Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,871 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive (1436 Views)

1 Month German Shepherd Dog For Sale / 10 Month German Shepherd Dog For Sale / Rate Nikki, My 6 Months Old Caucasian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Nigerianlad: 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2021
I have a 6 month old german shepherd for security reasons but he is too submissive but he doesn't fear people

Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by DoggoneDogg: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Submissive? Obviously a Feminist shepherd.
They treat all criminals as equal
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by fnep2smooth(m): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Give am Ghana SK. grin grin
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by longetivity(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
Abeg the dog na introvert grin
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by slowice(m): 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dog nor like wahala.... Live and let live grin life's too short to bark all day and chase worthless humans around undecided
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by JoeSoapy: 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
Still give it time
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Nigerianlad: 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
JoeSoapy:
Still give it time

I'll give it maximum 1yr
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Nigerianlad: 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Submissive? Obviously a Feminist shepherd.
They treat all criminals as equal

what do you mean?
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by DoggoneDogg: 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
Nigerianlad:

what do you mean?

I mean that the half caste ekuke believes in specie equality
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by BRATISLAVA: 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Men don't want submissive dogs, but they want submissive women. Wonderment.

Lovely pup though.
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Frenzy01(m): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2021
Give it time.
Cage it more. Walk it less
Feed him just once in a day

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Haroldjunior: 10:46am On Sep 10, 2021
Frenzy01:
Give it time.

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available
Which one be “feed him just once in a day”? That’s a very ill mentality o... shey your parents starve you to make you sabi book when you been still dey 3 years? That dog is still a puppy... you were right to some extent, just before saying that he should be fed just once... feed that dog well Sir, and give him time... learn how to reinforce his confidence with spoken words, words like; catch, get it, attack, etc, can be used to teach him how to stand his ground or be at alert... just don’t beat him if he’s not acting as you want him to in terms of aggression. Give him reason to want to protect you... walk him less too... just learn how to use words to build his confidence from this young age. That’s a fine dog.

2 Likes

Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Frenzy01(m): 11:11am On Sep 10, 2021
Haroldjunior:

Which one be “feed him just once in a day”? That’s a very ill mentality o... shey your parents starve you to make you sabi book when you been still dey 3 years? That dog is still a puppy... you were right to some extent, just before saying that he should be fed just once... feed that dog well Sir, and give him time... learn how to reinforce his confidence with spoken words, words like; catch, get it, attack, etc, can be used to teach him how to stand his ground or be at alert... just don’t beat him if he’s not acting as you want him to in terms of aggression. Give him reason to want to protect you... walk him less too... just learn how to use words to build his confidence from this young age. That’s a fine dog.

Why do you have to bring my parents into this fool...
I know wha I'm saying by feeding him just once a day, my Boerboel exhibited the same characters when I got him in 2016 and that's exactly wha I did to make it aggressive and it worked. Besides, I'm a breeder.. Feeding a dog well just once a day never kills a dog. So get the fvck out of here

2 Likes

Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Haroldjunior: 11:45am On Sep 10, 2021
Frenzy01:

I know wha I'm saying by feeding him just once a day, my Boerboel exhibited the same characters when I got him in 2016 and that's exactly wha I did to make it aggressive and it worked. Besides, I'm a breeder.. Feeding a dog well just once a day never kills a dog. So get the fvck out of here
If you were logical enough, you would see that I never insulted you in any way, me using your parents for an example was in relation to him being like a parent to that puppy also. You’re just here disgracing yourself saying you’re a breeder... what breeder would feed a 6 months old puppy just once daily and expect the puppy to do well? With all due respect Sir, you be big idiot.

3 Likes

Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Wildlifecalling(m): 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Frenzy01:

You're a breeder or you sell dogs for money?
To be breeder no be only for mouth and by the way you're suggesting feeding a puppy just once daily to make it "aggressive" proves you're no breeder
People like you just throw around that word so that it seems like you know what you're saying, the gullible ones will believe and that's how the cycle of animal cruelty continues...

2 Likes

Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by harmargedon: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Frenzy01:
Give it time.

don't listen to this guy.
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by harmargedon: 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Haroldjunior:

don't mind the guy. People like him don't own dog's at all. They just love putting comments everywhere they see a topic.
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by harmargedon: 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nigerianlad:
I have a 6 month old german shepherd for security reasons but he is too submissive but he doesn't fear people
one thing most people don't understand is the way dog thinks. When I ask people what they want from their dogs, they say they want an agressive dog. But they fail to realize that a dog that is agressive is a dog that is scared and not bold. An agressive dog is a dog that was poorly trained by it's owner. A well trained dog is friendly when it's outside, a well trained dog is child friendly, a well trained dog is territorial, a well trained dog knows the difference between strangers, friends and family. An agressive dog doesn't understand any of this, it attacks everyone, even the owner is not excluded.

2 Likes

Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by harmargedon: 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
A dog becomes territorial with time. So give your dog time. Socialize it often, what I mean by this is to walk it always, introduce it to people, especially children. Teach it basic commands. And it will be fine.
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Nigerianlad: 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
harmargedon:
A dog becomes territorial with time. So give your dog time. Socialize it often, what I mean by this is to walk it always, introduce it to people, especially children. Teach it basic commands. And it will be fine.

thanks for the feedback
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Nigerianlad: 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
harmargedon:
one thing most people don't understand is the way dog thinks. When I ask people what they want from their dogs, they say they want an agressive dog. But they fail to realize that a dog that is agressive is a dog that is scared and not bold. An agressive dog is a dog that was poorly trained by it's owner. A well trained dog is friendly when it's outside, a well trained dog is child friendly, a well trained dog is territorial, a well trained dog knows the difference between strangers, friends and family. An agressive dog doesn't understand any of this, it attacks everyone, even the owner is not excluded.

yeah fear aggression or something
Re: My 6 Month German Shepherd Is Too Submissive by Nigerianlad: 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
Haroldjunior:

thanks for your thoughts and feedback

(1) (Reply)

Leptospirosis Outbreak In Lagos. Dog Owners Beware / I See Three Breeds In ONE / Our House Dog Have Born Puppy, Please Advice Abeg.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.