Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist (1211 Views)

I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / An Atheist On Judgment Day / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Abetterperson: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
Nigeria is among the most religious countries in world and I really want to know how a parent would react if they found out that their child is an atheist

Please me kind and give constructive criticisms
Remember not everyone is supposed to think like u

2 Likes

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2021
Will so happy for him. Religion is the main reason why Nigeria is in serious mess today.

6 Likes

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by SuperNova33: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2021
Atheism is a religion of it's own but they make you think otherwise.

It is even a worst form of living.

1 Like

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by SisterFire(f): 6:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
...if it is my son my love for him will increase ,
If my daughter I will host a party ( a female atheist is DA bomb)

6 Likes

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Kondomatic(m): 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Will so happy for him. Religion is the main reason why Nigeria is in serious mess today.
This is not true.
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Bacteriologist(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
SuperNova33:

Yeah because the religion that teaches little children that an eternal furnace created by an all-loving god awaits them if they don't obey is a very good form of living! So intelligent!

6 Likes

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Eviana(f): 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
SPECIAL NOTE: I MOVED THIS COMMENT OVER TO FAMILY SECTION (SINCE THE OP POSTED THE TOPIC OVER THERE) DUE TO THE BEHAVIOR OF SOME OF THE POSTERS ON THIS THREAD. THANKS

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by SuperNova33: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bacteriologist:

Yeah because the religion that teaches little children that an eternal furnace created by an all-loving god awaits them if they don't obey is a very good form of living! So intelligent!
you just wanna argue .. and I too want to oblige you

So you are an atheist, what does that even mean ? You don't belief in God is a belief in of it's self because if God exists and you don't believe that means you believe he doesn't which is a belief system too.

Anyway God exist until you can explain how mathematics exist, how the sun exists how the earth is perfectly suitable for life, how you as a living being happen to exist with a head hands legs fingers, a heart that knows when and where to send blood to keep your brain functioning and thinking Ungrateful thoughts ... without your say in the matter, a skeleton that is perfectly suited to keep you erect and mobile... Abeg... this is all signs of design do you know that almost all technology has root in natural design? Cars,planes trains all have root in natural things ? Let's even talk about fire which is only real when it burns... See you are limiting your self by thinking you are an atheist.. I was once an atheist and l realized it was an empty journey.

Bro you are on a journey of emptiness. I am not saying follow religion but follow God.
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Bluewitch(f): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
MyVILLAGEpeople:

wink
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Bluewitch(f): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
SuperNova33:

Lmaoooo
You think Christianity or Islam is better?
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Bluewitch(f): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bacteriologist:

grin grin

Leave him to deceive himself
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by SuperNova33: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bluewitch:

Lmaoooo
You think Christianity or Islam is better?
witch craft is the worst and I rebuke you in the name of all that is holy.

Carry your winchy go front madam. I am not a Christian or Muslim they are both religions.

You cant be a witch and be an atheist eighther so stop confusing yourself
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Bluewitch(f): 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
SuperNova33:

Carry your winchy go front madam. I am not a Christian or Muslim they are both religions.

kiss cry

grin

Sorry @the bolded doesn't work

1 Like

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Bluewitch(f): 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
SuperNova33:

kiss cry

grin

Sorry @the bolded doesn't work
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dliquidmetal(m): 5:16am On Sep 14, 2021
SuperNova33:

you were never and "atheist" lmao probably an atheist wanna be at most,to come to a conclusion that their exist not a supreme being requires lots or studies,researches,experiments and finally convictions. No confuse yourself
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by SuperNova33: 5:20am On Sep 14, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
you were never and "atheist" lmao probably an atheist wanna be at most,to come to a conclusion that their exist not a supreme being requires lots or studies,researches,experiments and finally convictions. No confuse yourself
lovely, so what research, experiments did you do? I wanna know because even the brightest of mind have not been able to disprove God and you are not one of them so what research ?
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2021
SuperNova33:
lovely, so what research, experiments did you do? I wanna know because even the brightest of mind have not been able to disprove God and you are not one of them so what research ?
I'm not trying to prove to you of the existence or non existence of a god(s),I have my own personal convictions and I have always almost knew since I was little but as I grew older I was able to read more and with my life experiences I'm certain of some things as regards to gods,dogmas,superstitions. And when you say "even the brightest of mind" what do you mean? Like einstein? And I see an undertone like you implying that I'm a dumb fvck? grin
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by SuperNova33: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
I'm not trying to prove to you of the existence or non existence of a god(s),I have my own personal convictions and I have always almost knew since I was little but as I grew older I was able to read more and with my life experiences I'm certain of some things as regards to gods,dogmas,superstitions. And when you say "even the brightest of mind" what do you mean? Like einstein? And I see an undertone like you implying that I'm a dumb fvck? grin
only a fool says in his mind that there is no God... Bro keep an open mind don't navigate life with another person's conclusions. See, I have traveled down that road and it's a dead end. There is no peace you can get better than, when you commune daily with your maker I am not saying be a Christian or any other religion but find your maker. Seek first the kingdom of God and righteousness.

You are in your early or late twenties I feel and that is why there is this sharpness and certainty in your demeanour, that is how I was but to took me almost 15 years to get to a place that should take days.

