Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,084 members, 7,867,127 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (880850 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OGINNISM1234: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2023
Teephour:
Good morning all, pls I need help, I am in Qlife family Clinic in Victoria for my Tuberculosis test but I was told I need a UK address for registration and I don't have one because am yet to get a COS just trying to get all the necessary documents ahead. Pls can I write a friends address who is in the UK or it must be an employer's address which appears on the COS. Pls I need the help🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Use any of the two addresses.

It is immaterial to your application.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Puterico(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2023
Teephour:
Good morning all, pls I need help, I am in Qlife family Clinic in Victoria for my Tuberculosis test but I was told I need a UK address for registration and I don't have one because am yet to get a COS just trying to get all the necessary documents ahead. Pls can I write a friends address who is in the UK or it must be an employer's address which appears on the COS. Pls I need the help🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

For me I think the best thing should be to get employment first, then use the company's address and be consistent.. beside the TB result expires in 6 months and the wait for COS most times no be here that some even end up doing TB twice. like mine, even after job offer before I was issued Cos I had to get another PCC cos the one I submitted expired during the process

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Teephour(f): 11:44am On Sep 21, 2023
Thank you for the response
OGINNISM1234:

Use any of the two addresses.

It is immaterial to your application.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Teephour(f): 11:45am On Sep 21, 2023
Thank you for the response
Puterico:

For me I think the best thing should be to get employment first, then use the company's address and be consistent.. beside the TB result expires in 6 months and the wait for COS most times no be here that some even end up doing TB twice. like mine, even after job offer before I was issued Cos I had to get another PCC cos the one I submitted expired during the process
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Allschoolsinfo: 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
@Advancedna and other seniors here.

Can I go ahead with PCC, TB test (MA and dependant) before availability of COS? ECCTIS result is almost ready as well.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Jetakenare: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2023
Allschoolsinfo:

Can I go ahead with PCC, TB test (MA and dependant) before availability of COS? ECCTIS result is almost ready as well.

My PCC expired while waiting for COS....best to wait.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2023
Allschoolsinfo:

Pccc and TB test are subject to expiration...

Cos can come out anytime...especially when u are dealing with NHS... That means u will have to do another one if cos doesn't come out before expiration of these document.... If u have cash to throw away.... No wahala...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OGINNISM1234: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
Allschoolsinfo:

Some organization actually request for PCC, TB, English proficiency and other documents before assigning COS to an applicant.

So it's a function of the company.

Some will not issue COS until they are sure you have all the requirements to apply for the VISA if they assign the COS to you.

Dem no wan assign COS to someone who never get all documents ready.

Peace!!!

5 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Allschoolsinfo: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2023
Thanks to all my Ogas.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by wilgraham702: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
Good Evening Everyone,

Please I need help on what and what (Documents) is needed to apply for a Dependent Visa for Wife and Son as main Applicant is already working in the UK....

Would need help with site on where to apply from and then what is expected of the Main Applicant to support with as regards the Application....

Would also need help of how long it takes for the approval of the Visa can be made

Thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2023
efeghen:

WIFE CHECKLIST MAIN APPLICANT
1: IOM TB TEST ✅
2: PASSPORT✅
3: POLICE CLEARANCE ✅
4: APPOINTMENT LETTER✅
5: APPLICATION FORM AND CHECKLIST ✅

HUSBAND CHECKLIST DEPENDENT
1: PASSPORT
2: IOM TB TEST✅
3: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ✅
4: 5 PHOTO OF FAMILY✅
6: EVIDENCE OF DOMESTIC FLIGHT TOGETHER(19/AUG/2022)✅
7: WEDDING INVITATION CARD ✅
8: EVIDENCE OF HOLIDAY BOOKINGS ✅
9: APPOINTMENT LETTER✅
10: APPLICATION FORM AND CHECKLIST ✅

CHILD CHECKLIST DEPENDENT
1: PASSPORT✅
2: CONSENT LETTER AND FORM ✅
3: BIRTH CERTIFICATE ✅
4: APPOINTMENT LETTER ✅
6: ERROR LETTER✅
7: FAMILY PHOTO✅
8: HOLIDAY BOOKINGS ✅
9: MOTHERS PASSPORT PAGE ✅
No IELT, thought IELT is a must please is it skilled worker or health work?🙏🏻
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OGINNISM1234: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2023
IJay8:

No IELT, thought IELT is a must please is it skilled worker or health work?🙏🏻

English proficiency test is a MUST. Be it skilled worker or health work.

