Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification (9952 Views)

Chukwuma Nwaoha Is Sick, Has Liver Disease, On The Verge Of Dying (pics) / Lobi Stars Vs Mamelodi Sundown: CAF Champions League - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigerian Players To Have Won CAF Champions League Title With Non-nigerian Clubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by kenzysmith: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
atheistandproud:
Those North Africans dey celebrate already.

Them go thrash us 5-0 zero with wayo, fan intimidation, rough play and referee.

Na normal level.

The only team them dey fear na 2002-04 Enyimba when go beard them in their den back to back.
I dey tell u dem go spell akwa united name for second leg

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by DoggoneDogg: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
Alejandrah:

Can you really watch a Nigerian team play for 90mins? Have you tried it before?

Those guys don't keep the ball on the ground. They don't complete up to 15 passes at a go. Their play is always extreme, either too narrow or too wide.

I've watched them before, won't be doing it anytime soon until there's a massive improvement in play style.

There are some quality players in the league though but the coaches are just too afraid to play an expansive, entertaining style because of the fear of failure/losing!!!

Well, you can't really blame the coaches.

You need technical players to play free-flowing football. If your players are mostly physical & technically lacking, then you will have no choice than to play boring direct football. undecided
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by kenzysmith: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Well, you can't really blame the coaches.

You need technical players to play free-flowing football. If your players are mostly physical & technically lacking, then you will have no choice than to play boring direct football. undecided

Nigerian league need forigen coaches the local coaches are not trying style of play is poor
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by kenzysmith: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
Alejandrah:

Can you really watch a Nigerian team play for 90mins? Have you tried it before?

Those guys don't keep the ball on the ground. They don't complete up to 15 passes at a go. Their play is always extreme, either too narrow or too wide.

I've watched them before, won't be doing it anytime soon until there's a massive improvement in play style.

There are some quality players in the league though but the coaches are just too afraid to play an expansive, entertaining style because of the fear of failure/losing!!!
the local coaches are killing d league 20 top flight teams all local coaches
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by yusluvad(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
obawinner:
Margin home wins, they will perform woefully in their away matches.
Oga in case you don't know Rivers Utd win was away and not at home, try to be doing little research before coming to conclusion on what you merely/don't know.

Good luck boss!!

2 Likes

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by einsteine(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Akwa United would lose away
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
kenzysmith:
the local coaches are killing d league 20 top flight teams all local coaches

Fear fear coaches grinding out 1:0 results at home almost all the time. Can't watch that ever again!
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by DoggoneDogg: 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
kenzysmith:
Nigerian league need forigen coaches the local coaches are not trying style of play is poor

Baba
Problem na from the grassroots.

How many fine passers we dey promote from academies to NFPL?
Instead of picking talent, na one old papa of 45 wey dey claim 23 & all him bone don weak from carrying ponpon naim we dey sign for clubs because he settle coach.

Fix this & the league will improve
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Newton85: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Akwa United should forget it. They'll be shellacked in the second leg in Algeria. North Africa has always been the burial ground for West African teams, especially if the second leg match is so important to the North African team at home.
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
kenzysmith:
I dey tell u dem go spell akwa united name for second leg

No, Lol they won't!!!

I think the Promise keepers will be sent home but I hope not!!!
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Naustine(m): 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
If u understand African football, u woukd know that Akwa Utd is out with this result at hone

1 Like

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Godbless3(m): 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
Akwa utd will be knock out after the second legs
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by 2tec(m): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
Master the art of creating short and interesting videos and thrive in the digital world.

The one-day training offers participants an incredible opportunity to independently and confidently plan, shoot and edit exciting short videos to tell inspiring stories.

Click https://wildlifeafrica.org/2021/08/30/smartphone-video-for-social-media-svsm-2021/ to register.

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Harrynight(m): 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
I don't understand Caf champions league,
How can league winner on a Verge of qualifying ?

Ain't league winner supposed to automatically qualify for group stage??

1 Like

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by maxzzo1(m): 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
Weldone Wike bois
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Etuky(m): 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
All of you saying that Akwa United will be knocked out in the second leg, God pass you people because my darling Akwa United will surprise una.
Up Akwa United
Up Akwa Ibom State
Up Isong Emana mmi.
Ata eyen Akwa Ibom ke ndo.

1 Like

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by majamajic(m): 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
1-0 at home is not on the verge
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by AkaraAndBread: 11:28pm On Sep 12, 2021
theForth:

Beautiful.. I wish I could get my hands on them.

You can get it for N4500 (minus shipping) from here https://lmdb.ng/collections/original-jersey/products/akwa-united-fc-jersey

Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by mrkings84(m): 11:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kudos to the both teams....

In other news,
ARSENAL PLAYED 4 MATCHES, SCORED 1 GOAL.

WHILE RONALDO PLAYED 1 MATCH, SCORED 2 GOALS!

TAP-IN NO EASY O!
!
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by chocboi78(m): 3:16am On Sep 13, 2021
Lmao akwa united qualify??
Rivers yes but akwa won’t collect anything less than 3-0 in the return leg in Algeria
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Franking: 3:18am On Sep 13, 2021
chatinent:
I'm in love with the orange uniform. BTW fam, I'm available to write your academic research works.

Why would u write my academic research work? Hand no dey pain me and brain no dey pain me. How dare u advertise such crap!
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Franking: 3:21am On Sep 13, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Make we support our own too. Not Man Utd, Chelsea all the time

Good luck supporting ur own. I support Chelsea.
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by ifinger: 4:33am On Sep 13, 2021
psalmz:
It will be difficult beating them in the return leg
Akwa united should expect 4-0 in return leg those Algerian are fanatics them go show una pepe
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by obawinner(m): 5:16am On Sep 13, 2021
yusluvad:
Oga in case you don't know Rivers Utd win was away and not at home, try to be doing little research before coming to conclusion on what you merely/don't know.

Good luck boss!!
Thanks for the correction boss.
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by EverBlazingy2k(m): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2021
Congratulations to Akwa and River United.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by chatinent: 10:04am On Sep 13, 2021
Franking:

Why would u write my academic research work? Hand no dey pain me and brain no dey pain me. How dare u advertise such crap!

There are people who don't have the time.
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by yusluvad(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
obawinner:
Thanks for the correction boss.
You're welcome boss...
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by humberjade: 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
How is Akwa on the verge of qualification please...with a 1 NIL to a North African club? Hilarious grin
Re: CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification by Papparassi: 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
Rivers United beat Tanzania’s Young Africans 1-0 away at the Benjamin Mkapa National Stadium, Dar es Salaam.

Samuel Omodumuke scored the winning goal for the visitors in the 52nd minute.

The return leg will take place next week Sunday at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt.

Watch highlights with Eguma's interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWwUcNU4ew

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Croatia Vs Belgium: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 0) On 1st December 2022 / NSC Facebook Page (Nigerian Sports Commission Press Release)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.