Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother (3304 Views)

Father In Tears As DNA Test Confirms Four Out Of Five Children Are Not His / Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / Twin Sisters Impregnated By Their Mother's Fiancé In Nasarawa, Welcome Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2021
Hello, lawyers in the house and fellow nairalanders, a friend of mine is in a serious dilemma. The wife has denied his children from going to school. My friend and his wife are separated with the two daughters age 12 and 10 living with their mother. The guy is working in another city not too far from them and comes around occasionally on some weekends to see his children in his own house, he will invite them over to come and visit him. This has been on for a while now until schools resume recently.
His wife has been denying him speaking with the children which is very unusual of her with all sorts of excuses. The husband got to know from their school now that the children have not been in school since resumption and the impression their mother is giving is that they are in the school.
Please what urgent legal steps does he needs to take to save the future of these kids from being short-changed by their mother.
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by money121(m): 11:15am On Sep 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Sonnobax15(m): 11:20am On Sep 23, 2021
lipsrsealed
A lawyer should know better on how to deal with this kind of case na undecided. And no sensible man shouldn't be going arouse asking of advice from a bakery worker like myself and others in-here who doesn't know how to come into this kind of matter...

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
money121:
Ok

Say something bro
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
A lawyer should know better on how to deal with this kind of case na undecided. And shouldn't be going arouse asking of advice from a bakery worker like myself and others in-here who doesn't know how to come into this kind of matter...

That's the more reason why I crave more of the advice of lawyers in the house, if there are any.
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by OG1BABY(f): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Okay
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Zainabthegirl1(f): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2021
Wahala
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
Doveheart:

His wife has been denying him speaking with the children which is very unusual of her with all sorts of excuses. The husband got to know from their school now that the children have not been in school since resumption and the impression their mother is giving is that they are in the school.
Please what urgent legal steps does he needs to take to save the future of these kids from being short-changed by their mother.
Op, your friend needs to go through his lawyer to find out exactly why the kids are not in school and then go from there. He shouldn't give himself heart attack prior to learning exactly why they are not in school this semester. undecided
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by BIGGIE121(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
Hello
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by GboyegaD(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
They are still in communication from what I understand as such, he should ask her why the kids are not in school. However, if there is a divorce proceedings ongoing, he should get his lawyer to write to her lawyer for an explanation on why the kids are not in school.
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Op, your friend needs to go through his lawyer to find out exactly why the kids are not in school and then go from there. He shouldn't give himself heart attack prior to learning exactly why they are not in school this semester. undecided

ok, will relay this to him. Thanks
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
GboyegaD:
They are still in communication from what I understand as such, he should ask her why the kids are not in school. However, if there is a divorce proceedings ongoing, he should get his lawyer to write to her lawyer for an explanation on why the kids are not in school.

Alright thanks.
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
BIGGIE121:
Hello

Hi. what's your contribution buddy
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by collette10: 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
If indeed they are separated, I mean divorced, he can sue for custody of the children on the basis of the woman's deliberate act of preventing the children from schooling.
But it all boils down to if he wants custody of the children.
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Richy4(m): 6:13am On Sep 24, 2021

I don't want to guess but I kind of understand the woman... She's scared that she will wake up one morning, send the kids to school only to return empty handed because they may have been taken by their dad...

All these will play out well were there's understanding... Let that Man have a one on one conversation with the wife, probably involve one person that the wife respects or holds with high esteem in a neutral place like a restaurant.

Let him tell her there with that person present that this was what he discovered... And if it was because of taking the kids from her, that she shouldn't bother that he won't do it.. if that was not the woman's concern, then they can iron the problem there and then together... My opinion though...

Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 8:33am On Sep 24, 2021
collette10:
If indeed they are separated, I mean divorced, he can sue for custody of the children on the basis of the woman's deliberate act of preventing the children from schooling.
But it all boils down to if he wants custody of the children.

Thank you very much. They are not actually on divorce proceedings, just separated. All he needs now is just a bit of professional advice and legal steps to take. Note that the husband does not even want any custody of the kids now because he is not stable.
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 8:43am On Sep 24, 2021
Richy4:

I don't want to guess but I kind of understand the woman... She's scared that she will wake up one morning, send the kids to school only to return empty handed because they may have been taken by their dad...

All these will play out well were there's understanding... Let that Man have a one on one conversation with the wife, probably involve one person that the wife respects or holds with high esteem in a neutral place like a restaurant.

Let him tell her there with that person present that this was what he discovered... And if it was because of taking the kids from her, that she shouldn't bother that he won't do it.. if that was not the woman's concern, then they can iron the problem there and then together... My opinion though...

Your contribution is well taken. My appreciation. The husband in any way is not even interested in taking custody of the kids due to the nature of his job. He is not stable. Rather he just wanna be sure that the wife is not handling the life of the kids carelessly.

Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by eyinjuege: 9:31am On Sep 24, 2021
Why hasn't he gone in person to see his children and find out about their welfare?
Secondly, Why can't he ask their mother about why the children are not in school? She may have a plausible reason.
Lastly, you mentioned your friend isn't stable enough to have the kids with him. Does that mean he hasn't been sending their school fees?
Perhaps their mother can't afford their school fees for now and she might have changed them to a public school or a cheaper school.
Your friend needs to go down to where his children are and find out what's going on. If it's school fees matter, he needs to buckle up to pay his children's fees. If it's something else, get to the bottom of it and find a solution

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2021
eyinjuege:
Why hasn't he gone in person to see his children and find out about their welfare?
Secondly, Why can't he ask their mother about why the children are not in school? She may have a plausible reason.
Lastly, you mentioned your friend isn't stable enough to have the kids with him. Does that mean he hasn't been sending their school fees?
Perhaps their mother can't afford their school fees for now and she might have changed them to a public school or a cheaper school.
Your friend needs to go down to where his children are and find out what's going on. If it's school fees matter, he needs to buckle up to pay his children's fees. If it's something else, get to the bottom of it and find a solution

Is not a matter of not being able to pay for school fees. What I mean by he is not being stable is that the nature of his job does not permit him to even get custody of his children because he travels a lot. The major issue with him is the legal steps he needs to take if his wife continues to play down the destiny of those kids.
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by eyinjuege: 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
Doveheart:

Is not a matter of not being able to pay for school fees. What I mean by he is not being stable is that the nature of his job does not permit him to even get custody of his children because he travels a lot. The major issue with him is the legal steps he needs to take if his wife continues to play down the destiny of those kids.

But how does he know the children are not in school though?
Why would their mother keep them out of school if they can afford to go?
What could they be doing for their mother at home?
He needs to ask their mother about what he's heard concerning the children not being in school.
Or better still, go and see your children and find out from them about their welfare.
Your job should not be more important than your children.
Re: Lawyers! Help A Friend, His Children Are Insecure In The Hands Of Their Mother by Doveheart: 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
eyinjuege:

But how does he know the children are not in school though?
Why would their mother keep them out of school if they can afford to go?
What could they be doing for their mother at home?
He needs to ask their mother about what he's heard concerning the children not being in school.
Or better still, go and see your children and find out from them about their welfare.
Your job should not be more important than your children.

I got the info from their school teachers and management that they have not resumed for the new term. I can by the grace of God afford their school fees, it's not an issue in this case. She actually sent them on a journey I am not aware while they supposed to be in school All I need is legal advice and steps I need to take on this kind of mother.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Unwanted Pregnancy / Is It Wrong For A Christian To attend His Village's Mmanwu(masquerade) Festival? / My Wife Denied Me From Having S*x Since I Lost My Job Nigerian Man Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.