Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... (2191 Views)

Infinix Zero X Pro To Feature 108MP Triple Camera With OIS, Periscope Zoom Lens / WIZKID GOT ANOTHER HIT | Camon15 Camera BETTER than IPHONE 11 Pro & INFINIX S5 / Infinix Note 5 Vs TECNO Camon X Pro - Speed Test, RAM Management & Battery Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
Infinix has announced the launch of the latest iteration of it’s Infinix Zero flagship line up. There are three devices here and they are aptly named the Infinix Zero X Pro, Infinix Zero X and Infinix Zero X Neo.

The Infinix Zero X Pro is the premium device in this line up and has the best specs. The other two are the vanilla Infinix Zero and the Infinix Zero Neo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0duxvNT7vrk

The Infinix line up has been steadily improving for years as the company looks to be able to stake a claim for a share of the upper midrange market. Now despite all of this, is the Zero line looking for good enough for you to part with your hard earned cash?

Lets find out…

Infinix Zero X Pro, Zero X and Zero X Neo
Infinix Zero Neo
The Infinix Zero Neo is the most affordable device here and as a result has the least specs in this lineup. But that does not mean that it is a bad device. Not in the slightest. It houses a MediaTek Helio G95 with a Mali G76 for graphics and gaming. There is also LPDDR4x RAM with UFS 2.2 for storage. These should ensure that app usage, gaming, social media as well as file sharing are fast and easy.

For those who are photographically inclined, there is a triple camera set up on board with a 48MP main camera for pictures that also shoots 4K video at 30fps. The other cameras are an 8MP Ultrawide angle, and an 8MP periscope camera. The selfie camera is a 16MP camera.

The display is a 6.78” LCD display with HD+ resolution with a refresh/touch rate of 90Hz/180Hz. There is no Gorilla glass protection. The battery is a huge 5000mAh and it supports 18W fast charging (0 – 40% in 15mins). The phone ships with XoS 7.6 on Android 11 and has a USB-C port and a headphone jack. For security, there is a fingerprint sensor.

Infinix Zero X
The Infinix Zero X is the middle device and it shares a lot of specs with the premium Zero X Pro. Just like the Zero Neo, it has a MediaTek Helio G95 with a Mali G76 for graphics and gaming. There is also LPDDR4x RAM with UFS 2.2 for storage. These specs all amount to a very decent performance for the smartphone.

If you like pictures, there is a triple camera set up on board with a 64MP main camera for pictures that also shoots 4K video at 30fps. The other cameras are an 8MP Ultrawide angle, and an 8MP periscope camera. The selfie camera is a 16MP camera.

The display is a 6.67” AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution. The display has a density of 395ppi and a brightness of 700 nits. Infinix also says that this display has a refresh/touch rate of 120Hz/240Hz. There is no Gorilla glass protection. The battery is a huge 4500mAh and it supports 45W fast charging (0 – 40% in 15mins) just like the Zero Neo. The phone ships with XoS 7.6 on Android 11 and has a USB-C port and a headphone jack.

Infinix Zero X Pro
The Zero X Pro is the flagship device of this series. It shares nearly all of the same specs with the aforementioned phones. It has a MediaTek Helio G95 with a Mali G76 for graphics and gaming. There is also LPDDR4x RAM with UFS 2.2 for storage just like the other two.

It is in the camera department that the Zero X stands out. It houses a 108MP main camera for pictures that also shoots 4K video at 30fps. Whilst I am yet to find out the name of the sensor, it does look like like a Samsung HM2 to me. The other cameras are an 8MP Ultrawide angle, and an 8MP periscope camera. The selfie camera is a 16MP camera.

The display is a 6.67” AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution. The display has a density of 395ppi and a brightness of 700 nits. Infinix also says that this display has a refresh/touch rate of 120Hz/240Hz. There is no Gorilla glass protection. The battery is a huge 4500mAh and it supports 45W fast charging (0 – 40% in 15mins) just like the Zero X and Neo. The phone ships with XoS 7.6 on Android 11 and has a USB-C port and a headphone jack.

Takeaway
One thing I noticed was that the Helio G95 maxes out at a refresh rate of 90Hz but it seems that Infinix added an Intelligent device driver chip to either make the screen go faster or simulate the effect. Is that going to be good for the screen in the long run?

Secondly, the Helio G95 also maxes out at a 64MP camera resolution. How is it going to support a 108MP camera? Is this 108MP the real deal or just a gimmick for bragging rights?

These are questions that I hope they answer.

The periscope lenses on offer are an excellent move from Infinix and with the addition of the Galileo engine, moon shots are going to be a thing. I really hope they can pull it off. The lenses are willing but the G95 may be weak.

To round up, these specs are very impressive from Infinix and these phones can compete very well in the market. Apart from the aforementioned questions, the only left is the price. Oh yes, the prices are very important and since their sister company goofed with the pricing of the Phantom X, I hope they do not make the same blunder.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/09/13/infinix-zero-x-pro-zero-x-and-zero-x-neo-is-here/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by OneGeek(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
A well-balanced take.

Pricing would be a huge determinant for sure, but I'm positive it wouldn't too far off Tecno Phantom X's price. Say about 200k. Would immediately make it a non-starter of course.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
OneGeek:
A well-balanced take.

Pricing would be a huge determinant for sure, but I'm positive it wouldn't too far off Tecno Phantom X's price. Say about 200k. Would immediately make it a non-starter of course.

Thank you. I guess they are gauging the market before announcing the price.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by frankman365(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
What happened to the Helio G96?
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
frankman365:
What happened to the Helio G96?

Probably to mislead the public about the 108mp support.

Maybe a deal for the G96 chips fell through due to the Global chip shortage.

