Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

If You Were To Be The Next Nigerian President.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were To Be The Next Nigerian President.... (188 Views)

Tunde Ednut Endorses Mr. Peter Obi As Next Nigerian President / 2023: See The Next Nigerian President (photo) / Pastor Adeboye Endorse Peter Obi, As The Next Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Were To Be The Next Nigerian President.... by princeSammyz: 8:00am On Sep 11, 2021
Considering the state of the Nigerian state today with a lot waiting in line for to be changed peacefully or by force- from restructuring to true federalism, to constitutional amendments, to the heavy weight of secession, given the opportunity to be president come 2023, will you take it? If yes, how do you plan to handle the pressure or address our pressing issues as one Nigeria?
I like to liken our current situation to that of America in the days of segregation. The voice of reasons from the black was strong and gaining more strength, so was the fear of losing control for the whites. This put a lot of pressure on the leadership of those days. To answer to the call of conscience or to their obligations to kinsmen. Well, President Lyndon Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act as Martin Luther King, Jr., other Civil Rights Leaders and Congress members watched in August 6, 1965, starting major and drastic changes in the social and political terrain of the American state.
Today, I think the fruit of change is likewise ripe on its thread in Nigeria, waiting for a leader as bold as Jonson to pluck it, or sooner than later, it falls under its own weight. The cry for change is loud and almost now deafening, we can no longer ignore the need to act, even urgently.
I see the move by Lagos and Rivers, and it just passes every test of reason and common sense. Whether we like it or not, we are heading towards power, and even economic decentralisation. Call it restructuring if you want, and I believe it will address most of the critical challenges we face as a country today. Security, nepotism, and even underdevelopment on the medium to long term.
I therefore believe that who ever is taking over power in 2023, has a lot waiting is his file, he or she, lol, has a divine mandate to answer to, in putting the knife to the crippled feet of this nation that has hitherto slowed or even hindered its growth.
Now back to my question, giving the opportunity to be that person, what will you do?

(1) (Reply)

Abia 2023: Obinna Ichita And The Limits Of An Inordinate Ambition / IPOB Declares Sit-at-home To Commemorate Military Invasion Of Kanu’s Home / Nigeria’s NBS Is Issuing Data Through Back Channels Since New Regime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.