Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,099 members, 7,811,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel (16372 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by DonShark(m): 4:31pm On May 24, 2011
Please,I would like to know if it is a sin for a child of God to play any other songs outside gospel songs.
I have been having this challenge in my everyday life and no one has answered me the way I would understand.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by ragdollz: 4:34pm On May 24, 2011
There is a time for everything under the sun *so says the Good Book>> A time to praise and worship and a time to enjoy other forms of music. I'm sure God will not begrudge you a few listens of your favourite hip-hop jam so far it's not a sinful message.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by Joagbaje(m): 5:18pm On May 24, 2011
Music is neutral . It is the lyrics that determine if it's a bad music or a good one. It is not determined by the beats or tempo.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by mabell: 10:26pm On May 24, 2011
@Poster,
when you listen to a song whether gospel or circular, what thoughts come to your mind

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. {honest: or, venerable}

that could be a yardstick for checking the songs you listen to
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by kris2glo: 6:41am On May 25, 2011
Music is good because it is pleasant to the ear refreshing to the spirit. For a Christian it’s not the Music, but the kind of SPIRIT. If your Spirit is alive he will lead you into the kind of Music you listen to.

Listening to hip-hop music is not a sin, but it just shows you the level of your spirit. A spirit filled Christian (one whose spirit always seeks Godliness) will always want to do things that will improve his Spirit.
Beside, we have Christian Hip-Hop Music that gives Glory to God, may be one should go for them.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by mabell: 8:28am On May 25, 2011
Joepraize, Sinach, Eben, Samsung, Ada, Frank Edwards e.t.c
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by literary: 3:27pm On May 25, 2011
RAP is bad. People like john lennon are said to be in hell right now bcuz of what he said in his music lyrics. A song by him highway to hell, without listening to the song, what will you think bou such muzik?
Rap is full of dirty lyrics.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 25, 2011
literary:

RAP is bad. People like john lennon are said to be in hell right now bcuz of what he said in his music lyrics. A song by him highway to hell, without listening to the song, what will you think bou such muzik?
Rap is full of dirty lyrics.

Smh,
There is nothing wrong with the genre of music. It's simply the lyrics. What's the artist saying in the song?

Kiss me—full on the mouth!
Yes! For your love is better than wine,
headier than your aromatic oils.Take me away with you! Let's run off together!
Oh, let me warn you, sisters in Jerusalem,
by the gazelles, yes, by all the wild deer:
Don't excite love, don't stir it up,
until the time is ripe—and you're ready.
Your breasts are like fawns,
twins of a gazelle, grazing among the first spring flowers.
The sweet, fragrant curves of your body,
the soft, spiced contours of your flesh

The above verses are from the Bible, Songs of Solomon to be exact, would you call this secular or godly?

Note that not all 'gospel' songs are about the gospel. Finally, whatever makes you feel right with God, do that. No need for pointless arguments. You can be anonymous on nairaland, but you can't be anonymous to yourself, if your heart condemns you, you need to drop it,
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by literary: 3:53pm On May 25, 2011
Many read and construe that Song of Songs (or Solomon). It is not talking about Love in the humane sense. It is like an apocalypse of CHRIST. I have verses to prove that. But many read that and even send it as text msg to their girls.
Many of the rappers are said to belong to the iluminati. Well, its a cult, or branch of anti CHRIST.
Type free your mind into youtube search engine and watch the testimony of ex satan worshiper. chris brown sang or did a song indirectly to indicate himself as satan worshiper. The song is fallen angels.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 25, 2011
The message is clearly about love between a man and woman,  it depicts what a man's love should be toward his wife,
It can also be used to illustrate Christ's love for his Bride, the church

Regarding your links, I've always tried my best not to read such. It doesn't build my faith in the Scriptures in any way. It just builds an unwholesome fear of the mystic. Then we think not listening to those songs or not playing them keeps us safe from the devil. Safety is only found in the blood of Jesus. Simple as that,  not choosing what songs to listen to or not,
Very soon, people will start saying what positions are right while having sex, the best christian way to toast a lady, and the silly thread on the front page about 'praying before sex',

Let's stop trying to do what Jesus has already done,
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by cyrexx: 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
seriously, where did we get the idea that the music you listen to will get you condemned to spend eternity in hell fire. then are you to force yourself to listen to music you dont enjoy just that you will make heaven. i love hiphop music and i used to force myself to listen to poorly produced gospel music till i realized i dont have to. music is a form of art just like any other art. i guess christians are not forced watch only gospel films or read only gospel magazines and books or watch only gospel football or own only gospel pieces of art or enjoy only gospel this or that. pls liberate yourself from bondage of men. if you say rap is dirty what about the movies you watch and the books you read, are they all clean, you do what you reaaly want to do and not because a music influence you. At the end of one's life you regret what you want to do but didnt do more than regretting the things you do that you shouldn't do. i hope you wont regret not enjoying the beautiful form of music that God created and that he wants you to appreciate and enjoy.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by olowolekan(m): 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
THE KIND OF MUSIC ONE LISTENS TO WILL EVENTUALLY DOMINATE ONES HEART AND CAPTURE ONES HEART.IT'S EITHER GOD MUSIC OR DEVIL MUSIC.HAS OLD THINGS PASSED AWAY IN UR LIFE IF U ARE TRUELY BORN AGAIN?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel by chukstem: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
Read Ecc 7:5.
Wich says you should not play songs of fools..
Download Gospel Musics @
www.Naijalatext.com

(1) (Reply)

Life Changing Books On Generals In God's Kingdom / Pastor Adeboye And Wife, Folu Celebrate 54th Wedding Anniversary / Apostle Suleman: INEC Doesn't Count Prayer Point But Votes - (photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.