Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent (947 Views)

Sexy MMA Fighter Alex Jay Shows Off Dance Moves After Training Session / Efe Ajagba Wins Curtis Harper Without A Punch After Opponent Walked Out Of Ring / Nigeria's Opponent, Iceland, Opt Out Of FIFA World Cup In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Solidtruth(m): 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
TRANSGENDER fighter Alana McLaughlin won her MMA debut against Celine Provost on Friday night.

McLaughlin secured a second-round win by choking out Provost, although it wasn't an easy fight for the newcomer.

McLaughlin passed all medical requirements before making her MMA debut, including hormone assessments.

Ahead of the fight, the debutant wrote on Twitter: "It's probably time to stop looking at social media and get focused.

"See you on the other side, kittens!"
McLaughlin was rocked by her rival in the first round before recovering to force a submission.

The fight was initially scheduled for August 6 but was postponed after Provost tested positive for coronavirus in July.
The 38-year-old is the first openly-transgender athlete to compete in MMA since Fallon Fox stepped into the cage in 2014.
She came out as transgender in 2003, aged 20, but was denied gender reassignment surgery by her mum and joined the army.

McLaughlin served in Afghanistan and was later diagnosed with PTSD before undergoing gender reassignment surgery in 2016.

She recently began MMA training and sights Fox, who won five of her six professional MMA fights between 2012 and 2014, as her inspiration.

As quoted by the Mirror, McLaughlin said: "I want to pick up the mantle that Fallon put down.

"Right now, I’m following in Fallon’s footsteps. I’m just another step along the way and it’s my great hope that there are more to follow behind me.

"If we want to see more trans athletes, if we want to see more opportunities for trans kids, we’re going to have to work out way into those spaces and make it happen."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16109962/transgender-mma-fighter-mclaughlin-wins-debut/amp/

Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Solidtruth(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
This are some of the issues feminist should be tackling because time will come when all this trans will dominate female sports if nothing is done.

5 Likes

Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by RevolverOcelot(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
So let me understand something. This is a man that did surgery to look feminine and beat up other women? Wonders shall never end. Smh

7 Likes

Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by DLSReigns: 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
With these trans, will the future remain female so?

1 Like

Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by insidelife22(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
this is not a fair fight,
man and woman fight,haba.
sister Onyi22 what do you have to say?

3 Likes

Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Austin1805(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
This female transgender are the ones feminists need to tackle
Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by DoggoneDogg: 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hehe grin cheesy

Women encouraged this now its coming back to bite them in the ass. Make we dey look na

1 Like

Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Decolonel(m): 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ojoro in the highest order. The poor girl has to tap out b4 the guy go kill am

2 Likes

Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Kingcalls: 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Solidtruth:
This are some of the issues feminist should be tackling because time will come when all this trans will dominate female sports if nothing is done.

Instead the fish brains de support them cos them follow for their stupid movements
Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Kingcalls: 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Decolonel:
Ojoro in the highest order. The poor girl has to tap out b4 the guy go kill am

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Onyi22(f): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
insidelife22:
this is not a fair fight,

man and woman fight,haba.

sister Onyi22 what do you have to say?
Both the op and the two fighters including the idiot that tag me to this nonsense post are all MAD.
I won't say much
Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Riverville(m): 11:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
I nor get anything to talk
Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Cousin9999: 12:50am On Sep 13, 2021
There's no such thing as transgender. It's an ill man suffering from BDD or transvestic disorder, or it's a perv using whatever means available to sexually harass women.

Stop validating the language of these demented oyinbos.
Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by insidelife22(m): 5:57am On Sep 13, 2021
Onyi22:

Both the op and the two fighters including the idiot that tag me to this nonsense post are all MAD.
I won't say much
onyi my baby,how was ur weekend?

you should be calming down oh,your own feminism too much abeg,
Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by paulolee(m): 6:38am On Sep 13, 2021
that's unfair and shouldn't be allowed in sports...a transgender is a cheat to gender..
imagine a footballer turning to a woman to oppress other female footballer..e no fair na..
Re: Transgender MMA Fighter Wins Debut Fight By Choking Out Opponent by Solidtruth(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2021
@Lalasticlala
@Mynd44

Come see something!!

(1) (Reply)

Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? / Chelsea, The Great / Nigerian Professional Soccer Star In Sudan To Be Flogged Sharially

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.