Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. (398 Views)

EFCC Arrests and Jails Solomon Martin King for Romance Scam (photo) / Most Reported Kidnap Cases Stage-managed – Police / Four Nigerian Students In Canada Wanted For $2 Million Dollar Romance Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. by africagiantnews: 12:00am On Sep 10, 2021
A new study world over has revealed Nigeria to be the second country in the world with the most reported romance scam on earth.

The study was conducted by Techsheilder, Romance scam also know as catfishing or dating scam, has been define as creating a fake profile to attract some one online, where fraudsters befriend victims over the internet in the hope that the victim can send them money. In this latest study, Nigeria is next to Philippines,

A huge driving force for dating scams is the financial gains for the fraudsters. They build trust with the victims with the aim of getting them to send money under false pretences.

READ MORE- [https://www.africagiantnews.com.ng/8001-2/]
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. by Skmoda360(m): 12:29am On Sep 10, 2021
No be juju be that......and mind you it shouldn't come as a surprise.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. by guestgiz: 3:27am On Sep 13, 2021
africagiantnews:
A new study world over has revealed Nigeria to be the second country in the world with the most reported romance scam on earth.

The study was conducted by Techsheilder, Romance scam also know as catfishing or dating scam, has been define as creating a fake profile to attract some one online, where fraudsters befriend victims over the internet in the hope that the victim can send them money. In this latest study, Nigeria is next to Philippines,

A huge driving force for dating scams is the financial gains for the fraudsters. They build trust with the victims with the aim of getting them to send money under false pretences.

READ MORE- [https://www.africagiantnews.com.ng/8001-2/]

They have some people that are not using fake profiles.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. by RSVP: 3:33am On Sep 13, 2021
guestgiz:

They have some people that are not using fake profiles. They are using their real face and name. ABIODUN ABAYOMI AWOJANA is one of them
Is this a deal gone wrong or you just trying to blackmail this guy?

Cuz it's like you both are having a good time on video call

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. by guestgiz: 3:37am On Sep 13, 2021
RSVP:

Is this a deal gone wrong or you just trying to blackmail this guy?

Cuz it's like you both are having a good time on video call

Nope... He scammed... He had nothing till he lied and scammed me for 4 years. You can believe what you want. GOD KNOWS THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH IS HE IS A SCAMMER ALONG WITH HIS WIFE...

And of course it was a good conversation, but it was part of all his lies of love and wanting a life with me.... THE JOB OF A SCAMMER TO MAKE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE WHATEVER THEY SAY AND I THINK I TOLD HIM TO SMILE FOR ONCE... AND WHY WOULD I BLACKMAIL A NIGERIAN SCAMMER WHEN THEY TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME AND RUINED MY LIFE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. by RSVP: 3:45am On Sep 13, 2021
guestgiz:

Nope... He scammed... He had nothing till he lied and scammed me for 4 years. You can believe what you want. GOD KNOWS THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH IS HE IS A SCAMMER ALONG WITH HIS WIFE...

And of course it was a good conversation, but it was part of all his lies of love and wanting a life with me.... THE JOB OF A SCAMMER TO MAKE YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE ENOUGH TO BELIEVE WHATEVER THEY SAY

Sorry about your ordeal.
You can report him to the police since you have got all his details and you should be more careful on here so people won't see you as easy target... They will come up with different stories to scam you again if they know you're an American... Don't make yourself an easy target.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. by guestgiz: 3:47am On Sep 13, 2021
RSVP:

Sorry about your ordeal.
You can report him to the police since you have got all his details and you should be more careful on here so people won't see you as easy target.

Thank you. I have already done all of that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Country In The World With The Most Reported Romance Scam. by guestgiz: 3:49am On Sep 13, 2021
RSVP:

Sorry about your ordeal.
You can report him to the police since you have got all his details and you should be more careful on here so people won't see you as easy target... They will come up with different stories to scam you again if they know you're an American... Don't make yourself an easy target.

That will never happen again.... I don't trust anyone and will never trust anyone ever again

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Local Government Chairman In Rivers State Dies In His Sleep / Names, Ages… All 34 Nigerians Arrested For Wire Fraud In The US / Angry Mob Lynches Cart Pusher For Killing Colleague Over N200 In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.