Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Sad End For Sweetpotato - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sad End For Sweetpotato (600 Views)

What Do You Do When You Are Sad? / So Sad! Little Boy Spotted Begging For Food In Kaduna (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad End For Sweetpotato by Lavish88(m): 10:24am On Sep 12, 2021
I walked into my kitchen one morning and found a potato sprouting. I decided to take it out to the yard, to plant. It’s not like I had plans of harvesting it in the future, I just wanted to tilt the survival scale in its favor. At least give it a fighting chance in this life wrenching thing we call Nigeria.
Already out the door, half way down the stairway that leads out to the yard; knife to till the soil in my right hand, potato in my left. I stopped abruptly, turned and went back into the house, opened the waste bin, and dumped the potato inside. Before you call me cruel, let me paint you a picture.
A man just moved into your building. Nobody knows his name because he doesn’t speak to anyone. A total recluse who looks like a leprechaun and walks like Chiwetalu Agu.
One early morning, you see this person planting something in your compound. what’s the first thing that’ll come to your mind?
Exactly what I thought!
I’m that man. I had only been in Lagos for about 2 months at the time, I figured extending the life of one potato wasn’t worth the challenges that come with being a ritualist who wants to use his Neighbors destinies. Bitter end to a sweet potato. It was indeed a Sweet-potato.

The end.

2 Likes

Re: Sad End For Sweetpotato by Arewalegend: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2021
U are highly high on expired cannabis ruderelis
Re: Sad End For Sweetpotato by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2021
You set out to achieve a goal, a very simple task, you couldn't even do that

You come dey blow grammar undecided

Later una go dey blame government

Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Sad End For Sweetpotato by jetwonder(m): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2021
grin Ikpohallusinasion!

1 Like

Re: Sad End For Sweetpotato by Lavish88(m): 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Arewalegend:
U are highly high on expired cannabis ruderelis
��
Re: Sad End For Sweetpotato by Lavish88(m): 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
You set out to achieve a goal, a very simple task, you couldn't even do that

You come dey blow grammar undecided

Later una go dey blame government

Mtcheeeew
see why you should have finished primary school? Elementary English is big grammar for you.

(1) (Reply)

Best Pounded Yam Machine In Nigeria / It’s Giveaway O’clock! / 4 Best And Worst Foods For Your Liver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.