Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? (13531 Views)

Is Nelson Mandela Dead? / Is Nelson Mandela Dead? / Is Nelson Mandela Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2012
Patrice Lumumba
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sani Abacha
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
Robert Mugabe
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2012
Muhammadu Buhari
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
Nelson Mandela is ok, but I am disappointed by some of his actions on release from prison.

He has been very pro-west and this were the same countries that helped to keep him locked up for so long.

He divorced his loyal wife within weeks of release, I see her as more of an African hero than him!

His chose a white PA undecided wtf undecided

My rule of thumb is to always be suspious of any African leader that is praised and idolised by white / western nations, they are usually to compliant with western policies to be a true hero.
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by morpheus24: 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2012
GenBuhari:

Nelson Mandela is ok, but I am disappointed by some of his actions on release from prison.

He has been very pro-west and this were the same countries that helped to keep him locked up for so long.

He divorced his loyal wife within weeks of release, I see her as more of an African hero than him!

His chose a white PA undecided wtf undecided

My rule of thumb is to always be suspious of any African leader that is praised and idolised by white / western nations, they are usually to compliant with western policies to be a true hero.

Goes to show how much you know about the man. You an outsider would question what millions of South Africans have come to understand. Please do more research
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
^^ enlighten us angry
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by morpheus24: 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
GenBuhari:

^^ enlighten us angry

Now that would make it too easy on you and you wouldn't really learn would you?

Start with the reason for his Divorce from Winnie and how her involvment in "torture" would prove detrimental to his "reconciliation" principles.

Haven't you wondered why he was not heavily criticized about that move, with the South African's knowing fully well the contributions of Winnie through the years.

Hmmm?
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by bknight: 11:24am On May 12, 2012
'African hero' in the context of being an african? Or in the context of fighting for Africa as a whole?

Mandela's achievements remain and revolve around his south africa as fighting for equality among black and white races. But Lidj Tafari's achievement of not allowing his country into foreign hands, in my judgment, exceeds Mandela's. Lidj exhibited the mental liberation we seek for Africa today indicating he wasn't an inferior to the whites. Its unfair to judge both on same scale.

In my humble view of Africa vis-a-vis the europeans/americans, Robert Mugabe's even a greater hero. My opinion.

Mandela, as a leader, agreed to share his country with foreigners. Overrated!
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by pazienza(m): 11:41am On May 12, 2012
South african hero? Maybe.African hero? Hell no.
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by andrewza: 1:38pm On May 15, 2012
He is a hero and is African dose not mean he is a Hero of Africa
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by morpheus24: 11:12pm On May 15, 2012
andrewza: He is a hero and is African dose not mean he is a Hero of Africa
Whats the difference?
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by andrewza: 11:24pm On May 15, 2012
It is the same has say queen Elizabeth is a European Queen. That statement is correct. She is a queen from europe dose not mean she is the queen of europe. Same for Nelson.

He is a hero and from Africa and is a African. so he is a African Hero.
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by sweethunibun(m): 7:55pm On May 18, 2012
^ south african hero not all the whole african hero
Re: How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero? by RSA(m): 7:32pm On May 19, 2012
Its a difficult one for me because a 40 year old Mandela who went to jail was a fighter and a Pan Africanist but a 70 year old who came out was a bhudist.Who gave his enemies another cheek to slap after being slapped on the other side.E.g is the love the whites have for him,that should tell you something,whites just don't love black people unless there's something they're gaining from that relationship.
The only African hero I know is Kwame Nkrumah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Jammeh's Application To Truncate Handover Rejected. / France Imposes Digital Tax On Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon / US To Withdraw From Niger As Security Pact Fails In Strategic Victory For Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.