It now depends on you the way you want to prove your English proficiency.

UKVI accepts any of the following listed here.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/knowledge-of-english

(My honest opinion) ===If you are a BSc holder and you have funds, BSc degree certificate, letter from your school stating that you were taught in English and your official transcript. And you want to do a care Job, just go for NARIC evaluation. Save yourself the headache of IELTS.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IJay8: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
OGINNISM1234:

English proficiency test is a MUST. Be it skilled worker or health work.

It now depends on you the way you want to prove your English proficiency.

UKVI accepts any of the following listed here.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/knowledge-of-english

(My honest opinion) ===If you are a BSc holder and you have funds, BSc degree certificate, letter from your school stating that you were taught in English and your official transcript. And you want to do a care Job, just go for NARIC evaluation. Save yourself the headache of IELTS.
Ok thanks but am HND holder not BSc

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Amauwams: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2023
[quote author=OGINNISM1234 post=125897672][/quote] Please what is the Application reference they said we should quote as the Subject is the the one with GWF or the VAF one that came with the mail?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by toluf: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
Amauwams:
Please what is the Application reference they said we should quote as the Subject is the the one with GWF or the VAF one that came with the mail?

GWF

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OGINNISM1234: 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
Amauwams:
Please what is the Application reference they said we should quote as the Subject is the the one with GWF or the VAF one that came with the mail?

GWF!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by makazona(m): 9:10am On Sep 22, 2023
Jokuns1:

Applying is pretty straightforward. As long as you know the job you got and have your COS and letter. Just start it. If you get stuck, you can check out solutions on youtube or ask here. Also if you are scared of errors, start the application, then stop before payment. Go back to it after one day and go over it again.

Wow. Thank you for making this easier 😃
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2023
Good morning gurus I'm the house. Someone should help me please.

I just received my COS from my employer. I'm currently a dependant to a student (my spouse).
The start date on the COS is Oct 10, but my spouse's course end date is Oct 20.

Considering the new restriction on switching before the course end date for both students and defendants, would it be a problem if I submit my visa application after my course end date (Oct 20), which is also after the COS start date of OCT 10?

Put in another way, must I apply for a visa before my COS start date?

Would my 5 years Visa start counting from biometric date or COS start date?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tier4Dependant: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2023
cbn4main:
Good morning gurus I'm the house. Someone should help me please.

I just received my COS from my employer. I'm currently a dependant to a student (my spouse).
The start date on the COS is Oct 10, but my spouse's course end date is Oct 20.

Considering the new restriction on switching before the course end date for both students and defendants, would it be a problem if I submit my visa application after my course end date (Oct 20), which is also after the COS start date of OCT 10?

Put in another way, must I apply for a visa before my COS start date?

Would my 5 years Visa start counting from biometric date or COS start date?

The restriction doesn’t affect you (dependant partner). You can switch now and your partner switches at a later date at the end of their course before the expiry of their current visa. (Student Visa)

Your 5 years will start counting on the date your skilled worker visa is successful. (same date will also be on your new brp)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 11:40am On Sep 22, 2023
Tier4Dependant:

The restriction doesn’t affect you (dependant partner). You can switch now and your partner switches at a later date at the end of their course before the expiry of their current visa. (Student Visa)

Your 5 years will start counting on the date your skilled worker visa is successful. (same date will also be on your new brp)

Thank you boss for replying. But here is the thing;

A dependant to a student was denied switching to skilled worker visa bcs of the new rule. The case worker cited thar the new rule affects the dependant too. See the attached