Could be anything bro.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by KrazyDave16(m): 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2021
It's been valued at the $300 mark but won't be surprised if that price tag is not for this country.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by thepoweruser(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Drat. My fellow atheist beat me to it. Oh, well.

I guess the leaks were spot on. Big ups to Infinix. You deserve a thumbs-up.

Yes, I find the 120Hz situation curious. Perhaps by 'intelligent optimisation' they mean 90hz+ 40Hz black frame insertion to get 120Hz; not that BFI is necessarily a bad thing. Brightness is a big letdown of BFI, since you're strobing black frames. Me'd rather have G95 with Mali-G76 MP4 and 90Hz than G96 with G57 MC4 and 120Hz. G57 ain't bad but it ain't as good as G76.

108MP is DEFINITELY HM2 (@atheistandproud, what are you expecting? HM2? HM3?! (Nibo grin)) Anyways, 1/1.52" sensor plus OIS should result in even better low light performance. Score two for the XFans. (Yes, yes, G95 doesn't support 108MP snapshot, but hey; it's pixel-binning to 12MP that gives the best results).

8MP periscope with 60x zoom? Good. Don't expect vivo X60 Pro+ or ZTE Axon 30 Ultra-level zoom quality, though. I've always said this: there is more to camera performance than raw specs. Ask Pixel users. Anyway, should be the best Infinix camera phone. wink

Everything else is A-OK, though.

Here's me waiting for the price. Now that's the SELLING POINT !

Pics below courtesy of unbox.ph.

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by SunshineHQ(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
OneGeek:
A well-balanced take.

200k for this?grin
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by Randerl: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
This Lizard Is Trying To Act Like Crocodile.

This Local Lizard Can Never Be A Crocodile In America.

4 Likes

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2021
Wait for the price..
Wait for it.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 8:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Wait for the price..
Wait for it.. shocked

E go shock all us las las grin grin grin
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
thepoweruser:
Drat. My fellow atheist beat me to it. Oh, well.

I guess the leaks were spot on. Big ups to Infinix. You deserve a thumbs-up.

Yes, I find the 120Hz situation curious. Perhaps by 'intelligent optimisation' they mean 90hz+ 40Hz black frame insertion to get 120Hz; not that BFI is necessarily a bad thing. Brightness is a big letdown of BFI, since you're strobing black frames. Me'd rather have G95 with Mali-G76 MP4 and 90Hz than G96 with G57 MC4 and 120Hz. G57 ain't bad but it ain't as good as G76.

108MP is DEFINITELY HM2 (@atheistandproud, what are you expecting? HM2? HM3?! (Nibo grin)) Anyways, 1/1.52" sensor plus OIS should result in even better low light performance. Score two for the XFans. (Yes, yes, G95 doesn't support 108MP snapshot, but hey; it's pixel-binning to 12MP that gives the best results).

8MP periscope with 60x zoom? Good. Don't expect vivo X60 Pro+ or ZTE Axon 30 Ultra-level zoom quality, though. I've always said this: there is more to camera performance than raw specs. Ask Pixel users. Anyway, should be the best Infinix camera phone. wink

Everything else is A-OK, though.

Here's me waiting for the price. Now that's the SELLING POINT !

Pics below courtesy of unbox.ph.

108mp on top of G95 that only supports 64mp.

I no believe sha. I think the envy of Xiaomi's 108mp is the motivating factor here.

The sad fact is that people buying this phone expecting to see 108mp will be shortchanged big time.
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
waiting for the price,for now the phone is superb

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by Enigma2049(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
Good device. Las las na the price go determine if it's value for money.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by ngBuild: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
Each time i rush to watch your videos i get disappointed seeing still images, you talk a lot too.
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
ngBuild:
Each time i rush to watch your videos i get disappointed seeing still images, you talk a lot too.

No vex oh.

You fit still reduce the volume if you no like my voice. Thank you.

If you no like the voice bros, there are others that do.

3 Likes

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by ngBuild: 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
atheistandproud:

No vex oh.

You fit still reduce the volume if you no like my voice. Thank you.

If you no like the voice bros, there are others that do.
is just how i feel, will feel better when you start doing hands on reviews, I don't just enjoy it now.
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
ngBuild:
is just how i feel, will feel better when you start doing hands on reviews, I don't just enjoy it now.

No wahala.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll keep it in mind.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by harryodilli19(m): 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
how is the moonshot camera? is it really as good as advertised? apart from this it seems to have a nice battery, helio chip and display.
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by atheistandproud(m): 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2021
harryodilli19:
how is the moonshot camera? is it really as good as advertised? apart from this it seems to have a nice battery, helio chip and display.

The moonshot feature is overrated. It is not even close to what is advertised. I was expecting a lot from the Gallileo engine.
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by skywalker240(m): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2021
108mp on Redmi Note 10 pro putting some bitches up all night on a pedestal. grin
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by Regex: 3:03am On Sep 18, 2021
skywalker240:
108mp on Redmi Note 10 pro putting some bitches up all night on a pedestal. grin

Omo, Redmi note 9 is a really good phone for its price. Bought it for £129 (promo, original price is £200).
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by skywalker240(m): 6:54am On Sep 18, 2021
Regex:

Omo, Redmi note 9 is a really good phone for its price. Bought it for £129 (promo, original price is £200).
redmi is what transsion phones will ever dream to be.
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by harryodilli19(m): 9:46am On Nov 08, 2021
A lovely looking smartphone that has a powerful gaming processor by mediatek.
Re: Infinix Zero X Pro: Infinix Almost Gets It Right. Almost... by harryodilli19(m): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2021
I like the mediatek processor and the display quality in this phone. Good one by Infinix!

(1) (Reply)

Can't Root My TECNO D3 / Android Edited Picture Thread - Share Your Best Edited Here / Download Real Racing 3 (money And All Cars) For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.