Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

The First Step To Study Successfully Is Usually To Do These... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The First Step To Study Successfully Is Usually To Do These... (137 Views)

Step To Use Twitter Without VPN... / "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator / 10 Founders Of Worldwide Brands Who Don’t Usually Show Their Faces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First Step To Study Successfully Is Usually To Do These... by planetpgold(m): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Timothy Here Again,

Frankly, it is really understandable that after an attempt to write the ICAN Exams, you meet with some defeat and as a result, you decide to go into your cocoon and wish everything is going to be alright.

Within a blink of an eye, you start building up fear, doubt which comes in the form of busyness, no time, and procrastination. Whereas, the real reason is that you are afraid to write the exams again.

I understand that this could be frustrating. The first step in doing anything is usually the hardest one. But, it’s doable — it’s a matter of figuring out how to approach the problem. In this case, your first step is to change the way you think about this problem. Here’s what I mean by that.

1. Adjust your MINDSET: When we say, “I can’t” or “I don’t want to” or “I don’t feel like it” you are giving priority to your emotions, therefore you will have an emotional response to the problem. Where is this emotion coming from?

Is it just your current mood or is this a typical reaction to this particular task or others similar to it? Is it a reaction that has become habitual every time you see your textbook? If the answer is yes, maybe it’s your fixed mindset talking.

2. Don’t think of studying as an OBLIGATION: If you want to get rid of this problem, it’s important to identify where the sense of obligation comes from. It can be external or internal.

3. Promise yourself you’ll reach ONE STUDY GOAL a day: If you experience resistance towards your studies every single day, the best way to get your mind on board to begin studying is to ask yourself this question each morning: “What is the one thing I am committed to completing today?”

4. Do the most challenging cognitive tasks FIRST. Doing complex cognitive tasks early means taking advantage of your circadian rhythm — your biological clock that dictates which activities you’re more likely to do best at certain times of the day.

5. To boost memory, STEP AWAY: Getting up from your desk and doing something different is a concept in psychology called the . When we physically remove ourselves from our work, we remember uncompleted (interrupted) tasks better than the ones we already finished.

Knowing what you now know...I believe you can still get started with one course for this diet because if you procrastinate it again then you are actually exhibiting fear.

Want to stop procrastinating and pass your exams, get the simplified and comprehensive lecture videos plus questions and answers. Call 08082366372, 08106989785, 08090820787, 08055828090, 08085835127

Or click on the below link

https://ican.platinumgoldsolutions.com

Dedicated to Your ICAN Exam Success,
Tim Jibodu, FCA

*PlatinumGold 360 Solutions...* Your online, offline ICAN ACCREDITED Lecture Videos That Help ICAN Students Pass Their ICAN Exams Faster, Easier & Cheaper @ One Sitting, Even If You Have Failed Before or Just Starting

Available in: *Android *Desktop *Downloadable Versions*, for: -ICAN -ATS -CITN -CIS -CIPM

(1) (Reply)

CCHSTE ND Admission Form For 2021/2022 / Treat With Urgency: Recommend A Good Mathematics Textbook For Primary One -six / Become A Certified Copywriter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.