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Arike999: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2023
@advanceDNA and my other bosses
Good morning ooo
Thank you for always coming through always
Can one receive DHL delivery msg without brp mail.. make this people no give me high bp and if yes what does it mean
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by TLene: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2023
TLene:
Anybody still waiting who had their biometrics on 18 Aug?
Biometrics: 18 Aug
NSF email: 3 Sep
Paid call: 7 Sep and 11 Sep
Still at DMC

Anybody who did biometrics 18 Aug still waiting for a response?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by OGINNISM1234: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
Arike999:
@advanceDNA and my other bosses
Good morning ooo
Thank you for always coming through always
Can one receive DHL delivery msg without brp mail.. make this people no give me high bp and if yes what does it mean

Congratulations to you.

In most cases, DHL text drops before BRP mail.

Expect your brp mail tomorrow.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tier4Dependant: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2023
cbn4main:

Thank you boss for replying. But here is the thing;

A dependant to a student was denied switching to skilled worker visa bcs of the new rule. The case worker cited thar the new rule affects the dependant too. See the attached

Wow! I just went to read the appendix rules. I never knew it also applies to dependants.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-skilled-worker

It’s best to apply after the completion of your spouse’s program. This should be on their CAS.

With valid reasons, a late start date can be explained using the sponsorship management system (SMS) by your employer.

All the best
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2023
Tier4Dependant:

Wow! I just went to read the appendix rules. I never knew it also applies to dependants.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-skilled-worker

It’s best to apply after the completion of your spouse’s program. This should be on their CAS.

With valid reasons, a late start date can be explained using the sponsorship management system (SMS) by your employer.

All the best

Ok noted.

Application date is practically Biometric date, right?

Meaning I can apply today but choose Biometric date that falls after my spouse's course end date?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tier4Dependant: 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
cbn4main:

Ok noted.

Application date is practically Biometric date, right?

Meaning I can apply today but choose Biometric date that falls after my spouse's course end date?

No idea boss
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by zeezeepearl: 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
Pls anyone here waiting for COS?

How many months after job offer, did you wait for before the COS came through?

God help us all!

Puterico:

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tier4Dependant: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2023
zeezeepearl:

God help us all!

Hi Zeezeepearl, you mean you still waiting. I thought you had told your employer that you don’t mind switching to night shift.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Neyopumpin02: 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
efeghen:

WIFE CHECKLIST MAIN APPLICANT
1: IOM TB TEST ✅
2: PASSPORT✅
3: POLICE CLEARANCE ✅
4: APPOINTMENT LETTER✅

HUSBAND CHECKLIST DEPENDENT
1: PASSPORT
2: IOM TB TEST✅
3: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ✅
4: 5 PHOTO OF FAMILY✅
6: EVIDENCE OF DOMESTIC FLIGHT TOGETHER(19/AUG/2022)✅
7: WEDDING INVITATION CARD ✅
8: EVIDENCE OF HOLIDAY BOOKINGS ✅
9: APPOINTMENT LETTER✅
10: APPLICATION FORM AND CHECKLIST ✅

CHILD CHECKLIST DEPENDENT
1: PASSPORT✅
2: CONSENT LETTER AND FORM ✅
3: BIRTH CERTIFICATE ✅
4: APPOINTMENT LETTER ✅
6: ERROR LETTER✅
7: FAMILY PHOTO✅
8: HOLIDAY BOOKINGS ✅
9: MOTHERS PASSPORT PAGE ✅

Hello please can you share the sample sample of consent letter for child
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 2:04pm On Sep 22, 2023
zeezeepearl:

God help us all!

My employer applied for COS allocation in June.
I received my COS this week.

The wait was exhausting actually.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by cbn4main: 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2023
Can someone help please?

What date is considered the application date for visa purposes; is it Biometric date?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by zeezeepearl: 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
Baba,yes I did oo, infact if patience is someone's name that should be me. For the past 1 month now I get weekly email update from HR saying practically same time 'Your sponsorship application is still in progress''

Tier4Dependant:

Hi Zeezeepearl, you mean you still waiting. I thought you had told your employer that you don’t mind switching to night shift.

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (612) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.