02: 6:10am On Sep 09, 2021
richmond500:
Just watch as children of 8 and perdition weh no go fit draw a feasibility plan of akara business go come deh insults Osinbajo.

2023, I want to see Osinbajo, Zulum, Umahi, Amaechi and Peter Obi in govt, they are the only visionary leaders we know
Relax, don't start your day with quarrel
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Kay25(m): 6:11am On Sep 09, 2021
richmond500:
Just watch as children of 8 and perdition weh no go fit draw a feasibility plan of akara business go come deh insults Osinbajo.

2023, I want to see Osinbajo, Zulum, Umahi, Amaechi and Peter Obi in govt, they are the only visionary leaders we know
only two are viable
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Raph82(m): 6:11am On Sep 09, 2021
benzine:
Why is this man always throwing figures about with hypothetical nonsense, trying to sound smart? $250b is more than US exports to the EU.
And what give u assurance that we can't beat US hands down if we are really serious with our economy?
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by richmond500: 6:14am On Sep 09, 2021
Kay25:

only two are viable
who are the two?

Osinbajo and Zulum?
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by AdeniyiA(m): 6:18am On Sep 09, 2021
maybanks:
impressive thought from the VP

Yes, impressive THOUGHT, and that's where it all ends, it never sees the light of d day, it's the usual political statement fromm our leaders.
What I know a good leader/govt does is to set the ball rolling on a good idea as this and come out with the progress report, not the usual phrases from our leaders - - SET TO, PLAN TO, IS TO,... etc and all other balderdash while the country sinks lower on poverty angry

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Joylove2324(f): 6:19am On Sep 09, 2021
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by israelmao(m): 6:19am On Sep 09, 2021
Osinbajo has better understanding of the dynamics of governance if APC fields him as presidential candidate other political parties most especially PDP will find it difficult to sail through.
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by oliverano: 6:23am On Sep 09, 2021
undecided

Don't be a Parrot in life, be like the Eagle.
Osi talks way too much with absolutely nothing to show. Tradermoni? Npower? Lmao!!!

They say he understands politics and should be made the president so that he can fully implement his TALKS....NOPE!!!

we need and deseve better.

That's my opinion; quote me all you want!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Kay25(m): 6:27am On Sep 09, 2021
richmond500:
who are the two?

Osinbajo and Zulum?
Osinbajo and Peter obi..
zulum would have been preferable but he is still d same as every northerners are in idealogy

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Teejay13(m): 6:32am On Sep 09, 2021
Prof. Osinbajo is an example of a leader with visionary plan for Nigeria. If he had been the number one Person with the lead say, I believe things would not have gotten this bad in Nigeria.

All the same, we thank God for everything, because the season has taught Nigerian's lot of lessons.

Me personally, my take home from the whole mess is "choose your leader wisely"
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by CasNova(m): 6:34am On Sep 09, 2021
Good thinking.

Without implementation, the idea is as good as useless.
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by sabreal: 6:48am On Sep 09, 2021
Unfortunately, his boss is more interested in blood sucking and flesh eating than economic prosperity

This man still sounds like somebody speaking outside the government. Definition of wasting potentials
TheRareGem1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/reducing-customs-procedures-can-lift-nigeria-others-by-250bn-osinbajo/%3famp
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by joyandfaith: 6:49am On Sep 09, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Government needs to be a lil flexible in allowing ease of doing business to strive, if government is hard on this, foreign investors would find it difficult to invest in the country.

Yes, there are too much bureaucratic procedures in many government offices. Complex , manual way of handling documents encourage corruption. There is for e-governance. Processes should be simplified.
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by kpukpuyenke: 6:55am On Sep 09, 2021
This man is wise

In the seaports there are a lot of goods sitting idle
The turnover rate is damn slow all in the name of paper work.
If they are even doing the right thing it would have been okay. But na how to milk people of money be their target

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Ogbodavies(m): 7:00am On Sep 09, 2021
all talks with too much grammar... no simple ACTION.
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by Lanretoye(m): 7:12am On Sep 09, 2021
tolue42:
We need someone like this man at the zenith or Pinnacle of power to lift millions of Nigerians out of poverty.
im not sure he is who we need,he cant talk up to convince his colleagues to buy his ideas all he does is lecture people who have little or no influence on his ideas.he can aswell champion all these causes in the FEC.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by almarthins(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Government needs to be a lil flexible in allowing ease of doing business to strive, if government is hard on this, foreign investors would find it difficult to invest in the country.

Even common Nigerians can not export because high custom duty. And the mala wey Dem put for there just dey cash out on the people's mysery
Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by slimghost(m): 7:33am On Sep 09, 2021
xamuel17:
Osinbajo aka My hands are tied, apart from impressing us with grammar and false figures .. What else do you sabi ?

Don’t mind the hypocritical talkative. Always talking like an outsider. Let him walk into Buhari’s office and give him all those wonderful suggestions.
Clown!

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by almarthins(m): 7:34am On Sep 09, 2021
kpukpuyenke:
This man is wise

In the seaports there are a lot of goods sitting idle
The turnover rate is damn slow all in the name of paper work.
If they are even doing the right thing it would have been okay. But na how to milk people of money be their target

Congestion in Lagos port, if I tell how much milk from ordinary people last year. You be shocked. A man I know paid 700k just move two cars within apapa port to his house. And now they delibrately allowing the congestion to continue as we have a failed system intact

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion by jaxxy(m): 7:34am On Sep 09, 2021
Another lecture and sermon. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fubara: Don’t Pull The Ladder You Used To Climb Up, Wike Warns / Personal Income Tax Reduced By PITA Ammendment? One Of The "Palliatives" / This " Mbaka Why" Is Now A Slang In Onitsha Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.