Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) (1718 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Henrydada123: 2:12am On Sep 11, 2021
Hey guys, new forum user here. I’ve been researching on countries I can move to out of Nigeria that would be easy and straightforward (no risky things).

I’ve a remote job with a company registered in Canada and my girlfriend is a freelancer. We’re both planning to move together. But Canada is expensive and it looks really complicated and hard to get in. Even with the advantage that there company I work with is registered there.

I’m open to options, I really don’t know what country would be good. Although I’m not considering African countries, I’d be happy to hear suggestions.

A couple of things:

We both have jobs, although my girlfriend is still freelancing but we’re able to cater for ourselves and except if it’s golden visas or the most expensive places in US, France, England, China etc for example then we can do really well and fend for ourselves and also get a good apartment.

Also because of our work ties, we can’t go through school and we are also not planning to do any physical work since we have remote jobs.

That’s the hard part, I’d really appreciate any help we can get.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 11, 2021
immigration these days is hard and not straightforward. talk to your Canadian employer offer to bear the cost of processing
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Ever8090: 2:41am On Sep 11, 2021
As I see girlfriend I didn't bother to read but my only advice is, when you get their with your "GIRLFRIEND" we won't be giving any other advice that you may need......

1 Like

Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Henrydada123: 2:52am On Sep 11, 2021
Lagbaja88:
immigration these days is hard and not straightforward. talk to your Canadian employer offer to bear the cost of processing

I really do not mind living a Nomadic life, just wanna get the hell out of here.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Why not go alone first and let your girlfriend join you later. Also except you earn like 5k usd or more, you have to look for a job oh. Drop that self employed mentality in Nigeria oh.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:44am On Sep 11, 2021
Op you are 19. If you already have a degree. Get more work experience and save a lot of money. Acquire a ton of IT certifications and write IELTS. Points for age are maximum between 20 to 29 and aside Canada, Europe is there for you as a tech worker.

Kai I envy you guys who got into tech early. All the guys I know who started in the late teens or early 20s are multi millionaires now.

9 Likes

Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Gerrard59(m): 11:32am On Sep 11, 2021
In whatever you do, ensure you have a post-secondary degree to wriggle your way out of potential visa issues. For instance, Japan's immigration authorities won't issue you work visa if you don't have a post-secondary degree or ten years work experience (which is subjectively assessed).

Target unpopular countries if the favourites (Australia, Canada, UK, US etc) are competitive in your assessment. Try Mexico, Uruguay, other parts of Europe, Chile etc. Once there, it becomes easier to enter any of those favourite countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Shokoloko(f): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2021
Henrydada123:
Hey guys, new forum user here. I’ve been researching on countries I can move to out of Nigeria that would be easy and straightforward (no risky things).

I’ve a remote job with a company registered in Canada and my girlfriend is a freelancer. We’re both planning to move together. But Canada is expensive and it looks really complicated and hard to get in. Even with the advantage that there company I work with is registered there.

I’m open to options, I really don’t know what country would be good. Although I’m not considering African countries, I’d be happy to hear suggestions.

A couple of things:

We both have jobs, although my girlfriend is still freelancing but we’re able to cater for ourselves and except if it’s golden visas or the most expensive places in US, France, England, China etc for example then we can do really well and fend for ourselves and also get a good apartment.

Also because of our work ties, we can’t go through school and we are also not planning to do any physical work since we have remote jobs.

That’s the hard part, I’d really appreciate any help we can get.

Migration to Canada is not very complex. Look for the thread on nairaland for express entry. Take the next 6 months and read up. It is not complex at all.
It is not expensive but you do not have to pay in bulk. You can pay as you progress.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Henrydada123: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2021
Shokoloko:

Migration to Canada is not very complex. Look for the thread on nairaland for express entry. Take the next 6 months and read up. It is not complex at all.
It is not expensive but you do not have to pay in bulk. You can pay as you progress.

Thank you, I'll go ahead and do that right away.

I did read a lot about express entry but I'll check that thread to get more insight.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Henrydada123: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2021
Gerrard59:
In whatever you do, ensure you have a post-secondary degree to wriggle your way out of potential visa issues. For instance, Japan's immigration authorities won't issue you work visa if you don't have a post-secondary degree or ten years work experience (which is subjectively assessed).

Target unpopular countries if the favourites (Australia, Canada, UK, US etc) are competitive in your assessment. Try Mexico, Uruguay, other parts of Europe, Chile etc. Once there, it becomes easier to enter any of those favourite countries.

Sadly, I do not really have the time or flexibility to get a post-secondary degree. I do not mind going to unpopular countries.

Past few days, I've been reading a lot and everything looks not straightforward, and near impossible except if you're going through student visa or you have a job offer. I do not have the flexibility to take either of these options as well.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Henrydada123: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2021
grossintel:
Why not go alone first and let your girlfriend join you later. Also except you earn like 5k usd or more, you have to look for a job oh. Drop that self employed mentality in Nigeria oh.

I earn somewhat close to that and I could pick up some extra freelance jobs to cover the deficit. Thing I can't do a physical/non-remote job coz I already have a full time remote one.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by shegzhkn: 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
grossintel:

Sorry, what does this means bruv ??
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Kahbahsah: 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Go to Mexico, Uruguay or Brazil. These 3 countries will be very easy for you. Get 6 months tourist visa---have a child with your girlfriend in any of these countries--- Permanent residence---- Citizenship

You might have heard rumors about drug cartels in these countries. Ignore these rumors. These cartels do not operate in up to 5% areas in the countries. Locate any of the remaining 95% safe areas and you'll be fine.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Mcslize: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
Shokoloko:

That has always been the notion. Some believe it's the hardest thing to come through by. But unknown to them, it's all about proper planning, and not as hard as they had always thought.

And the money aspect, it has always been a pure fallacy too that it requires lots of money, which is not really, making some to back off.

2 Likes

Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Gerrard59(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
Henrydada123:

Sadly, I do not really have the time or flexibility to get a post-secondary degree. I do not mind going to unpopular countries.

Past few days, I've been reading a lot and everything looks not straightforward, and near impossible except if you're going through student visa or you have a job offer. I do not have the flexibility to take either of these options as well

Citizenship by Investment then. But I seriously doubt you have the financial resources.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Suspect33(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
Girlfriend?? Ofudu umu nwoke ne zuzu nke na kpasu mmadu iwe, Na u sabi

1 Like

Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by McStoic(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Suspect33:

Lol
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Suspect33:
Lmao. grin
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by YungLasaint(m): 11:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Why not try Costa Rica, Uruguay, Mexico, Brazil or Spain?

You don't need a physical job if your remote Job pays you close to 5k USD... I bet if that's in tech.
Re: I (19 M) Want To Migrate Out Of Nigeria With My Girlfriend (20 F) by beautyuche: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2021
Give Portugal Golden visa a try. I see you said you earn close to 5k USD monthly. With the Portugal golden visa u only need a fraction of that to be granted the Golden visa which allow you stay.It is also call a retirement visa specifically for the retired and tech guys who dont need physical job in the country. read up and watch YouTube video on this.
Good luck to you and Ur girlfriend. ( I kind of envy the Idea you are planning with your girl friend. My husband isn't planning to live outside Nija for now. Lol)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Common Uk Visa Scam: Identify Visa Fraudsters / Nigerian Man, Ikechidiadi Kaja Killed In Canada, Police Looking For Killer -pics / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.