Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared (888 Views)

Atani Anambra State; Tuesday Sit At Home Situational Report. / Kanu: IPOB Declares Tuesday Sit-At-Home In South-East / Nnamdi KANU: Why Tuesday Sit-At-Home Order Was Declared - IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Fastnewsnigeria: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
IPOB, The Indigenous People of Biafra, has said its September 14 sit-at-home order is in honour of victims of the military raid in Afaraukwu, the home town of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu.

On September 14, 2017, military operatives had invaded Afaraukwu in Abia State in an attempt to arrest Kanu.

During the raid, about 28 people were said to have been killed by soldiers.

However, IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful, said the Tuesday sit-at-home is sacrosanct across the Southeast.

According to Powerful: “We the global movement of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) wish to remind all Biafrans, friends of Biafra and lovers of Biafra freedom across the globe that the sit-at-home order issued by the IPOB leadership to be observed tomorrow, Tuesday, September 14, 2021, is sacrosanct.

“The peaceful protest is for the remembrance of the victims of the genocidal invasion of our Leader’s compound at Afaraukwu Ibeku Umuahia on September 14 2017. No fewer than 28 innocent Biafrans were killed that day by the Nigeria Army during the raid.

“We advise all Biafrans, both men and women, to stay indoors tomorrow as a mark of honour to these fallen heroes and heroines. We must not fail to remember the supreme sacrifices of these great freedom seekers. Nothing done to honour them should be considered too much for they have watered the tree of Biafra freedom with their blood.

“Our Leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has also made a lot of sacrifices for the restoration of Biafra. So, all of us must be prepared to play our roles to accomplish this great task. Biafra independence is a mandate that we must live to accomplish.”

Powerful maintained that the alleged killings of Biafra agitators would not deter IPOB from its agitation for secession.

“We won’t be deterred by the killings of Biafra agitators by Nigeria compromised security agencies who cannot confront Fulani bandits and herdsmen rampaging the country. They derive pleasure in killing and torturing innocent people agitating for their freedom while fleeing from real terrorists,” he said.
SOURCE: https://fastnewsng.com/ipob-why-tuesday-sit-at-home-order-was-declared/

1 Like

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by SmartPolician: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
These people will abuse this sit-at-home order soon and nobody will take them seriously anymore. I hear that keke riders are at work in Awka. How can you declare a sit-at-home order every week and not make provision for palliatives.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by hisgrace090: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
And umahi of ebonyi state honours buratai today 13th day of sept, for reason best known to him.

As selfish as this pressent igbo political leaders.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Fastnewsnigeria: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
SmartPolician:
These people will abuse this sit-at-home order soon and nobody will take them seriously anymore. I hear that keke riders are at work in Awka. How can you declare a sit-at-home order every week and not make provision for palliatives.
Is that what you think
Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by jimi4us: 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
nice one, I believe so much in Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. fck fulanis

1 Like

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Eduboy1990: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
Fastnewsnigeria:

Is that what you think

Is true dear
Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Conner44: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
I don’t know if it’s just me but I find myself very very amused and happy whenever I see bmc’s and afonjeezzee’s opening numerous threads on mondays trying to mock the igbos for sitting at home lol

It can only mean Igbos are doing something right hence the tears and wailing we hear from these people on mondays grin

Ipob abeg continue to dey pepper dem jor. We dey house dey enjoy our extended weekend no shaking

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Fastnewsnigeria: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Conner44:
I don’t know if it’s just me but I find myself very very amused and happy whenever I see bmc’s and afonjeezzee’s opening numerous threads on mondays trying to mock the igbos for sitting at home lol

It can only mean Igbos are doing something right hence the tears and wailing we hear from these people on mondays grin

Ipob abeg continue to dey pepper dem jor. We dey house dey enjoy our extended weekend no shaking
Biafra Till the end

5 Likes

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Conner44: 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
Fastnewsnigeria:

Biafra Till the end

Biafra till Jesus come down cool

2 Likes

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by yemmight(m): 1:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
They should just declare everyday as sit at home.

1 Like

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by BiafraInc: 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
SmartPolician:
[s]These people will abuse this sit-at-home order soon and nobody will take them seriously anymore. I hear that keke riders are at work in Awka. How can you declare a sit-at-home order every week and not make provision for palliatives. [/s]

TERRORIST, ARE YOU THE ONE LOSING MONEY? IT'S IGBO MONEY AND WE CAN AFFORD TO SIT AT HOME FOR A FULL YEAR WITHOUT COMPALINING, SO WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? WHY CRYING MORE THAN THE BEREAVED? DURING COVID-19, PEOPLE SAT AT HOME FOR A WHOLE FULL YEAR WITHOUT YOUR USELESS GOVERNMENT SUPPORT/PALLIATIVES, YET OUR PEOPLE DIDN'T DIE NOR COMPLAIN OF LOSING MONEY.

SIT AT HOME IS THE WAY TO GO. YOU CAN'T SEE ANYONE TO SHOOT IN THE STREETS LIKE BEFORE. IF IT PAIN YOU SO MUCH, GO INTO PEOPLE'S HOMES TO DRAG THEM OUT. IMBECILES, SIT AT HOME IS JUST THE BEGINING. MANY MORE ACTIONS TO FOLLOW.

1 Like

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Rugaria: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
Conner44:

Afonjas are unbelievable, I tell ya
Given up on those ones.. No mekwantansi there
Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Ishilove: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Rugaria:

Afonjas are unbelievable, I tell ya
Given up on those ones.. No mekwantansi there
What does this mean?
Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Rugaria: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ishilove:

What does this mean?
It means ishilove is a very beuriful lady..
Kpom kwem!

1 Like

Re: IPOB – Why Tuesday Sit-at-home Order Was Declared by Ishilove: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
Rugaria:

It means ishilove is a very beuriful lady..
Kpom kwem!
Kpom kwem! cheesy

You are funny cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Airport: Group Slams Air Peace Over Sales Of "Fradulent" Tickets / Breaking : Live Results From Anambra Guber Election / Governor Ortom Denies Calling Benue People Drunkards, Says It's APC Mischief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.