Don't listen to what you think you have read somewhere

How a chicken lays an egg in the same shape Every time is not coincidence. I can give you many examples of Devine design many many.

Don't follow those atheist and their lifestyle it is an empty existence. Devoid of meaning.

Only a fool says in his heart there is no God .

You are intelligent no doubt but intelligence can lead you down needless paths.
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dliquidmetal(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2021
SuperNova33:
"only a fool says in his heart that there ain't no god"
hey man,if we are to go on with this,we would just go on an never ending loop of fruitlessless. I'd just say you should hold on to your believe and I'd hold on to my unbeliever. I got this quote from the book "the God delusion" by Richard Dawkins
[/b]I am satisfied, and sufficiently occupied with the things which are, without tormenting or troubling myself about those which may indeed be, but of which I have no evidence.[b]
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by SuperNova33: 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
hey man,if we are to go on with this,we would just go on an never ending loop of fruitlessless. I'd just say you should hold on to your believe and I'd hold on to my unbeliever. I got this quote from the book "the God delusion" by Richard Dawkins
[/b]I am satisfied, and sufficiently occupied with the things which are, without tormenting or troubling myself about those which may indeed be, but of which I have no evidence.[b]
haha I know you had to scour the internet to find one meaningless post by Richard Dawkins of all people ... come bruv, you can do better
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Bacteriologist:

You can do like the foolish servant who was given one talent and return your life or remove yourself from this world,.

The Owner of this world has already made it that "Just Is" Must Be Given one way or the other.

You can not steal, kill and destroy from me or another think that we shall not cry for Just is and Compensation.

You owe me therefore you must pay me

If you do good, get good!

But if you do evil, you must get your evil.

An eye, for an eye.

All debts must repaid in full.
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dliquidmetal(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2021
SuperNova33:
haha I know you had to scour the internet to find one meaningless post by Richard Dawkins of all people ... come bruv, you can do better
dang!! My man,how do you just conclude that "I had to scour the internet"? Come on man,I love his books,that quote resonated with me but you can say whatever you want I have not the strength to convince anyone as I said earlier,hold on to your believes(comforting lies) but I'd embrace the bitter truth of reality

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by SuperNova33: 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
dang!! My man,how do you just conclude that "I had to scour the internet"? Come on man,I love his books,that quote resonated with me but you can say whatever you want I have not the strength to convince anyone as I said earlier,hold on to your believes(comforting lies) but I'd embrace the bitter truth of reality
bros so you had read the whole book and it turned your head totally ..
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dliquidmetal(m): 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2021
grin crazy how people think you need to believe in some sky daddies in order to be morally upright,people wey dey do kill themselves for some supposed rituals would still hits their heads on the floor on fridays and also the Christian ones would carry their bibles and go to church ever Sunday. Who's really fooling who? Look at Nigeria and judge if religiosity has anything to do with morals
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
grin crazy how people think you need to believe in some sky daddies in order to be morally upright,..

It's crazy how people who have proven that they are stupid and foolish and have often confessed that they are fools, will think that they can determine what it is Right.

Whereas, even they themselves have proffessed and confessed that they know nothing!

So talk about a fool determining what right and wrong is and later coming to confess that he is a fool o and no one should listen to him. grin

Madness is it.

Dliquidmetal:

...people wey dey do kill themselves for some supposed rituals would still hits their heads on the floor on fridays and also the Christian ones would carry their bibles and go to church ever Sunday. Who's really fooling who? Look at Nigeria and judge if religiosity has anything to do with morals

People who live in Cursed Lands do all sorts of madness, But those who dwell in the House of The Lord, eat full and live very well.
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
... I got this quote from the book "the God delusion" by Richard Dawkins..

I have this quote in counter.

It is only a foolish toy/creation that expects to see it's Creator in its carton.
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dliquidmetal(m): 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I have this quote in counter.

It is only a foolish toy/creation that expects to see it's Creator in its carton.
lol this guy,so condescending and egoistic. If na insult you wan dey yarn to take make point then I'm not coming down to your level sorry.

3 Likes

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2021
Dliquidmetal:
lol this guy,so condescending and egoistic. If na insult you wan dey yarn to take make point then I'm not coming down to your level sorry.

Is there any polite way of telling a fellow mannequin that how could it think that because he sees everyone in its showglass therefore it's creator stays with it in its showglass?
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 15, 2021
Abetterperson:
Nigeria is among the most religious countries in world and I really want to know how a parent would react if they found out that their child is an atheist

My child will be born an atheist like everyone else

I wonder how faith in God will enter his or her head except by chance

Anyway
He or she will have certain things to learn about me
Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2021
I would be very glad. It means religious indoctrination has not damaged them too much that they can't drop it and that going forward they can live their lives without any of the baggage.

2 Likes

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Bigcowhorn: 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
SisterFire:
...if it is my son my love for him will increase ,
If my daughter I will host a party ( a female atheist is DA bomb)

Re: How Will U React If U Found Out Your Child Is An Atheist by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abetterperson:

It's a future impossible tense by the grace of God. i cannot raise a fool. A waste of life, time and money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible Isn’t Wrong, You Are / Stop Walking In Ignorance And Depression, Teripaul Blast NL Members ;D / Win $10,000 For Scientific Proof Of Evolution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.