Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (879 Views)

Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother / Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by irijuola: 7:26am On Sep 13, 2021
Re: . by Heartheart: 12:28am On Sep 14, 2021
Change your mindset and start seeing her as a housemate not friend. You can gist and talk like normal but don’t let her cross that boundary you have created. People like that can do and undo. Don’t get too personal with her. She’s just your housemate. She’s not your friend. That way you’ll have rest of mind
Re: . by crackhaus: 12:46am On Sep 14, 2021
This is funny...
Re: . by sisisioge: 4:43am On Sep 14, 2021
Boys are always causing fights between girls....like it's the order of life.

Please dont fight,dont cut her off, she might mean no harm. I once had a flatmate a while ago. She is Igbo while I am Yoruba but we got along just great. She turned my room into the hotspot cause I hardly go to hers and I hated it, she would take my things and if I protest she would stand her ground like she wanted to fight...I disliked that too cause I love my things. She would be opening my fridge like we cooked the food together....I totally was opposed to this. She would make jest of my boo.bs cos they were small then....chai, how offensive.... She was too troublesome but I came to understand that all those wahalaish attitude were her love language. She had taken me as her sister and was just being free. So I accepted and adopted her as my sister too. I would hide the things I didnt want her taking, be vocal about unwanted behaviour despite her protest without letting it get out of hand....hian, I remember sending a long text about recognising boundaries because she took my plate to work and I wanted to use same grin....Boys didn't cause any rifts cause she knew I was looking for butterflies at first sight....so she knew they were all safe with me. Several years on she is still a good friend despite having moved on.

Stop over thinking things and just enjoy the friendship. Also, communicate....voice your dislike without being confrontation....etc. You guys will be fine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When I Drink... / Help Me Locate My Childhood Friends / Interested In Charity? Read This, Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.